SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Features of the radio?

Something I would like is a built-in capacity to do wireless student instruction. It would be nice to be able to do this without needing to connect a RX to the trainer port.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Feb 2009
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb View Post
Features of the radio?

Something I would like is a built-in capacity to do wireless student instruction. It would be nice to be able to do this without needing to connect a RX to the trainer port.
That feature is already in it. It was discussed earlier in thread. It might take a bit of hunting to find it as the is a bit lengthy.

Ken
greyflight390 is offline Find More Posts by greyflight390
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:41 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb View Post
Features of the radio?

yep yep,Jim says its like ravioli,its in there.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
141 Posts
Another important feature is to have antennas at the end of long cables, allowing one antenna to be installed on top of the fin and another at the front of the plane. The more antennas the better.
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is online now Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN View Post
Another important feature is to have antennas at the end of long cables, allowing one antenna to be installed on top of the fin and another at the front of the plane. The more antennas the better.
Not really....

They are "tuned" by their specific length and that cannot be altered......
JuanRodriguez is online now Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
sounds like the new receiver system will be basically this... the antenna/receiving portion is separate to the servo output portion, so you can put the antenna wherever is best on the model, and connect it to the servo output portion with a single servo extension. perfect.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:10 PM
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
141 Posts
The optimum would be 3 antennas at 90 degrees to each other all installed near the fin or the tail of the plane, with enough length of cable between them to give enough freedom of installation.
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is online now Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:46 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
The optimum would be 3 antennas at 90 degrees to each other all installed near the fin or the tail of the plane, with enough length of cable between them to give enough freedom of installation.
one in a good location is enough, and the new stuff will have antenna diversity on a satellite/RF-unit itself... but I am trying to convince Jim that he should allow people to buy more satellites as a means of income generation...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:28 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
one in a good location is enough, and the new stuff will have antenna diversity on a satellite/RF-unit itself... but I am trying to convince Jim that he should allow people to buy more satellites as a means of income generation...
Hehhe
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,855 Posts
I think the best way to go is to have 20 different receivers and wires twisting through the aircraft. The heck with those clean Nano installations like theKM has!
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:15 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
221 Posts
I wonder why people who have always done it the other way think that that is the way it has to be done in order for it to be right, instead of doing it like the suggested way the mfg who designed and built it say to do it. Some people can really make easy hard. Oh...income is good.
tholmes345 is online now Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:57 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I think the best way to go is to have 20 different receivers and wires twisting through the aircraft. The heck with those clean Nano installations like theKM has!
and manta..dont forget manta!! Nothing says cool like a matchbook sized RX in a 50cc or bigger plane with more range than the eye can see.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,855 Posts
Oh that's right! Have you posted any pics of your installations? I think I will make another thread where customer can post installation pictures.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:46 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Oh that's right! Have you posted any pics of your installations? I think I will make another thread where customer can post installation pictures.
link us up to the thread you make ill get some photos. My installations are more functional than pretty. KM is the artist. I just fly.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,855 Posts
Installation link here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1791051
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread