SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 16, 2015, 02:25 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,911 Posts
They will balance.
That's the reason why one should roughly match voltage before connecting.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by blinduvula
Joined Apr 2015
4 Posts
Any chance I could get a little more info on this parallel charging thing you are speaking about?

I read through the TJinTech link you posted above about lipos, which just brought up a whole slew of more questions. I have one of the 4 to 1 chargers coming. I guess I was under the impression that if I bought extra batts I could use the 4 to 1 charger to charge all of the "aftermarket" batteries at the same time and I would need to use the OEM charger with the OEM battery.

So, what does the parallel charger do? Is parallel charging and balance charging the same? Do I need a parallel charging cable in addition to the 4 to 1 charger? Sorry for my lack of knowledge and thanks again!
blinduvula is offline Find More Posts by blinduvula
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,911 Posts
Hard not to draw too much into OT now.

You are OK to use the 4ch charger with ALL 1s batts you have - even the OEM one.

For charging questions and differences between parallel and serial charge you probably have missed some articles at TjinTech.
http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-...allel-charging
http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-...erial-charging
All info there in a nutshell.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany