HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Discussion
New Dynam A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF Jet with Retracts 2.4G RC 5 Channel Ready

The Dynam A-10 Thunderbolt II also known as "The Warthog" is an American single-seat, twin-engine, straight-wing jet aircraft designed to provide close air support of ground forces. The A-10 earned its reputation as the "Tank Buster" with its assortment of lethal air to ground armaments effectively annihilation enemy ground forces and reinforcements. It was the first USAF aircraft designed exclusively for close air support.

The Dynam A-10 has been an awesome flying machine in the Dynam Fleet. Dynam decided to upgrade this bird with servo-less retracts. The A-10 has superb maneuverability even at low speeds and altitude, this is due to its large wing area, high wing aspect ratio, and large ailerons. This design also enables short takeoffs and landings, allowing it to operate from the smallest and most basic airfields. This model gets power from two 64mm electric ducted fan units and comes 90% Ready To Fly. All Servos, motors, receiver, and other electronics are preinstalled from factory. Like all the planes in the Dynam range, the Dynam A-10 is constructed of quality EPO foam and finished to a high standard that represents an excellent replica of the real aircraft.

This ready to fly version comes with a Dynam 2.4ghz radio system and a 11.1v 2200mah 25c Li-Po battery. Twin 40A electronics speed controllers provide power to the twin 64mm 3300kv ducted fan units. You will need to complete assembly of the plane to get this plane ready for flight.

Specifications:
Wing span: 1080mm
Total Length:995mm
Flying weight: 1000g
Construction: EPO
Servo:9g
Battery:11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po
ESC:40A x 2
Power: 2 x Brushless 64mm EDF/KV:3300 x 2

Required to Fly:
Assembly of Plane
8 AA batteries for Radio System

Buy the A10 RC Plane by Dynam here at Nitroplanes http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:08 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Dynam A-10 Military EDF Jet Review (4 min 15 sec)

Roland reviews the new A-10 from Dynam. Let us know what you think in the comments below. We had some issues with our mic during the shoot, but it still worked out in the end. Thanks again for watching!

Jungle Camo
RTF http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html
ARF- http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html

Desert Camo
RTF - http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html
ARF - http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html

Grey
RTF - http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html
ARF - http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...-eretract.html

The Dynam A-10 Thunderbolt II also known as "The Warthog" is an American single-seat, twin-engine, straight-wing jet aircraft designed to provide close air support of ground forces. The A-10 earned its reputation as the "Tank Buster" with its assortment of lethal air to ground armaments effectively annihilation enemy ground forces and reinforcements. It was the first USAF aircraft designed exclusively for close air support.

The Dynam A-10 has been an awesome flying machine in the Dynam Fleet. Dynam decided to upgrade this bird with servo-less retracts. The A-10 has superb maneuverability even at low speeds and altitude, this is due to its large wing area, high wing aspect ratio, and large ailerons. This design also enables short takeoffs and landings, allowing it to operate from the smallest and most basic airfields. This model gets power from two 64mm electric ducted fan units and comes 90% Ready To Fly. All Servos, motors, receiver, and other electronics are preinstalled from factory. Like all the planes in the Dynam range, the Dynam A-10 is constructed of quality EPO foam and finished to a high standard that represents an excellent replica of the real aircraft.

This ready to fly version comes with a Dynam 2.4ghz radio system and a 11.1v 2200mah 25c Li-Po battery. Twin 40A electronics speed controllers provide power to the twin 64mm 3300kv ducted fan units. You will need to complete assembly of the plane to get this plane ready for flight.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:09 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
See the Speed!!! Dynam A-10 Thunderbolt II EDF Jet

New Dynam A-10 Thunderbolt II EDF Jet Preview (1 min 25 sec)
Old Aug 09, 2013, 11:02 AM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds
Joined Jan 2013
91 Posts
Throttle Connections

I just bought one of these new A-10's about a month ago and am just now getting around to unpacking it and looking over the pieces and instructions. The version I bought did not come with a Tx/Rx. Looking over the parts, I see there are two 40amp ESC's. Each ESC has a cable with a label marked THR and a short cable extension with some kind of little IC board(???).

I understand that a Y-cable will be needed to connect the two separate throttle cables to the receiver. My question is...

With two power leads coming from the two separate ESC's won't that overload the voltage to my receiver? Do I need to cut the red wire on one of the leads??
Sunbyrd is offline Find More Posts by Sunbyrd
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:26 AM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds
Joined Jan 2013
91 Posts
I connected the two ESC wires with the little IC boards to a Y-cord and connected the Y-cord to my Spektrum AR6200 receiver. This causes the LED's in both receivers to flash indicating some kind of error condition. Probably too high a voltage, as I suspected.

When I remove the two little cords with the IC boards and connect the ESC wires to a Y-cord with the red wires cut and supply separate power from a battery pack everything works normally (solid LED's).

This can't be how this is supposed to work???
Old Oct 05, 2013, 08:34 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Sep 2013
142 Posts
Anyone know the wheel size of the retracts version?..I wanted to upgrade to wheels with brakes
mrtibbs is offline Find More Posts by mrtibbs
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:44 AM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds
Joined Jan 2013
91 Posts
As near as I can tell, the nose wheel is 33mm and the mains are 42mm. Hard to measure curved surfaces without calipers, but that should be pretty close.
Old Oct 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Sep 2013
142 Posts
Thanks!...Don't think the Turnigy ones will fit..
Old Oct 16, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
410 Posts
Any updates on this jet?
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Sep 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobearcat View Post
Any updates on this jet?
I haven't built mine yet but there is a ARF build log on youtube
Old Oct 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Sep 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbyrd View Post
I connected the two ESC wires with the little IC boards to a Y-cord and connected the Y-cord to my Spektrum AR6200 receiver. This causes the LED's in both receivers to flash indicating some kind of error condition. Probably too high a voltage, as I suspected.

When I remove the two little cords with the IC boards and connect the ESC wires to a Y-cord with the red wires cut and supply separate power from a battery pack everything works normally (solid LED's).

This can't be how this is supposed to work???
I'm having problems too setting up this jet ..i'm not getting any throttle ...just rapid beeps
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds
Joined Jan 2013
91 Posts
That probably means that the throttle channel needs to be reversed. Then ensure that the throttle trim is all the way in the down position. Once you've done that, you'll need to power up the ESC's with the throttle stick in high position (the ESC's should not arm themselves at this point and should be beeping). Then move stick to the low throttle position within 2 or 3 seconds. The ESC's should arm at that point and sound the normal arming tones.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Sep 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbyrd View Post
That probably means that the throttle channel needs to be reversed. Then ensure that the throttle trim is all the way in the down position. Once you've done that, you'll need to power up the ESC's with the throttle stick in high position (the ESC's should not arm themselves at this point and should be beeping). Then move stick to the low throttle position within 2 or 3 seconds. The ESC's should arm at that point and sound the normal arming tones.
Figured it out...That was part of the problem. My new OrangeRX module for my Turnigy 9x needs to be programmed to have throttle at throttle...right now it's elevator and the jet almost took off in my house!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 01:34 PM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds
Joined Jan 2013
91 Posts
wow...I bet that scared the crap out of you. I did the same thing
Old Oct 21, 2013, 05:02 AM
Joined Sep 2013
142 Posts
Went out yesterday for a maiden...didn't go as planned...took a quick nose dive...I think the battery was the issue ..it was too nose heavy ..I had a 3S 3700..think it might be best to step down next try

Any tips on CG or first take off etc?
Last edited by mrtibbs; Oct 21, 2013 at 06:08 AM.