HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:20 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Discussion
Slash 4X4 or SC10 RTR

hi guys,

Which one do you think is better out of the box in terms of the following? Thanks..

1) mechanical setup
2) eletronics
3) handling
4) which one has more things to hop-up for stability?
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:34 PM
rc nut in az
goodyear Arizona
Joined Mar 2009
382 Posts
slash is a very limited basher,its fast and durable but its not very tunable!The sc10 is a racer and is much lighter.I have both and I like to say the slash is like driving a F250 and the sc10 is like a sports car!the feel of the sc10 is much more responsive and lands softly where the slash lands like a ton of bricks.Tons of hop ups for both are available.I hope this helps..
Tamiya tony is offline Find More Posts by Tamiya tony
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:55 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
If you're gonna race, go with SC10. If you're just bashing, go with slash.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:19 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
you can build slashes for racing much tougher than stock sc10's
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
thanks for all the info guys..i think i will go for SC10 RTR even though i like the Traxxas as it is cheaper too..I'm talking about the "normal" slash (6808) only and not platinum or whatever series... perhaps will get MERV just for fun..LOL...

i just found out i can get some answers from here too..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1609606

Hey what bout LOSI SC? is LOSI better than AE? LOL
Last edited by leonggyooi; Sep 10, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:31 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
haha well i now own a LOSI and I can say the mini 8kght is built very well however but i can not attest to anything else besides their nitro trucks but supposedly their short course with rpm are pretty durable but i dont know
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
you guys are so lucky to have all brands and stuffs available in your country...in my country, brands are limited, models also limited, parts also limited and need to pre-order..damn sucks..

btw, is SLASH VXL 2wd good and stable?
Last edited by leonggyooi; Sep 11, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i mean its a rwd brushless truck so i would assume stock she handles okay but not nearly as good as it would after tuning
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
i still can't decide which truck to get..i've watched Jang's video..etc...in my country there is no Slash platinum..if i were to get the stock 6808 then i will have to upgrade the parts to match the platinum in order for racing i guess..it is also mentioned that the slash has a higher CG than the SC10..
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
has the Apple lauching started?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:48 PM
oh that guy
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Sep 2012
164 Posts
I have a the sc10 2wd monster energy truck and I have driven and ran it around some friends slash trucks both 2wd and 4wd. I prefer the sc10 in almost all areas racing or bashing except the rear tires from the factory. They kinda suck. Way too soft overall and the inside tire balloons so bad in a fast corner they can turn the truck over even on great surfaces. At lower speed turns or highspeed straight aways they make the truck a hand full. Also mine where only glued on the outside. To remedy this for racing I have a set of proline caliber sc tires on it . Now it is easy to control and a blast to drive.

Bashing wise I find it will do dang near anything my buddie's 4wd slashes will do sometimes better except really rough terrain turning. Their extra drive tires help there.

Racing 2wd class and 4wd class at my LHS the ae trucks seem to be the dominant species usally grabbing most of the top 5 spots even though they are out numbered by slashes.

And durability they are both tough as nails the only things I have destroyed so far is the spur gear and a rear shock tower. The shock tower is from launching it off of a half pipe at a skate park and letting too far of the throttle ending it smashing down on the concrete shiny side down from about 13 or 14 feet in the air. And the spur gear umm we don't talk about the spur gear.

I hope this long rambling post is in some way help to some one. I hit reply intending to just say the "sc10 rocks!". That didnt happen.
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
i still can't decide which truck to get..i've watched Jang's video..etc...in my country there is no Slash platinum..if i were to get the stock 6808 then i will have to upgrade the parts to match the platinum in order for racing i guess..it is also mentioned that the slash has a higher CG than the SC10..
Hey I'm thinking bout selling my sc10.it has like 300 in upgrades... Looking to sell for 350$ plus shipping. If your interested I'll post pics

Upgrades: aluminum arms front and rear.
1/8 conversion wheels.
Aluminum shock towers.
Aluminum/ carbon fiber chassis,
Aluminum front block.
Aluminum hubs.
Aluminum rear shocks with working res.
40 oil weight in shocks.
Cv axles, not dog bones..
Stainless screws.

Has a 5700 mamba max. It's really fast but you can tune it down on the controller. Jumps perfect every time. Has perfect aero dynamics...
I can jump off camber or slightly turned and it straitens in the air. Plenty of torque to adjust in the air of nose down/up.

I have tons of spare parts. Let me know.i have too many trucks and I don't race...
DezertRangerN8 is offline Find More Posts by DezertRangerN8
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Wow..good parts..good hopups.. but im thousands miles away from u..lol
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
I hope this long rambling post is in some way help to some one. I hit reply intending to just say the "sc10 rocks!". That didnt happen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for d info..Sc10 rocks..I'll get this instead of d Slash..losi is not available in my country..hmmm..
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
62 Posts
I don't mind Int shipping...
DezertRangerN8 is offline Find More Posts by DezertRangerN8