HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Park_aviator, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Today, 03:58 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethin' Extra View Post
atta boy when the PA disintegrates in mid air, you can put em in a 3dhs bird or even a EF if that tickles your fancy
who are you kidding. when the PA self-destructs those are going into the box-o-electronics to be used whenever I need them for something else I found who knows where.

Do I look like the kind of guy who buys a bunch of new planes for mucho $$$? lol
LowlyElevated is online now Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Today, 04:01 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowlyElevated View Post
Do I look like the kind of guy who buys a bunch of new planes for mucho $$$? lol
Dang man, your missing out then......and yeah you do seem that way but just used, instead of new
Somethin' Extra is online now Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
Old Today, 04:03 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Dang man, your missing out then......and yeah you do seem that way but just used, instead of new
I have bought new planes in the past, but you can find some pretty good deals on used equipment if you really look. Sure, I got a PA instead of a better plane. But I only paid $100 for it RxR, and got 5 other planes with it!
Old Today, 04:11 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowlyElevated View Post
I have bought new planes in the past, but you can find some pretty good deals on used equipment if you really look. Sure, I got a PA instead of a better plane. But I only paid $100 for it RxR, and got 5 other planes with it!
No I know. Heck id buy PA used any day over new. Save some $$ and you still get the same warfanty but I like new for airframes and batts mostly. Airframes take a beating and you cant really tell till you see inside too. Servos I buy new for big birds as servos develop slop over time. But id buy used escs, motors, and Rxes all day long.
Somethin' Extra is online now Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
Old Today, 04:20 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
No I know. Heck id buy PA used any day over new. Save some $$ and you still get the same warfanty but I like new for airframes and batts mostly. Airframes take a beating and you cant really tell till you see inside too. Servos I buy new for big birds as servos develop slop over time. But id buy used escs, motors, and Rxes all day long.
I never buy used batteries,with HK batteries being so cheap and good enough for how I fly. And I can afford to spring for a nicer batt or to on some occasions.
Servos, i'll use what comes with a used plane if its any good and I will buy one or two off the guys I fly with if I just need to replace one but if I'm doing a new plane I'll buy new servos.

I never buy a used RX. I fly spektrum, so buying used RXs off the classifieds means you might get a fake. and when I get a used one in a plane, I do really thorough range checks on it to make sure its good before i fly.

ESCs and motors, sure I'll buy used. For engines, I'd only feel comfortable buying a used engine if I can see the engine in person first. I'll go for a low-time motor if the pics look good on the classifieds, or if its NIB, but none of that "heavily used" stuff unless I can see and feel it in person.
Old Today, 04:36 PM
Insert witty coment here!!
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Jan 2013
103 Posts
No im not wanting a full out 3d plane, I want a sport plane. That's what I love flying. I was just asking you guys if you think it will be a good choice seeing that I haven't flown for a year.
fast15 is online now Find More Posts by fast15
Old Today, 04:43 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast15 View Post
No im not wanting a full out 3d plane, I want a sport plane. That's what I love flying. I was just asking you guys if you think it will be a good choice seeing that I haven't flown for a year.
You don't want a big plane for your first plane after a year out of it. a foamy warbird would be like what you want. Or a trainer type plane if you feel scared.
Old Today, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
103 Posts
That's what I figured but I guess that's ok. It will give me more time to save up for something bigger that is gas powered!
Old Today, 05:27 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
So, I want a 250 size quadcopter with FPV.

used or new? what kind of costs am I looking at? I priced out what looks like a decent quad (without fpv) for just under $150 on HK, so thats low-budget new. Whats a starting pricepoint for high-budget new? What kind of price would I pay for a decent used quad? Is it worth it?

What kind of FPV should I go with for it?
Old Today, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
103 Posts
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=3644 here is a nice quad with everything except a wiring harness of course.
Old Today, 05:54 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
that looks nice. Better than the HK thing I priced out, anyways. I will look into that.
Old Today, 06:08 PM
United States, CA, Humboldt County
Joined Dec 2012
275 Posts
Ya the night hawk looks like a pretty cool cheep frame. I recintly lost my mxp230 and if i cant find it than i will probably get one, although i will definatyl build it up myself and run it on a much more powerful setup than it come stock.
wyllsurf is online now Find More Posts by wyllsurf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sharing some of my videos
Old Today, 06:11 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,594 Posts
I'm not necessarily looking for tons of power, but enough for it to be sporty even with fpv gear.

How did you lose your MXP?