Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 15, 2014, 05:44 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
hey van.....the saltydog logo top plates were a one off for our team....if you really want the top plate with the logo, i have one ican send to you....just pm me ....
Thanks for the kind offer. No worries though. I'm sure you don't need a 'crotchety old mutt' on your team!!!!

On a side note, I've been using a 600mW, 5.8GHz Immersion video system, with CP antennas, on my small frames. The antenna size is nice and small. The video quality and static/break up is not all that great though. Just flying around the local park causes issues. I'm hoping antenna placement will cure that once I get my antenna extensions in (from China). I may end up using one of my 1280MHz systems in the future if needed to improve the video quality...though the damage potential does go up with the bigger antenna.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Jun 15, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:57 AM
Pico Rivera, CA
Joined Apr 2004
284 Posts
HQ 5X4 props

Testing the HQ5x4 props. The quad feels more locked in, flies smoother & has more punch out. Flight times are about the same with Gemfans 5X3.

DRQ250 - HQ 5X4 Props (6 min 16 sec)
teebok is offline Find More Posts by teebok
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:21 AM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
723 Posts
The HQ 5x4 props are great, but they break so easily.
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:11 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,651 Posts
So ...them 5X4 are nice ?
I better try some . Just decide against HQ and went back to gemprop but now i gotta have to try them 5X4 .
contact303 is offline Find More Posts by contact303
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:25 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
just ordered my frame. and the only motors i can really get hold of are the RCX 1804 2400KV so can anyone tell me what props would be a good match for them. also still not decided on ESC's and flight board yet. lol
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:26 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Thanks for the kind offer. No worries though. I'm sure you don't need a 'crotchety old mutt' on your team!!!!

On a side note, I've been using a 600mW, 5.8GHz Immersion video system, with CP antennas, on my small frames. The antenna size is nice and small. The video quality and static/break up is not all that great though. Just flying around the local park causes issues. I'm hoping antenna placement will cure that once I get my antenna extensions in (from China). I may end up using one of my 1280MHz systems in the future if needed to improve the video quality...though the damage potential does go up with the bigger antenna.
Same issues here ....
When i watch this last vid here , I have no idea how he can fly out that far from the table before turning .....Would never work for me on 5.8.

i get 100 meters between a few trees thats it ..better turn back
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:28 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneye007 View Post
just ordered my frame. and the only motors i can really get hold of are the RCX 1804 2400KV so can anyone tell me what props would be a good match for them. also still not decided on ESC's and flight board yet. lol
Get a Naze all else is pap ...Cause u can listen to others and buy an oldtimer like a kk ..
Motor i d look for some Cobras ...a much better motor then the RCX IMHO .
ESC ? any really just flash it with SimonK and all good
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:41 AM
Joined Jan 2014
67 Posts
Hı all;

After 1.5 months my package from witespy(paul boxter)has just arrived...and ı shocked...ı thought that he was making joke..ı ordered 8 blue series 12 a escs and 15 pieces of hq cf 5x3..as you can see at the photo he send me only 1 pair prop..think twice before ordering from witespy!!!Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402908104.347589.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 302.9 KB
Description:
evrenesbe is offline Find More Posts by evrenesbe
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:51 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenesbe View Post
Hı all;

After 1.5 months my package from witespy(paul boxter)has just arrived...and ı shocked...ı thought that he was making joke..ı ordered 8 blue series 12 a escs and 15 pieces of hq cf 5x3..as you can see at the photo he send me only 1 pair prop..think twice before ordering from witespy!!!Attachment 6854937
i see you had a smoke and a drink to calm you down after seeing what was in the package. lol
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:59 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Hı all;

After 1.5 months my package from witespy(paul boxter)has just arrived...and ı shocked...ı thought that he was making joke..ı ordered 8 blue series 12 a escs and 15 pieces of hq cf 5x3..as you can see at the photo he send me only 1 pair prop..think twice before ordering from witespy!!!Attachment 6854937

nice cup O tea first
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:53 AM
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
Quote:
Hı all;

At least you got your package. I ordered 8 motors that never showed up. Lost $180, now I tell anyone who is smart, NEVER BUY FROM PAUL BAXTER, unless your a fool who is easily parted with his money.

Sorry to hear you got screwed over too. It's such a common theme with him, yet people keep on buying from him.

Do everyone a favour, buy from other vendors, they want your business and I'm sure are great with their service.
seafurymike is offline Find More Posts by seafurymike
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:32 AM
Joined Jan 2014
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafurymike View Post
At least you got your package. I ordered 8 motors that never showed up. Lost $180, now I tell anyone who is smart, NEVER BUY FROM PAUL BAXTER, unless your a fool who is easily parted with his money.

Sorry to hear you got screwed over too. It's such a common theme with him, yet people keep on buying from him.

Do everyone a favour, buy from other vendors, they want your business and I'm sure are great with their service.

This was my second order from him..first one motor(ss2300) they came without any problem.and the last one like this everyone has to know that he is a fraud!!! That was my last order and ı got a slap in my mouth!!thx michael..greetings..
evrenesbe is offline Find More Posts by evrenesbe
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:17 AM
Joined Jan 2014
48 Posts
Don't buy from Paul baxter

I do really wish there was a way to warn the people that enjoy quads about this guy. He is a shat bird for ripping people off the way he has done you seafurymike. We should start a blog about this guy in this forum where people can share there thoughts about bad vendors as a service to future customers and people wanting to enter this hobby. Paul Baxter needs to be red flagged at every turn. Might I suggest using Wade at future hobbies, he is honest as the day is long and his builds are rock solid.
Stay well
Texan
texanplowboy is offline Find More Posts by texanplowboy
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:55 PM
low hours
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
More pieces for mine!

Ghostwhite is offline Find More Posts by Ghostwhite
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:14 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,338 Posts
Whitespy

I wonder what happened with Witespy??? Ive ordered several things from him in the past without incident...granted i have not ordered anything from him lately though...

Not defending him at all, just curious as he used to be pretty reputable....obvously thats not the case so much anymore....ANYWAYS....this is not really the place to be discussing him as this is the DRQ 250 thread...

In OTHER news, my acro naze will be waiting in the mail for me when i get home today. I will be doing a full teardown of the Mini D and cleaning her up. I have the 6" arms to install with the HQ6x4.5 props to try....gonna need a full re-tune...yay....man i hate tuning...haha....so is the life of a quad pilot....always building, fixing, re-building, tuning, crashing, tuning...........haha....
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE