Old Sep 08, 2014, 05:10 AM
United Kingdom, Bishop's Cleeve
Joined Feb 2013
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMARK View Post
the BBMF Hurricane painted the same as the eflite

has finally flown this weekend

Not impressed with the scale details on that one!

Where's the weathering, the IFF wires, the radio wire from the mast to the fin, the gunsight post on the upper cowl, the Rotol spinner, and the pilot's leather helmet?

Grrrrr!
Stephen73 is offline Find More Posts by Stephen73
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2014, 08:43 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen73 View Post
Not impressed with the scale details on that one!

Where's the weathering, the IFF wires, the radio wire from the mast to the fin, the gunsight post on the upper cowl, the Rotol spinner, and the pilot's leather helmet?

Grrrrr!
Ah there's our Stephen

how you doing m8?
TLMARK is online now Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Sep 08, 2014, 11:48 AM
United Kingdom, Bishop's Cleeve
Joined Feb 2013
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMARK View Post
Ah there's our Stephen

how you doing m8?
Excellent mate, thanks.

Moving house in a few weeks into a place with a garage and a study that will be my personal manspace - all build activity on hold until then.

Then the H9 P47 and Spitfire will progress beyond the basic assembly stage into the full-build and detailing stage.

Looking forward to playing with sound systems and 18 channels' worth of options
Stephen73 is offline Find More Posts by Stephen73
Old Sep 08, 2014, 01:10 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,290 Posts
Agree, I check the gear every few flights because it seems that if it gets a bit bent backwards landings are three points on the nose. I pull mine forward as far as the wheels allow when retracted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Cripes, what is it with this Hawker? It's pure poetry in the air but landings can be a such a frustrating mystery sometimes and then again other times, it's almost as docile as a J-3 Cub.

("Fly it!".... ....that's what my instructor used to say, "just fly it.")

Right then,
ce
I should correct that by saying I check it for my son since I don't actually fly her anymore I'm pretty much his crew chief
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
Old Sep 08, 2014, 01:48 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,888 Posts
I usually find I have to check the gear legs are fwd most every nose over ,.... which can be often .
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Sep 08, 2014, 01:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
I usually find I have to check the gear legs are fwd most every nose over ,.... which can be often .
I'll add another to the list ...make sure the grub screw that retains the strut in the retract is also nice and tight (I use blue locktite) I've had some bumpy landings that have over time shaken the screw loose, on my next landing the strut rotated and nosed her over.
GREEN_MACHINE is offline Find More Posts by GREEN_MACHINE
Old Sep 08, 2014, 02:48 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,290 Posts
The Hurricane Landing walk of shame is one reason I just never liked this plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2014, 05:50 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,888 Posts
There's no way I'm giving up on this plane. It fly's too well, looks too good and has tremendous performance. It is frustrating since I take so much pride in my landings. On the other hand it challenges my landing skills that I have to overcome.

Cheers mates!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Sep 08, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:24 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,261 Posts
Quote:
There's no way I'm giving up on this plane. It fly's too well, looks too good and has tremendous performance. It is frustrating since I take so much pride in my landings. On the other hand it challenges my landing skills that I have to overcome.
Cheers mates!
Keep pluggin'. You're way ahead of me since I haven't been flying anything lately.

Heard there was over an inch of rain up there on Saturday. It went by us to the west and north. Did you get any of it?

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Sep 08, 2014, 07:55 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,290 Posts
Quote:

Cheers mates!
Good luck and I understand taking pride in good landing skills. Also your detailing in your blog looks just awesome!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2014, 08:22 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38 View Post
Keep pluggin'. You're way ahead of me since I haven't been flying anything lately.

Heard there was over an inch of rain up there on Saturday. It went by us to the west and north. Did you get any of it?

CR
Charley -
I've been hoping we could get together sometime. We had some real good rain about 2-3" I think.

jr-
Good luck and I understand taking pride in good landing skills. Also your detailing in your blog looks just awesome!

I gotta say landing this Hurricane is what I remember playing golf was like. Only I like airplanes much better. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm glad you like it.

Dick
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Sep 08, 2014 at 08:28 PM.