New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM
Find More Posts by RocketMouse
mucho FPV
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
I guess it's better to pick up Xiaomy Yi which is already into gopro form factor, and much better quality than Mobius for the same price. And not so ugly btw.
RocketMouse is online now Find More Posts by RocketMouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM
Find More Posts by Ltomi78
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined May 2011
478 Posts
Just for Your information we upgraded CS-1 mobius and small action cam gimbal. It was strengthen both on mechanical side and on controller side.

Now V2 version offered on lower price as before in the webstore

The new frame is fully compatible backwards with previous version electronical parts: motors and mini controller can aslo be used!

the sensor is side mounted now as default..provide a wide platform to attach mobius or similar size action cams, with mounting screw or double sided tape (in this case you can save 11g using mobius withouth stock bracket)

http://coptercentre.co.uk/ultra-ligh...or-mobius.html

I made some photos of the RTF version and will show also the upgrades.

5 major things were redesign and upgrade on the gimbal:

1. New BGC 3.3 board 2.40b7 FW with stable L78M05 volatage stabiliser and some extra feautre like Buzzer for audio feedback and voltage mesurement function
2.Wider bend on main frame to make it rigid
3. Shortened Roll to Pitch L shape arm decrares vibration.
4. One rail mount on Roll to Pitch arm and on the camera holder plate for easy adjustment on the front of the motors
5. new mounting holes for normal size controller at the bottom of the main frame.
(To provide to biggest free space for mobius movement with FPV cables we ship the gimbal with back mounted board but you have option to use also mini controller or similar 50x50 size normal controlle at bottom or back mounted)
Ltomi78 is offline Find More Posts by Ltomi78
Last edited by Ltomi78; Yesterday at 03:41 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by RobFromPluto
Joined Feb 2015
55 Posts
Thanks rocketmouse, i didn't know the quality was higher, i'll look into that camera for sure. But will be keeping an eye on the cs-1 v2 for sure since i already have a mobius, that looks like a fantastic gimbal.
RobFromPluto is offline Find More Posts by RobFromPluto
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFromPluto View Post
Thanks rocketmouse, i didn't know the quality was higher, i'll look into that camera for sure.
It's definitely NOT better, unless you use the 60fps that it can do in 1080p mode as a measure. The image quality is actually worse to my eye. I have both it and the Mobius to use as a basis for my viewpoints. The price on the Yi is good considering the hardware in it, but I think the optics need to be improved as well as the means for changing the configuration. But you MUST HAVE a wireless link to another device to run an app or a third party Windows GUI in a PC with wireless communication to access the camera directly to change the config! Much has to be done via a cryptic script language to change things the GUI does not yet give access to. It needs a direct USB communication for configuration changes and not just for transfering files and loading in script commands to change settings. It has a lot of work to do to give the best user experience. Just my opinion as a user of both it and the Mobius. YMMV.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Yesterday at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by RocketMouse
mucho FPV
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
I also have both and optic is definitely better than Mobius. Among that it has 2K, much more details, much better compression without horrible Mobius blocking, really working WDR, and as a bonus - any parameters are adjusted via user scripts. Such as: resolution, bitrate, gamma, noise reduction, etc.

It can even shoot RAWs with amazing quality which is uncomparably better than Mobius.

Settings are not the problem, any modern Android can do it.

The only drawback is that it requires refocusing. But this is simple and quick. And after that you will like it!
Ah, well it doesn't have an auto start. Doh!

Check it out!
http://sjcamguides.com/xiaomi-yi-action-camera-review/

You will never get this with Mobius:
RocketMouse is online now Find More Posts by RocketMouse
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
I also have both and optic is definitely better than Mobius. Among that it has 2K, much more details, much better compression without horrible Mobius blocking, really working WDR, and as a bonus - any parameters are adjusted via user scripts. Such as: resolution, bitrate, gamma, noise reduction, etc.

It can even shoot RAWs with amazing quality which is uncomparably better than Mobius.

Settings are not the problem, any modern Android can do it.

The only drawback is that it requires refocusing. But this is simple and quick. And after that you will like it!
Ah, well it doesn't have an auto start. Doh!

Check it out!
http://sjcamguides.com/xiaomi-yi-action-camera-review/

You will never get this with Mobius:
Not to be argumentative, but I did refocus mine, and the focus is still softer at the edges and the compression needs adjusting. There are many posts about this in the YI thread. I don't shoot stills, only video. The Ambarella DSP in the YI is the only component that is better in my view, with the higher frame rate for video. If you want 2k resolution and stills, that's fine, but the sharpness of the lens is not demonstratively better in the same fame sizes as the Mobius, at least to my eye. The Ambarella can do higher data rates, but also needs them for the higher frame rates and frame sizes. Function wise, it is inferior... lots less than the Mobius other than auto-start function. Maybe the FW will catch up one day, but Mobius 2 may be out by then, so it would be a better camera to compare with. But this is way off topic from the thread subject, so enough said (by me at least).

Not everyone has an Android device, by the way Nor do I want one just to toggle camera settings, nor scripts for that either. Just one users opinion. YMMV.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Today, 03:20 AM
Find More Posts by OlliW
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
2,920 Posts
the Xi has HD at 60fps, which for aerial videography is a lightyear improvement over 30fps ... there is IMHO no point to argue here
when just move a Mobius 180 around passing through the direction of the sun and compare the results of the Mobius and Xi ... another lightyear difference ... the Mobius' coarse adaption is just inacceptable ... IMHO
in view of these two drawbacks of the Mobius any other which the Xi may have are IMHO less relevant
coincidentally or not, I haven't seen on the web any Mobius aerial footage which I would rate as good
I agree though that it would be cool if the Xi guys would build a cam dedicated for gimbal applications
just my 2 cents
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW