Jan 11, 2013, 10:15 AM
Well, now that you know ...
I also have the DS610's on my 71" Velox. That's my first plane of its size so I don't have anything comparable to compare them to, but I think they are crazy fast!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 05:34 AM
I run the DS610's @ 6V in my 600pro heli and they are nice servos. I have a flying buddy that ran them direct off a 2s Lipo in the 600pro for over a year without issues. If I had a HV tail servo I would probably do the same.
Jan 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
For what it's worth, I had bought some of the Solar servos to compare, and I bought some of the size that fits the 51. The Solars were rated at .10 response time, but they were not as fast as the DS610's. I pulled the cover off a Solar and off a DS610 to have a look, there is a clear difference in visual quality and the way they are put together (soldering, wiring routing, etc.) with the Aligns being clean and the Solars being chinese toy quality. I'm sure the Solars would work as there are people flying them, but after looking inside one I am selling them.
Jan 12, 2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver
for what it's worth, i had bought some of the solar servos to compare, and i bought some of the size that fits the 51. The solars were rated at .10 response time, but they were not as fast as the ds610's. I pulled the cover off a solar and off a ds610 to have a look, there is a clear difference in visual quality and the way they are put together (soldering, wiring routing, etc.) with the aligns being clean and the solars being chinese toy quality. I'm sure the solars would work as there are people flying them, but after looking inside one i am selling them.
+200
Jan 13, 2013, 10:46 AM
Anyone got an orange fuse for sale? Mine spiraled into the ground today, turning the fuselage into shrapnel. I still don't know what happened. I was in a KE spin with plenty of altitude and it wouldn't recover.
Jan 13, 2013, 10:59 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyC
Anyone got an orange fuse for sale? Mine spiraled into the ground today, turning the fuselage into shrapnel. I still don't know what happened. I was in a KE spin with plenty of altitude and it wouldn't recover.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that man. If it wouldn't recover one of your servos might've locked up on you. So I'd check them all before you port them over to another aircraft.
Jan 13, 2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Ouch! Sorry to hear that man. If it wouldn't recover one of your servos might've locked up on you. So I'd check them all before you port them over to another aircraft.
That's good advice. I think also some lockouts / brownouts are due to servo failures pulling down the voltage via high amp draw, rather than a true Rx/Tx issue. Of course that is tough to tell afterwards.
Jan 13, 2013, 11:45 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver
That's good advice. I think also some lockouts / brownouts are due to servo failures pulling down the voltage via high amp draw, rather than a true Rx/Tx issue. Of course that is tough to tell afterwards.
Yea, I know what you mean. I lost a 70" Slick coming out of a blender. I think that was complete signal loss though because my Ice 100 was beeping on the way down (they will beep every few seconds to let you know they are armed) but I had zero control.

It's rough watching a big plane like that just spiral the ground when there's nothing you can do to stop it.
Jan 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
I don't know if it was signal loss or what. All servos work fine now.

I do know that it sucks to have my favorite plane smashed all to hell.
Jan 13, 2013, 12:22 PM
I finally got to see a 51" Slick fly for the first time yesterday. This thing definitely lives up to it's reputation. I have all the equipment for one in my Sabre-X and when I pile it in once and for all it will definitely be replaced by a Slick. Fly's big but responds like a smaller plane. I like this. Better start setting some moolah aside, I have a feeling the Sabre's days are numbered.
Jan 13, 2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy
I finally got to see a 51" Slick fly for the first time yesterday. This thing definitely lives up to it's reputation. I have all the equipment for one in my Sabre-X and when I pile it in once and for all it will definitely be replaced by a Slick. Fly's big but responds like a smaller plane. I like this. Better start setting some moolah aside, I have a feeling the Sabre's days are numbered.
Order one now before they go out of stock!
(But first maybe sell the sabre??)
Or plow it in to the ground intentionally
Jan 13, 2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Order one now before they go out of stock!
(But first maybe sell the sabre??)
Or plow it in to the ground intentionally
I'm in no hurry, I have plenty of things to fly. And now this time of year who knows how much opportunity there will be to fly. Right now I have 18 flyable airframes, and four more to build. Once I thin the herd I'll start getting more serious. But this is definitely on the list.
Jan 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy
I'm in no hurry, I have plenty of things to fly. And now this time of year who knows how much opportunity there will be to fly. Right now I have 18 flyable airframes, and four more to build. Once I thin the herd I'll start getting more serious. But this is definitely on the list.
Repeat after me...

My name is "jetinteriorguy" and I have a problem..."

I currently have a 71" Slick, 58" Edge, 57" SC, 48" Super Vyper, UMX 3D Sbach, UMX 3D Beast, QQ Edge, and a Crack Yak and I already get RC ADD every time I'm heading out to fly.
Jan 13, 2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Repeat after me...

My name is "jetinteriorguy" and I have a problem..."

I currently have a 71" Slick, 58" Edge, 57" SC, 48" Super Vyper, UMX 3D Sbach, UMX 3D Beast, QQ Edge, and a Crack Yak and I already get RC ADD every time I'm heading out to fly.
My name is Jetinteriorguy and I have a problem, not enough time to fly.
Jan 13, 2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyC
I don't know if it was signal loss or what. All servos work fine now.

I do know that it sucks to have my favorite plane smashed all to hell.
Sorry about the plane. Did you have adequate power to your servos... Could possibly be a brown out. What BEC and servos you running? Free of binding? Also was it cold out... Tends to increase servo load.

Quick Reply