Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by meridius
Joined Aug 2015
1 Posts
Help!
Matching propeller and motor on hovercraft

Hi guys,

I have a favor to ask.

I have one old hovercraft on which I'd like to upgrade motors and main propeller. There is one main motor for lift and two for thrust. The thing is I am not able to find the right calculator for matching propeller and motor on hovercraft. There are plenty of calculators online for planes and x-copters but I've found none for hovercrafts. There are also some for generic propeller/motor matching but there I'm limited by my max propeller size which is under limit of those calcs.

When I try to calc necessary KV for my prop (2-bladed 2"x1" but I think I should buy more-bladed) and weight of my craft (cca 650 g or 23 oz) I get something between 20 000 and 43 000 which seems to me like a lot given I could only find motors rated about 5 000 KV.

The question is, could you please help me with picking the right propeller and motor?
meridius is offline Find More Posts by meridius
to remove ads between posts