HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2014, 04:23 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
On Mikes free flight supplies list of high tech materials I spotted :-

TUBULAR CARBON SPARS

The spars are produced from uni-directional cloth.

Tail spars

3.2mm dia x 400mm long 0.8grams £8.00 each plus post

3.2mm dia x 800mm long 1.6grams £14.00 each plus post

4.0mm dia x 450mm long 2.0 grams £8.00 each plus post

Initially looks expensive but I wonder what Morozov tubes would cost , I think the postage is the next problem.

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
Our pipes are 7 EUR +post 3.0mm dia x 800mm long 1.3 grams
morozov is offline Find More Posts by morozov
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:21 PM
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morozov View Post
Our pipes are 7 EUR +post 3.0mm dia x 800mm long 1.3 grams
Ah that's interesting, have you some way of calculating the cost of postage to the UK?

Arcright
Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
You ask how much are our pipes. I answer. Calculation of the Russian count yourself.
morozov is offline Find More Posts by morozov
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:39 AM
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morozov View Post
You ask how much are our pipes. I answer. Calculation of the Russian count yourself.
I know English isn't your first language, but I have only asked a polite question.
I can't recall directly ask the price of the tubes I might be wrong but thanks for letting us all know anyway.
I can't calculate what the postage charge to the UK would be be as I don't know how you would package the tubes and the charges would be set by your postal service.
You and your colleagues seem to to be very apprehensive about publicising the costs of your products and I find this a bit odd, do you think the more that know the prices the less are likely to buy.
You sent me a PM but in your own language so I have no idea of what the content is, it may be the text from your last post?

Arcright
Old Mar 22, 2014, 05:18 AM
rgj
Joined Dec 2010
48 Posts
Hi
I have seen the wonderful work that Lantzov and I think Morozov have done on this F3p planes and the Equipment, this is a complete new way to think and build planes.
For me it seems they not do this to strat a buisness but its their hobby and that is something we shall not forget so if they want to share their knowlegde and also let us buy some off their goods we should be wery happy, I think they put a lot off work into this and the price they want for this tubes are wery resonable and the postage should not be that big deal.
So my point if you want them you should be happy to pay what ewer the cost would be.
rgj is offline Find More Posts by rgj
Last edited by rgj; Mar 22, 2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 08:00 AM
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgj View Post
So my point if you want them you should be happy to pay what ewer the cost would be.
I doubt anyone would sign an open cheque.
As my request for an idea of the shipping cost is getting lost in translation I think I'll just get some of Mikes tubes when the opportunity arises.

Arcright
Old Mar 23, 2014, 03:22 PM
rgj
Joined Dec 2010
48 Posts
Quote:
I doubt anyone would sign an open cheque.
As my request for an idea of the shipping cost is getting lost in translation I think I'll just get some of Mikes tubes when the opportunity arises.
I dont think that is what he ment!
rgj is offline Find More Posts by rgj
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:18 PM
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Sep 2013
852 Posts
I gave up after 7 pm's trying to extract a final shipped price for tubing. It was the same way for CF props, and before that the CCW system.

I think the only way to ever get your hands on this stuff is to show up at an event they they are attending and pay cash for what they have on hand.
akfreak is offline Find More Posts by akfreak
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:22 AM
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak View Post
I gave up after 7 pm's trying to extract a final shipped price for tubing. It was the same way for CF props, and before that the CCW system.

I think the only way to ever get your hands on this stuff is to show up at an event they they are attending and pay cash for what they have on hand.
I totally agree the langue barrier is just too great, as I said above I’ll just get a few from Mikes Free Flight Supplies and suffer the slight weight penalty and the extra cost of the tube itself.
I think he does international shipping but I would imagine it’s a bit expensive to the states.
Arcright
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:33 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
901 Posts
Russian post gives prices for parcel post here:
http://www.russianpost.ru/rp/servise...tariffs/parcel

Turns out, it is 565.5 rubles to the USA (~ $16). Funnily it seems to be more expensive to Finland... For this price they could ship a maximum of 1.05 m long tube containing the carbon tubes. Of course you need to add some cost for packaging material etc. I don't think shipping costs would be an issue if you order a reasonable number of tubes and not just one or two.

Please remember that they are not fluent in english if you send emails. Keep the language simple and short and I bet you get an answer. I had no trouble whatsoever when buying the coaxial drive system from Alexey. He is truly a nice guy to deal with.
Finnspeed is online now Find More Posts by Finnspeed