HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2014, 01:33 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,150 Posts
Well i put my Turnbuckle idea threw a true test last weekend(page 7)

I did three flights and then started to pull the wings off to packup when I realized I never put the wing bolts in! The turn buckle was as tight as it was when I put it together Did 2 more flights the next day.. purposely leaving the wing bolts out this time, and no problem
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2014, 07:33 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
574 Posts
I finally finished my HK Spitfire, had a great morning flying her. Final weight is 25lbs with 4 1/2lbs of welded steel bolted to the engine box. I am using the stock wing spar and it is holding great, I just modified the wing bolt plates and made them out of G10. I also just used the two little screws on the stabs, so they are removable.

Flying is a real pleasure with this bird, no nose over tendencies, but then I fly off of pavement. It lands like a butterfly with sore feet! I will post video tomorrow, a friend did the video and pictures. It looks awesome in the air, I must say I am very pleased!

Luke
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus
Old Sep 28, 2014, 05:41 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,150 Posts
Good Stuff Luke. Post that video! What CG did you end up using.

I had a dead stick at the worst possible time and couldnt get the gear up. She ripped both gear out.. but its not to bad. Just need to fix er up. However with winter just around the corner it looks like it will be a winter project.
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:58 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
574 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad luck! That sucks man, great you can fix it though.

I went with the 5.5" back, it seems a touch nose heavy though, not much but I will slowly remove some weight to see how it feels.

Hobby King Giant Spitfire (3 min 52 sec)

Not a great video, but no one flies in our club so it is at least proof I flew the plane! I am extremely pleased with it's performance, very majestic in the air. Lock Tight is my new friend.

Luke
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus