SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by Blisters
Australia, QLD, Thorneside
Joined Feb 2013
151 Posts
F002 retract upgrade

I have a question for Davy101 and Dambit. I have my new retracts but the bend in the leg jams hard against the retract motor when in a closed position. I notice in Davy101's photo the trunnion is not parallel with the mounting plate in the retracted position but slightly short of its full travel. How did you get it to stop short. I can't get the leg into the trunnion while in the retracted position because the further in it goes the harder it jams against the motor . I must be missing something simple Here is a photo to show what I mean. Thanks Scott
Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Blisters
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by Davy101
United States, KS, Leavenworth
Joined Jan 2012
324 Posts
Put the retract in the down position (using a servo tester or by hooking up to your Rx) and then insert the leg. Make sure you grind flats in the right spots for the two set screws. Now with the leg installed, retract the gear to see if it works well. It it hangs up anywhere, adjust the leg as needed. The bend in the leg causes the trunnion to not close perfectly parallel but the control board in the retract has an over voltage cutoff that will stop the leg when the wheel is in the wheel well. After it is working well, secure the screws with a thread locker. Works for me that way.
Davy101 is online now Find More Posts by Davy101
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,367 Posts
Scott, Do not worry about the bend in the leg. I too was concerned about this, but once it is installed in the plane, the wheel contacts the wheel well first and triggers the cut-off.

No need to bend the legs.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Today, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by Blisters
Australia, QLD, Thorneside
Joined Feb 2013
151 Posts
Thanks Davy101 and Steve ! I really wasn't game to rely on the over current protection but gave it a go tonight and nothing smoked I do like how firmly they pull the wheels into the wells. So here is a photo of the repair so far. Not much left to do now
Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Blisters
Old Today, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,449 Posts
Tried PM'ing Orion Pax to update the first posting links, but just an FYI, I swapped stores and new links are here gents, enjoy.

Available in black or white T-Shirts.

http://www.zazzle.com/focke_wulf_190...31963358871253

http://www.zazzle.com/focke_wulf_190...78315249029482
studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS