Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:49 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,943 Posts
Hey, I'm following along with interest! I am sure there are lots of people out there watching - I usually don't get much comments on build threads but I know that it is probally helping someone else out there. I have gotten so much building information/tips/tricks etc. from threads here so without places like RCG I probally wouldn't even be near where I am in this hobby.

Continue!

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:05 PM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
479 Posts
I think so too. I read more then post and have very few threads of my own. I've got some help from those who speak up but mostly through searching myself. I'm thinking of another cub but it has to run on 3s.
olds455 is offline Find More Posts by olds455
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,150 Posts
Thanks guys. Sometimes it gets a little discouraging when you spend a lot of time building and taking photos and you hardly get responses.

What did you guys think of the battery compartment?

And again, thanks for the comments.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Hi SkylineFlyer,
that's a great build - please continue with it. I'm considering the same plane: GP Cub 40 clipped wing, electrified.
How's the empty weight of your build?
Cheers,
Wolf
WolfT is offline Find More Posts by WolfT
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Thanks guys. Sometimes it gets a little discouraging when you spend a lot of time building and taking photos and you hardly get responses.

And again, thanks for the comments.
I know what you mean for sure! I have a 'build' in 'scale sailplanes' and feel like I'm talking to myself. Sometimes I wonder why I bother... but it is fun and kinda prods you to get the project completed!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:41 AM
USA, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2005
479 Posts
I think the batteries are in the right spot. I would not finalize it till the rest is finished and mocked up, Pushrods, servos, rx ect. All the cubs ive built were always on the tail heavy side and every thing had to be moved forward with the rx and rx battery under the fuel tank. The nose is so short on cubs. My current eagle 2 is slightly tail heavy with all my planning thought it still needs a cowling.
olds455 is offline Find More Posts by olds455
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:38 PM
Jerez Frontera (Spain)
Joined Nov 2004
416 Posts

Hi, I build mine in 1996 (Much modified with jury struts, scale landing gear and tail-wheel, ....). Still going strong. The battery compartiment is Ok. Probably you will need weight at front for balancing.

The real problem, for me, is transporting a one piece wing with struts attached (Not folding).

Great built. Nice plane. Will be yours "Cub Yellow"?, mine is with Spanish registration.

Cheers.
JoseLG is offline Find More Posts by JoseLG
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfT View Post
Hi SkylineFlyer,
that's a great build - please continue with it. I'm considering the same plane: GP Cub 40 clipped wing, electrified.
How's the empty weight of your build?
Cheers,
Wolf
Of the entire plane? With or without covering? I'm just in the skeleton phase right now. I already have the servos mounted in the wings and fuse and already have the motor mounted. I won't be removing any of the servo's so I won't be able to accurately give you a dry weight.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLG View Post

Hi, I build mine in 1996 (Much modified with jury struts, scale landing gear and tail-wheel, ....). Still going strong. The battery compartiment is Ok. Probably you will need weight at front for balancing.

The real problem, for me, is transporting a one piece wing with struts attached (Not folding).

Great built. Nice plane. Will be yours "Cub Yellow"?, mine is with Spanish registration.

Cheers.
Jose, yes, mine will be the traditional "Cub Yellow". I'll be doing mine in fabric. Its a first time for me. Yeah, I noticed this doesn't have the jury struts either. How did you do yours?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:41 AM
Jerez Frontera (Spain)
Joined Nov 2004
416 Posts
Hi.

I made the jury struts with profiled (KS) aluminium tubes for the verticals and round for the horizontal with bolts/nuts. Really I copied the full size, a bracked around the strut and the vertical/horizontal attached with bolt and nut. In the top I mada and "L" shaped bracked for the top of the verticals. So This is a fixed situation, not a folding situation for transport.

If I can, today, I`ll made a pic and post it later.

Cheers.
JLG
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:34 AM
Jerez Frontera (Spain)
Joined Nov 2004
416 Posts
And some old pics of the lady.

I have two others, pending of building a 1/5 and 1/6 SIG kits.

Cheers.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:49 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,150 Posts
I got a weight for all of you. This is with all servos, esc, motor, prop, wheels. This does not include batteries or covering. The weight is exactly 5.5lbs. Here is how it looks so far.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLG View Post
And some old pics of the lady.

I have two others, pending of building a 1/5 and 1/6 SIG kits.

Cheers.
Awesome job. I'm confused though. You mentioned E-Flites Supercub. Is that what you used for the jury struts? Also, how did you get the window in the top of the wing?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
This is gonna be one nice flyer. Thanks for the info on the weight!
WolfT is offline Find More Posts by WolfT