Latest SS build for the Astro 020 w/planetary
I am still trying to come up with a bullet proof SS to take the stress of the 40+oz of thrust the Astro puts out! This is the final result of this version. Wing is reinforced with 1" and 1/2" carbon tape Epoxied to underside of wing. I cut the web out and replaced it after the tape was installed and filled the center with scrap balsa and epoxy after the tape was applied so the tape is surrounded with epoxy in the center where the wings join! I also used brass dihedral tubes and then bent 6" pieces of heavy music wire and CAed and wrapped it to the tube. Plus the usual glued rods and tape wrap! The wing is very stiff and I will try maidening it tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I also reinforced the elevator with the 1/2" carbon ribbon! Anyone's input or ideas or opinions on what has been done is welcome! The AUW is 34.2oz which is almost the same as the last one! Here's some pics.... First is underside of wing. I had the rear 1/2" tape glued down before I noticed it was a little crooked!
Oh well not the first screw up but it doesn't seem to affect the wing anyway!