HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
So if you break a pin you don't have to buy a whole new shaft etc.?...that's genius...tt could learn a few things from Chris/venom ..lol
you miss understood what i was saying lol, you can buy the shaft and the pin right now, but i called and they said the sprocket needed to run with the new pinned shaft would not be available till mid July, so right now you can get the shaft and the pin but not the sprocket
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:14 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Picture of back wheel or it didnt happen!
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Okay, here is a pic with 1:15 of run time on it. About 20 minutes of it was with the rear wheel cocked to one side due to the stock axle adjusters slipping on one side. Shown in the pic is Alleven RC's new axle adjusters (run for 15 minutes today), but before anodizing. They should be available in just a couple of weeks.
I'm glad someone else finally made real chain/axle adjusters. I was almost to the point of having a friend make some one-offs for me. I hope they will sell either non-anodized or hard anodized.

F
12strangers is offline Find More Posts by 12strangers
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
iMAX B6 charger 12.49 Takes a couple of weeks but it's cheap, charges everything and it works! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMax-B6-Di...item5d33a0b2b5

Lipo sack. 2.79 Same as before regards delivery. DO NOT CHARGE LIPOS WITHOUT USING ONE! I CAN'T STRESS THAT ONE ENOUGH. Lots of stories of people having their house burnt down due to not using one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-LiPo-Ba...item336976e9fb

You can also browse here for more info regarding chargers, etc... http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/
When did all this hysteria begin about charging lithium polymer batteries?

If you put them in a "bag" it just helps them overheat and then you have problems.

Anyone who is having any problems needs to look at the quality of battery and charger. You get what you pay for, and don't try to charge the batteries to fast.

F
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
how much are the adjusters?
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:52 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Would this work with the venom chain tensioners?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:31 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
12strangers, perhaps you could enquire in this thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719116

Up to you what you do, but in the UK at BRCA events or clubs, it's mandatory.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
It's ridiculous.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
12strangers, perhaps you could enquire in this thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719116

Up to you what you do, but in the UK at BRCA events or clubs, it's mandatory.
Number one rule in my book when charging a lipo, never ever for any reason leave it more the. A hop skip and a jump from your sight,it takes 2 second to hit stop to end the charging and dissconect the battery if you have to leave the house. Not to mention its free to do so, its not free to come home and find your house burned down.

Number two in my book is to use a fire bag or amp Box, but if you use a metal box, make sure nothing is touching the metal that will cause a short and again cause a fire.

I hope no one ever has to experience this, I have never experienced a lipo battery fire, but I did experamce my house burning down in 06 and fires are a terrible experamce so please be careful, take serous precautions when dealing with lipos and most of all dont let lipos scare you away from the sport.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
Would this work with the venom chain tensioners?
Not really. The Venom ones are tapped 2.5mm and go all the way through to the pin. The Alleven ones are tapped 3mm and stop before the pin to mount the adjuster screw solidly. Plus, why would you want to use the Venom ones when the Alleven kit comes with everything you need?
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:25 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
how much are the adjusters?
The Alleven adjusters are made from 6061 alloy and will be available in gold or red anodizing. Price isn't set in stone yet, but they should be about $25. The best part, obviously, is that you can adjust the chain tension externally without any disassembly.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:50 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Not really. The Venom ones are tapped 2.5mm and go all the way through to the pin. The Alleven ones are tapped 3mm and stop before the pin to mount the adjuster screw solidly. Plus, why would you want to use the Venom ones when the Alleven kit comes with everything you need?
i didn't think of that haha,

and an update of mine is ive ordered a charger, ordered a lipo sack, voltage meter, bought a vmx and battery off ebay, but cant pay for it! im having to confirm my direct debit on paypal! not good
got to wait for the deposits paypal make how ever long it takes
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:43 PM
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
Joined Jul 2007
68 Posts
Hey Chris
How are the timelines looking for the release of the MM 450?
CPTGUY is offline Find More Posts by CPTGUY
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTGUY View Post
Hey Chris
How are the timelines looking for the release of the MM 450?
Ship captain got drunk and had to make a pit stop at fiji. 1 month vacation...umm, I mean delay. :P
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Number one rule in my book when charging a lipo, never ever for any reason leave it more the. A hop skip and a jump from your sight,it takes 2 second to hit stop to end the charging and dissconect the battery if you have to leave the house. Not to mention its free to do so, its not free to come home and find your house burned down.

Number two in my book is to use a fire bag or amp Box, but if you use a metal box, make sure nothing is touching the metal that will cause a short and again cause a fire.

I hope no one ever has to experience this, I have never experienced a lipo battery fire, but I did experamce my house burning down in 06 and fires are a terrible experamce so please be careful, take serous precautions when dealing with lipos and most of all dont let lipos scare you away from the sport.
I am very sorry to hear about your home. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be.

F