Old May 20, 2011, 11:45 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
wow. what a wanker
Now, to keep this in context, during the conversation, he didn't let on he was offended. I left it thinking he was a great guy, who I had a bit in common with. I had joked with him, as I would my friends at the field. Unfortunately, maybe due to the nuances of internet conversations versus face to face comments, it was taken the wrong way.

Had it been mentioned at the time that the intended ribbing was not welcome, I wouldn't have continued.

I apologized to mr seadog, for this misunderstanding, and thought it would be left at that.

I will be more careful with how I joke with people in the future due to this.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Last edited by Flying-Monkey; May 20, 2011 at 12:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
Van,

I built a T-Copter from Tim's (troynh) design on his thread. There's dimensions and diagrams and a lot of info. A T variation is great if you are looking to do some GoPro video with it. Judging from your posts on many threads that I read, you seem to be into taking video and FPV. If you want a great camera platform, the T-Copter places the camera far enough forward to keep the props out of the video. Anyway, here is a link to Tim's thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314483

My T-Copter is a very stable flier. Here's my last recorded flight with the T-Copter from Tim's design. SHortly after this flight, one of my ESCs developed a problem. I just got the replacement ESCs due to them being on backorder. I should be back in the air this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11FIOZtWJA

I can't wait to get the Quadrino going in the Quad I'm designing.

Doug
Thanks for the T-copter information. I'll take a look into that thread.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2011, 02:14 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,154 Posts
I have a shiny new Quadrino ADV in my hands!!!!

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Old May 20, 2011, 03:13 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Calibration

Are you guys doing a calibration procedure for sensors at the start of each flight?

I never once calibrated my WMP only warthox board by moving the sticks as shown in some directions. It was my impression Alex does it in the code startup so its important to boot the code on a level surface.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old May 20, 2011, 08:50 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Quadrino Board Question

I have a Witespy quad and love it. I thought I would build one myself to better learn how they work. Figured if I can build one from scratch....I can upgrade the board on my Witespy quad. Anyway, built one and like it but I was hoping for some help on a few questions.

1. Look at my screen shot of my GUI. I had to lower PID this much to get it to feel like my Witespy Quad with 3.2 settings. Very little wobble now at a good forward speed. Is this normal to have this low of a PID? Is this OK?

2. My yaw rate is very slow. My Witespy quad turns about it's yaw axis (rudder) much faster with less stick input. Can this be adjusted somehow? It works, it just takes a bunch of rudder to move it and it moves slow to my liking.

3. A little wobble in a hover in Stable mode. Not bad but want a touch better. You think keep turning the rate down would help?

Short clip of quad flying below.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7lCm...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOkx3dBDhiw
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old May 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Quadrino 550 FPV

Ready for testing tomorrow.

Still lots of little things to do. My custom CL & SPW antennas are not here yet.
Without the following I'm at 1,012 grams:
- FC cover
- Lipos
- Simple OSD
Old May 21, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I did a few test flights so far this morning, overall promising, but the default PID settings are not going to work. I'm getting a wobble on cyclic and LEVEL mode is not even close. So far I have come down from 4.0 to 3.8 on ROLL and PITCH P. I did stick calibrations before the second flight with the 3.8 settings. It flys ok, just get an oscillation on transitions in and out of forward flight. LEVEL has a pretty good wobble and drift. I am not well versed in PID tuning, as my first quad worked very well on default PID's. I guess I will learn now!
Old May 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
I feel your pain. I made 10 adjustments over 2 battery packs. I filmed each flight from the ground to look over and see what PID did what. My low PID seemed to be the only way to keep wobble down. I like the soft feel when I fly. Better I think for taking video too from the quad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I did a few test flights so far this morning, overall promising, but the default PID settings are not going to work. I'm getting a wobble on cyclic and LEVEL mode is not even close. So far I have come down from 4.0 to 3.8 on ROLL and PITCH P. I did stick calibrations before the second flight with the 3.8 settings. It flys ok, just get an oscillation on transitions in and out of forward flight. LEVEL has a pretty good wobble and drift. I am not well versed in PID tuning, as my first quad worked very well on default PID's. I guess I will learn now!
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old May 21, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Did you change I and D at the same time?
Old May 22, 2011, 10:44 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,209 Posts
Some video of my quadrino in open field flying.
Quadrino/witespy quad open field flying! (2 min 57 sec)
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old May 22, 2011, 01:50 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,324 Posts
I haven't mounted mine yet to the VIC20 frame, but where are you guys buying your standoffs and servo wires?
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old May 22, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
You can make your own servo wires. I use one of those kits you buy with a crimper tool and lots of extra male pins. I just use a male pin on each side and cover it with shrink wrap. Only one connection from the rx to the board needs to be a regular male 3 pin servo lead.
For standoffs I ordered some vibration isolation ones along with some of the black hex plastic nuts, screws and standoffs at quadcopter.us
Old May 22, 2011, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
What are you guys using for the PI settings on LEVEL? Has anyone got it dialed in stable yet?
Old May 22, 2011, 06:35 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,209 Posts
I have mine at 3.5 and level is 9.1 and she is flying fine.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old May 22, 2011, 06:51 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
yeap...... next shipment going out monday

If you paid for an advanced board your will be shipping ..

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy