SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2015, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by vincent713
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,889 Posts
Do you have a pic of what you're talking about?
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2015, 06:41 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,889 Posts
Added weights

With the addition of using a bigger heavier 3S battery, I had to add 1oz of weight on the back to compensate the nose heavy plane.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by Grup
doha Qatar
Joined Jan 2004
899 Posts
The further back you place the weight, the less weight you need. If you put your weights at the extreme tail end, you'll be able to reduce the amount significantly.

But that's a nice little place for them! One thing that's nice about the Ares is all the space inside. I'm putting a gyro in mine and it has limitations on placement but there's plenty of good options

regards
Grup is offline Find More Posts by Grup
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:11 AM
Find More Posts by Clive66
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
With the addition of using a bigger heavier 3S battery, I had to add 1oz of weight on the back to compensate the nose heavy plane.
1/4 ounce under the horizontal would probably accomplish the same thing as the 1 ounce you put there.
Clive66 is online now Find More Posts by Clive66
Old Jul 25, 2015, 01:34 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2,889 Posts
Each weight is 1/4 oz and I would need 2 to install under the horizontal to make it balance. Unless you guys have a better way to install 1 weight on the horizontal? Would I just tape it on the outside?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:05 AM
Find More Posts by groundcontrol
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrol View Post
Just got a regular 370 RTF. Out of the box, the ply wing joiner does not fit into the housing. The ply joiner is straight / rectangular while the housing is stepped. Before I key the joiner to match, has anyone else had to do the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grup View Post
I have two std wings and two acro wings, neither of them have an issue like that. That sounds like a manufacturing defect.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
Do you have a pic of what you're talking about?
Thanks Grup & Vincent. As you said it appears to be a defect. I'll need to cut the bottom right so it fits. Thanks again. -- scratch that, just double checked. Cleaned out the housing and gave it a bit more persuasion. Like a glove now... Gumby....
groundcontrol is offline Find More Posts by groundcontrol
Last edited by groundcontrol; Jul 25, 2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Because I'm a gumby....
Old Jul 25, 2015, 07:01 AM
Find More Posts by Grup
doha Qatar
Joined Jan 2004
899 Posts
Sometimes it's difficult to know when finesse is needed as opposed to muscle.

In my old worn out Triumph motorcycle days we'd say there's just one tool you need, a hammer. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway. I think we borrowed that saying from HD

BTW, I think the manual says you can glue that together; or not. On two planes, I rely on the plastic shield to hold it together; and I've never needed more.

On one, I don't even use that. Last time I flew that plane I had a less-than-elegant landing, which really moved the wing around and separated the two halves by about 2 inches at the front, maybe 1/2" at the rear. No damage at all other than some torn foam at the tips. I think that looseness allows the plane to absorb energy without sustaining damage. As they say "that's my story and I'm sticking with it".

Regards
Grup is offline Find More Posts by Grup
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Sarge707
United States, CT, Southington
Joined Apr 2008
341 Posts
My old wing broke on me Doing stunts in heavy wind because that piece of wood in there is subject to cracking SO I put a 12" 3/16" Wood dowel I got at Walmart for pennies and Gorilla Glued it through the center and Glued TOO the original wood piece. Then taped over. The Eagle A3L Gyro fits perfect in the fuselage at the COG. Love this Little bird -But the Plastic cage is Crap?
Sarge707 is offline Find More Posts by Sarge707
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:30 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2,889 Posts
Hot glue seems to be holding up pretty well on the plastic battery cage.