New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by psr740
Joined Jun 2015
8 Posts
Discussion
return to China?

Hello dear members of the forum,
I got the Yifei XS-1 Phantom quadcopter from Gear Beast today. I installed 6 batteries in the transmitter, making sure the polarity is good. the transmitters light is on but there is no sound and it is not connecting to the quadcopter. I tried other batteries but it is not working. The quadcopter lights are on and it looks like it is searching for the transmitter, but it can not connect. I think there is a problem with the transmitter.
I have got at least 7 quadcopters from Gear Best in the past and others on the way, still, Gear best wants me to ship back the transmitter for evaluation. Shipping it back will cost me more the buying a new one...
What should I do?
Did any of you shipped back a DOA (less than $30) drone to Gear Best?
psr740 is offline Find More Posts by psr740
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2015, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,494 Posts
That's the risk you run way buying over seas, if the cost of shipping it back is greater/equal or close to buying a new one just makes financial sense....
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 16, 2015, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by Waterbound
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
4,792 Posts
looks to be a wltoys tx, try binding by turning on the quad first then powering up the tx, then apply throttle quickly and back down to zero to bind. if that doesn't work, try another tx. At $20 it isn't worth it to ship back the tx unless you can ship it back to the U.S. warehouse.
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Old Jun 16, 2015, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by psr740
Joined Jun 2015
8 Posts
Thank you freechip :-)
Waterbound, Nothing works on this transmitter other than the light... I have 10 different drones but no wiltoys. are you sure the wiltoys tx has the same protocol?
If yes, I will be very grateful if you could tell me which model to order.
Maybe I should also post in the mini quad forum. perhaps someone there has the same quad and tried it with other transmitters.
Thank you so much for the help.
psr740 is offline Find More Posts by psr740