Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:00 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
ok, voodoo arrives soon
I am toying with the idea of getting a cc ice lite 50 and squeezing it into this little rocket
anyone had experience of this?
If you look at the pics,Jackosmeister had a Scorpoin 60 in his behind the lipo....Looked tight though.Mine has a CC45,so no help from my end.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Mine is still for sale if anybody is interested, bit I still have not posted an add.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:03 AM
voodoo magic maaan
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
If you look at the pics,Jackosmeister had a Scorpoin 60 in his behind the lipo....Looked tight though.Mine has a CC45,so no help from my end.
I would like data logging - does the cc45 have that facility?
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
I would like data logging - does the cc45 have that facility?
No, the CC45 does not have data logging.

I believe there is a post somewhere back in the thread comparing the dimensions of the CC45 and the Ice Light 50, If memory doesn't serve me wrong the 45 fits nicer because it is narrower and longer where the 50 is more square. If you are not going to pull that many amps (I would say 30A-35A max) and you don't plan on using 4S consider the SuperBrain 40. It can't hold the sustained amps that the CC can and it will only go to 3S but in my VooDoo it has been bulletproof (I'm pulling about 35A peak, 29A unloaded) and yes, it has data logging.

Regards,

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:56 AM
voodoo magic maaan
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post

I believe there is a post somewhere back in the thread comparing the dimensions of the CC45 and the Ice Light 50, If memory doesn't serve me wrong the 45 fits nicer because it is narrower and longer where the 50 is more square. If you are not going to pull that many amps (I would say 30A-35A max) and you don't plan on using 4S consider the SuperBrain 40. It can't hold the sustained amps that the CC can and it will only go to 3S but in my VooDoo it has been bulletproof (I'm pulling about 35A peak, 29A unloaded) and yes, it has data logging.

Regards,

- Birger
I guess I am just a bit of a castle fan now and would like to use all the same programming and logging....
Hmmm... Will measure up voodoo and see if the cc ice lite 50 will go in - I am happy to remove fly wires and solder straight onto the board
Damn its tight in this plane! Quite a challenge!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:03 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
I guess I am just a bit of a castle fan now and would like to use all the same programming and logging....
Hmmm... Will measure up voodoo and see if the cc ice lite 50 will go in - I am happy to remove fly wires and solder straight onto the board
Damn its tight in this plane! Quite a challenge!
I can appreciate that, I also use CC on all my big stuff. On the VooDoo I actually started with a cheap motor and ESC that I was planning to upgrade later but it turns out the ESC performed so well that I only upgraded the motor (go figure ).

I will say, keep at it, when I was building mine I thought the same as you, I will never get everything to fit. I will tell you what the biggest space saver for me was and that was doing away with the ESC & Battery connectors and moving to 3.5mm split bullets, wow what a difference.

Good Luck,

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post

Regards,

- Birger
The CC45 fits perfect,i did not have to get fancy with anything,just the basic motor,esc,then lipo in that order,with room to spare.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,174 Posts
Really doubt the ICE50 will fit sorry, they are a really goofy size, not very good for S400 fuselages (sqaure and tall, like a cube ) Found this out the hardway too, Thunderbird 54 is a much better form factor
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:41 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
655 Posts
Anything bigger than http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=94419 will have an issue to fit.
Size is in there. (And this is still a steel).

And as Birger also mentioned, I had to go from Deans-T to ~3mm connectors for the battery.

/Håkan
hakank is online now Find More Posts by hakank
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:52 AM
voodoo magic maaan
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
ok, all very valid points
I will look at the thunderbird and the dualsky
my last voodoo fitted ok with perkins 40esc but damm it was tight and not ideal esp as I was using xt60 connectors

this time around I will solder the motor direct to the esc and I will also connect with bullets rather than xt60.. I will also be flying using 2 cell a bit more as they fit perfectly and its still mucho rapido
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:57 AM
voodoo magic maaan
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Hollein shipping to me Monday
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:56 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
655 Posts
Congrats! And the setup will be?
hakank is online now Find More Posts by hakank
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1746713
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:16 AM
voodoo magic maaan
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Congrats! And the setup will be?
this will be my 2nd voodoo...
gonna use the same power plant: het3w, 40a esc, TP1300 3S and 4.7x4.7 gm folder prop.. And then s3154 servos all round

Gonna take my time on the wing servos.. Will most likely mount them in the conventional position but am tempted to stick one on an "outrigger" like some others have done......??
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:31 AM
voodoo magic maaan
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox View Post
About to finish my VooDoo.
Could not resist and moved servos in to the wing.
No mess inside the fuse .
Yuri.
I am loving this mod!
How did it work out for you? Would you recommend?