New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2015, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
5,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee View Post
Also the motor will be hotter and the fast-moving linkages tighter. This is quite common: even my tiny nano-quads show the same > not only does the LIPO voltage go down a bit, but more significantly, the crude motor bushings get tighter because of friction-heat, and require more power.

Gotta "feed the beast!" ..... his name is Entropy
Thanks for the explanation and for the quick Thermodynamic lesson

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2015, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2006
5,026 Posts
Thank you Lee

Hi Lee

I've tried the weightless balancing method of the wings you mentioned ... and I have to say that the avitron now flies much more stable and predictable ... it is indeed a better way to balance the wings .. thanks a lot for sharing this

I really needed it ... it gives a straight flight both in flapping and gliding mode

and also ... at all tail angles ... and at all throttle settings , this is amazing

Khaled
Old Mar 03, 2015, 03:50 PM
Joined Nov 2006
5,026 Posts
Avitron V2 .. hands free flight :)))) (1 min 32 sec)
Old Mar 04, 2015, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
4,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi Lee

I've tried the weightless balancing method of the wings you mentioned ... and I have to say that the avitron now flies much more stable and predictable ... it is indeed a better way to balance the wings .. thanks a lot for sharing this

I really needed it ... it gives a straight flight both in flapping and gliding mode

and also ... at all tail angles ... and at all throttle settings , this is amazing

Khaled
Thank you, Khaled, for reminding me: with the oncoming full moon Kiki is totally "wired" and insisted on flying around the room with an Avitron [he said, "Want 'Go, Go' with the Big Boy!" and made the Avitron motor/gear-flapping sound]. So I took out my oldest V1.0 and soon discovered it was turning too much to the left and not enough to the right. I also saw that the left wing membrane had come loose at the spar root and that there was a cut-down section of an alu weight strip on the right wing. So I removed that weight and put on a super-thin coat of UHU Por and re-attached the membrane at the root, pulling it a bit tighter. The UHU Por is wonderful insofar as I could pull it off again during a few test tries to get the membrane tightness exactly right to balance the flight. Then every flight, in both circling directions, easily plopped onto my hand.

Kiki was very happy [me too]

Lee
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Mar 04, 2015, 10:55 AM
Joined Nov 2006
5,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee View Post
Thank you, Khaled, for reminding me: with the oncoming full moon Kiki is totally "wired" and insisted on flying around the room with an Avitron [he said, "Want 'Go, Go' with the Big Boy!" and made the Avitron motor/gear-flapping sound]. So I took out my oldest V1.0 and soon discovered it was turning too much to the left and not enough to the right. I also saw that the left wing membrane had come loose at the spar root and that there was a cut-down section of an alu weight strip on the right wing. So I removed that weight and put on a super-thin coat of UHU Por and re-attached the membrane at the root, pulling it a bit tighter. The UHU Por is wonderful insofar as I could pull it off again during a few test tries to get the membrane tightness exactly right to balance the flight. Then every flight, in both circling directions, easily plopped onto my hand.

Kiki was very happy [me too]

Lee
That makes me happy too ... It is a wonderful little bird .. and of course Kiki too

Khaled