HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2014, 05:42 PM
proud to be orange!
Australia, NSW, Avoca Beach
Joined Jul 2013
1,573 Posts
Nice! Looks like a good pack.
Now I remember what put me off: the shape.
Not very practical for a micro quad, but for planes it will be nice.
It should provide enough grunt to run a single -17 at capacity.
benedikt is online now Find More Posts by benedikt
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:55 AM
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
hi guys! im the proud owner of one of these lovely little p40s . i really want to do some mods like flaps and undercart. how feasible is this? also maybe a small power increase without going mad with the batteries. what are my options? please help.
darealbuckrogers is online now Find More Posts by darealbuckrogers
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:55 AM
Australia
Joined Dec 2004
96 Posts
In The words of Chuck Yeager my P40 caught the farm yesterday.
I love this plane for her looks but she is hard to fly compared to
my other UM planes. Where I fly is a nice park with a road running
along it and you guessed it where do I crash, on the road!

Broke the wing at the root, tail off completely and broke the rudder.

Have started to rebuild her can I ask any other P40 owner to have
a look at which hole the elevator wires go in, removed it without
making a note where it belongs, thank you.
Peter Phillipps is online now Find More Posts by Peter Phillipps
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:21 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps View Post
In The words of Chuck Yeager my P40 caught the farm yesterday.
I love this plane for her looks but she is hard to fly compared to
my other UM planes. Where I fly is a nice park with a road running
along it and you guessed it where do I crash, on the road!

Broke the wing at the root, tail off completely and broke the rudder.

Have started to rebuild her can I ask any other P40 owner to have
a look at which hole the elevator wires go in, removed it without
making a note where it belongs, thank you.
It's the bottom hole on my Warhawk.
I hope to see your Kittyhawk as good as new.

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:49 PM
Australia
Joined Dec 2004
96 Posts
Thanks RocketRobin the last part of the puzzle in place!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 03:31 AM
Australia
Joined Dec 2004
96 Posts
She's back and ready to take on patrols over the south west pacific area,
drilled a hole through the battery tray then ran some 1mm cf rods along
the wing. Glued in place and added some thin tissue over the rods and paint
nice and strong and not too much weight added.

Old Sep 19, 2014, 05:13 AM
Joined Sep 2013
109 Posts
That looks sweet as bro!!
schuey19 is offline Find More Posts by schuey19
Old Sep 20, 2014, 04:43 AM
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
good save there ol chap. its amazing how good foam can go back together eh! thats why i love these models! they dont have enough inertia to break themselves terminally.
hope she still flies as good.
Anyway, after a few weeks of contemplating mods to my warhawk, looking for worthwhile info on flap, retract and extra power mods i got a little disheartened by the lack of any easily accesed info. i know i could fit flaps but would need seperate aileron servos and then use the original aileron servo for the flaps, i dont know how many spare ports there are on the board, or if i can run 2 aileron servos from one port, any advice would be appreciated. the bigger question was fitting retracts, i cant find anything still available that would work. i now know that the p40 had twist units like a jug so il need twisttracts if im gonna do it properly. please help! the power upgrade seems like there are a million choices now days so i figured i would just fly the little lady and see how she fares, well yesterday was lovely and still so i got my bro to give me a hand launch, which she climbed away from with ease. i have to say its much more rewarding to fly than my old, pre as3x su26. it handles the weather so much better! the first flight was bit nose heavy and needed a lot of pitch trim to fly level but still ballooned badly when coming back into the wind so i brought her round for a belly landing in the long grass, I started to slow her on the outward part of the final circuit but she refused to roll when i tried to bring her back toward me and into the wind (definitely nose heavy) so i gave her a little extra power and nursed her round on the rudder, placing her neatly in the grass. after a little battery placement change i re'attatched my gear and started rog tests. she is a little harder to take off than the original parkzone su26, the prop touches the ground quite easily and the rudder control is snappy on the ground but its a cakwalk really. after flying all 5 of my batteries i realised that the model is superb just the way they intended it! it loops from level flight with ease and can perform consecutive rolls without dropping out. my thoughts now are that i would like retracts badly but the rest is not necessary, id still like to know incase i decide to do mods in the future. many thanks! buck
Old Sep 20, 2014, 06:40 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodpv View Post
pops57,

Yeah, they are very smooth and quiet. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying them too! I suspect they transfer power a little more efficiently too. Those teflon pinions don't have much friction loss when I spin my props by hand. Although the motors are very smooth and low friction too.

I tried my Xtreme 200mah 35C cells and they LVC'd in less than 5 seconds. So you're really holding back the motor running 35C cells. You won't believe the way they "wake up" with the MA 220/45's! And if you ROG, they are difficult to get used to with the major P-Factor increase on my V1 Corsair. I have to throttle up to 1/4 throttle for the first second or so then slap it wide open and it jumps into the air. Slam it open full throttle right off and it just spins out in a counterclockwise/left circle instantly.

But my T-28 looks cartoonish the way it absolutely rips in acceleration at take off and pulls hard straight up. I don't have to worry about P-Factor on T-28 due to the tricycle LG.

They are a blast, but I don't run them full throttle all that much. Just bursts in loops and climb outs. It really transforms these UM's in a huge way, having 150% more power is exactly what they needed.

Turbo
Where do you find the 220mA 45C batteries?
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Sep 20, 2014, 09:00 AM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darealbuckrogers View Post
Anyway, after a few weeks of contemplating mods to my warhawk, looking for worthwhile info on flap, retract and extra power mods i got a little disheartened by the lack of any easily accesed info.
The 6 channel Rx PKZU2164 in your Warhawk is similar to the Spectrum AR6410.
Two notable differences are:
- The PKZU 2164 cannot be reprogrammed to throttle signal out for using BL motors.
- The AR6410 does not have AS3X capability.
All other functions are essentially the same.
You can find the manual for the AR6410 here: http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...410-Manual.pdf

Cheers!
Rocket
Old Sep 20, 2014, 09:01 AM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
Where do you find the 220mA 45C batteries?
Tim
http://miniaviation.com/
Old Sep 20, 2014, 03:34 PM
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Thanks Rocket! thats really helpful of you. im very grateful
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
UMX P40 receiver info

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRobin View Post
The 6 channel Rx PKZU2164 in your Warhawk is similar to the Spectrum AR6410.
Two notable differences are:
- The PKZU 2164 cannot be reprogrammed to throttle signal out for using BL motors.
- The AR6410 does not have AS3X capability.
All other functions are essentially the same.
You can find the manual for the AR6410 here: http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...410-Manual.pdf

Cheers!
Rocket
That's really useful info Rocket, thanks I was wondering how the bricks in these micros differed from the ones sold separately - shame about the lack of servo/brushless throttle o/p, I was thinking of brushless-ing one of mine, as much for durability as power.
Chuck Hope is offline Find More Posts by Chuck Hope