SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:57 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
The maiden of my A-6 went great! After trimming, it was easy to fly and much more stable than I thought it was going to be. I set the timer for 3 minutes, but I could probably fly longer. I had trouble judging how fast the landing speed should be. I didn't want to stall so it came in a little fast and it flipped over in the soft grass with no damage at all.
This is one of the only posts about the A6. So were you flying 4S? I have flown all of them except the F9F and the A6. Was the speed decent?? How about handling details?
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:12 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
I was just wondering cause I'm looking for the best set up or upgrade for my t45 and it's between his and the changesun. I would like to get the max amount of speed I can. I only wish dons had the same sound as the 10 blade.
If you are looking for speed then go with don's...it is a proven set up and some of the fastest 50mm's have had his combos. I don't think that anyone has even tried the 10blade 50mm's yet. Stick with the proven set up. Don's all the way...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I know about them ... HobbyB ships internationally I know as I asked them to add Latvia to their shipping list. Trouble is - HK from China still works out cheaper overall.

As to Red Arrows T45 ... the T45 is actually not same as the original Hawk it derives from ... the nose is different for a start.

Nigel
After a quick-search it looks like you'd have to move up to 90mm for an authentic Hawk, and they're exspensive.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Ok anyone know if the 6000kv micro wemotec fan can handle 4s?
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:53 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,143 Posts
Quote:
it's been done.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:54 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,445 Posts
Quote:
Yes it can. It takes balancing of the rotor and hard attachment of the shaft adapter. Don doesn't advertise the motor for 4s use but a few members including myself have done it.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:54 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Yes it can. I posted a video of it a while back...but here it is again... You must get it dynamically balanced to be reliable though... and have packs able to handle the amps!!

Skyangel Screamer 50mm with Don's Wicked Wemo (2 min 35 sec)
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Yea I remember that video. And you guys are talking about having him dynamically balance the unit? And also what battery are you guys using?
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:17 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,143 Posts
well guys the weeds are finally high enough at my new site to act as arresters for harmless landings here in ca., so i have been able to get a bunch of flights in on my amx. it was new right at the time we lost our paved strip and and only got to fly it twice last year . man this thing is by far the best stock edf i have ever owned, and i have had more than i would like to admit, at least to my wife

i spent a bunch of time getting the fan right , clearenced , balanced, ect and the 5 blade on 4x 1000's just whistles . the stock thrust tube size is spot on on this one and the vert is limitless.

very impressed to say the least, so simple , no modes other than just using clear packing tape , carefully applied , to eliminate the ailerons. the tape stops the movement and seals the gaps, all in one shot. using elevons only works so good i just cant see why u would ever go linked on this one. i used some small diam c/f tubes over the elevator pushrods just to be sure.

half throttle launches are a breeze, 30 deg up and it tracts out straight . the thing is just a little missile , highly recommended.

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:29 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
This is one of the only posts about the A6. So were you flying 4S? I have flown all of them except the F9F and the A6. Was the speed decent?? How about handling details?
Is the A6 not a popular model? I haven't seen any other posts about the A6 and it's not even listed in the brochure that comes in the box.

I'm using a 3s nanotech and a completely stock setup. The speed was pretty good, but don't expect it to fly like a rocket. I might use the rc speed reader app next time so we know exactly how fast it flies. As for handling, the A6 tracks better than the F/A-18 that I used to have. The separate ailerons and elevator causes it to not drag the back of plane around during turns.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:51 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot View Post
After a quick-search it looks like you'd have to move up to 90mm for an authentic Hawk, and they're exspensive.
Exactly .... shame !

The paint and cosmetics of the average model is crap as well - flakes of even during handling out of box .. so a Red Arrows scheme T45 ... still end up painting it.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:58 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Yes it can. I posted a video of it a while back...but here it is again... You must get it dynamically balanced to be reliable though... and have packs able to handle the amps!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWuspG4RnI
Just dopplered that and it ranges round the 180kph mark with one run at 204kph .. but the angle that pass makes is iffy for speed calc ...

For a 50mm - that is FAASSSSSST ! Makes the other 50mm's look pedestrian.

Nigel
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:27 PM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
788 Posts
I had a closer look at my T45 and found that the missing red wire was not plugged in to the red wire on the ESC, so with a bit of playing around I managed to connect the two red halves together into their proper bullet connections.

Now the hawk is ready for maiden!
Regards Nath.
Groovechampion is online now Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:44 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovechampion View Post
I had a closer look at my T45 and found that the missing red wire was not plugged in to the red wire on the ESC, so with a bit of playing around I managed to connect the two red halves together into their proper bullet connections.

Now the hawk is ready for maiden!
Regards Nath.
Just make sure motor is running correct rotation ... ie blowing air out the back !! If not - swap over any two wires of the three.

Once sorted - I suggest you put tape round the hatch joint of the EDF bay - to seal the joint. You'd be surprised how much that area flexes in flight and tape will stop air leaks.

Nigel
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:51 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,411 Posts
I hope to be home next days .. so will try remember to put together 'Nigels Cheapo' 50mm mods for ballistic flight ! along with servo to rear move and other bits and bobs.

As said - I'm a budget conscious person and have spent many hours trials on various gear in my T45's ... arriving at my present set-up. It is far from ideal .. but it performs.

I will actually partly disassemble my T45 (#2) for this and use the rough #1 for general shots.

I hope it will help others on a budget and save them a lot of work ...

If I forget - someone PROD ME !!

Nigel