HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 11:12 AM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,602 Posts
Alert
Skylark FPV customer service questionable

I recently purchased a Trace II OSD from Skylark. It arrived in fine condition and appears to work although there are display issues (changing altitude, speed, current draw, voltage, etc.) that were supposedly cured by a new design Current Sensor. I learned this from the ongoing forum in which they earlier corrected this problem and told people with the "old" sensor they would replace it with the new design.

I ordered this OSD after the new CS was being supplied but received the "old" design. I contacted Skylark via email three times requesting the new part and mentioned it three times on the forum (which they monitor) with no response.

The product, in general, is fine for the price, but I planned to use it for low level flying and having the parameters it's designed for jumping all over makes it basically useless to me and a waste of $$.

If there are issues preventing replacement I can understand that but a complete failure of communication from their direction taxes my patience.

Just a "heads up",

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Is there any quality issues about your current sensor ?
And have all the functions been working ?
skylarkfpv is offline Find More Posts by skylarkfpv
Old May 03, 2012, 11:35 AM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarkfpv View Post
Is there any quality issues about your current sensor ?
And have all the functions been working ?
1) I can see no quality issues other than the fact that I have received the "old" current sensor that apparently has issues with noise that adversly affects the OSD.

2) The functions appear to work, but values change considerably, the RTH
Arrow shifts direction when no turns are made, battery current will show various multiples of the true current and sometimes drops out completely.

I have gone through the calibration with no problems and in a static mode the readings are correct. My hookup is essentially noise-free and grounds are applied in a "star" configuration with no paths for ground loops.

Attached are two snips from the FPV forum threads that discuss these problems in detail showing the "new" Current Sensor and what should've come with my order (purchased directly from SkyLark) and a picture of the one I received with my order. I'm only asking for what you show and discussed in the forums. I plan on purchasing more equipment from you but if this issue can't be resolved I will certainly deal with other companies.

Regards,

-bob
Old May 06, 2012, 07:19 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,602 Posts
Really, these guys suck

Well, after several emails, photos, posts on two different forums and no response I can assume I've received my answer from these people.

This has taught me two lessons.... 1) always concern yourself with quality and customer service purchasing directly from the Chinese, and 2) refer to #1.

Since the last post the complete system has taken a dump and is now completely useless (no video, no nothing). This was yet another costly lesson dealing with these and I know that the end result from them would be (should they ever respond) "Send it back to us for checkout". Yeah, right?

Throwing good money after bad is something I choose not to do these days. I'll just move on to another American system (Eagle Tree) like I have in my wing. Costs more, but definately worth it. They even provide a comprehensive manual, something SkyLark can't even comprehend.

-bob
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:57 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
I'm not too happy either... I've had my AAT months and haven't had a chance to use it. I have a Tiny OSD installed and working perfectly on my FPV rig, but cannot get the AAT converter to work at all even though video transmission is perfect and audio is wired correctly.

I ordered an All in 1 1.2ghz unit to test and was planning to order a few more after testing it. They said they were out of stock even though the website said in stock. I replied that I would like to backorder. Instead they refunded my money, even though I'd be happy to wait...

Majorly bummed.

Looks like I'll have to try to wire up my Trace OSD on the bench first.

Shame I was looking forward to an easy solution that I could buy for different FPV platforms. The website still lists the item in stock and FPV will not respond to my emails in regards to backordering the items.

Skylark FPV why not let me backorder this item? When do you expect them back in stock?

I have sent 2 emails and gotten no response

daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenuke View Post
Well, after several emails, photos, posts on two different forums and no response I can assume I've received my answer from these people.
-bob
The bob's problem had be resolved before six months ago.
We sent a new current sensor to him

Skylark FPV Service Center
http://www.skylarkfpv.com
Last edited by skylarkfpv; Dec 14, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Apr 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
I ordered an All in 1 1.2ghz unit to test and was planning to order a few more after testing it. They said they were out of stock even though the website said in stock.
Sorry for the refund because All-in-1 OSD(1.2G) was out of stock
We explained it for you in FPVLAB forum
Now the All-in-1 OSD(1.2G) is in stock.
If you will still want to buy it, we can give you some discount

Skylark FPV Service Center
http://www.skylarkfpv.com
Last edited by skylarkfpv; Dec 14, 2012 at 04:59 PM.