HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
I cannot seem to find any 4500mAh batteries with deans connectors ... where did you source yours?
Change the type of connectors you use because deans connectors suck or just solder on a deans connect yourself.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001 View Post
Change the type of connectors you use because deans connectors suck or just solder on a deans connect yourself.

Also he could have not looked hard enough, because goodluckbuy.com sell batteries with deans connector.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jan 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Also he could have not looked hard enough, because goodluckbuy.com sell batteries with deans connector.
Find it?
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 490905002 View Post
Find it?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...filter_mfr/143

Some here with Deans

A link here with some places
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1593350

And were I get mine from, will replace with any plug.
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz

And there is a great tool for looking, called GOGGLE, try it, you maybe surprised on what you will find.

Also Ebay, man you got to learn to search for things, the internet is your best friend and can find anyting if you look long enough.

These are a start man, how about doing your own search, and it's not that hard, just change the plugs yourself, it's that simple, or go to a hobby shop, simple.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:38 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
I was told this forum was helpful and friendly, however, it is sarcastic comments like this that put people off asking questions. I was looking for the batteries in Australia as shipping costs are prohibitive from overseas as a general rule. Getting decent gear over here is difficult.

I have settled for 4mm bullet connectors and will change them to deans myself. A lot of the sources mentioned were out of stock also.
loquacious is offline Find More Posts by loquacious
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
I was told this forum was helpful and friendly, however, it is sarcastic comments like this that put people off asking questions. I was looking for the batteries in Australia as shipping costs are prohibitive from overseas as a general rule. Getting decent gear over here is difficult.

I have settled for 4mm bullet connectors and will change them to deans myself. A lot of the sources mentioned were out of stock also.

Well I am in the same boat and the situation is worse in New Zealand, so just import all my stuff, and Mr Postive over here you can ask for what plug you want and they change it, if you asked them, they may have sent them to Australia also.

The only way you really get stuff like this is you have to pay the shipping and get it sent, Goodluckbuy offer free post, so the costs are not prohibitive, you just have to look for good sources and you have to learn to look on goggle over here, so there are reasonable places if you look, sometimes on Ebay free post is also offered.
And sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay shipping costs, thats the price for living over this part of the world and the only way you survive in this hobby over here, is learn to look for cheap or free shipping or pay the price, but learning to look and looking does help, that is the reality of the situation over this part of the world, but don't meant to be sarcastic or sound it, but stating how it is over this part of the world, it's a sad fact. I spend hours looking through Google, got my Lotus 580P+ through google, and free shipping through good luck buy, as this was the cheapest option.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:13 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Well I am in the same boat and the situation is worse in New Zealand, so just import all my stuff, and Mr Postive over here you can ask for what plug you want and they change it, if you asked them, they may have sent them to Australia also.

The only way you really get stuff like this is you have to pay the shipping and get it sent, Goodluckbuy offer free post, so the costs are not prohibitive, you just have to look for good sources and you have to learn to look on goggle over here, so there are reasonable places if you look, sometimes on Ebay free post is also offered.
And sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay shipping costs, thats the price for living over this part of the world and the only way you survive in this hobby over here, is learn to look for cheap or free shipping or pay the price, but learning to look and looking does help, that is the reality of the situation over this part of the world, but don't meant to be sarcastic or sound it, but stating how it is over this part of the world, it's a sad fact. I spend hours looking through Google, got my Lotus 580P+ through google, and free shipping through good luck buy, as this was the cheapest option.
I agree that you have to bite the bullet at times. I spend hours searching through google too .. I managed to get my T580P+ cheaper again that good lick buy even with postage. I managed to get mine including postage for $550.00. Well I am still waiting for it to arrive but the batteries arrived today .. they are HUGE !!!
loquacious is offline Find More Posts by loquacious
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
it seems no likes the MQ600 ! I Do not blame you at all!!! after all he issues with the T580 & T580P+ ESC & Controller burning out. the T580 has a very good frame easy to repair after a crash this is it's strength. but crap electronics lotus RC has clamed to resolve all the issues & released a new version of the electronics. lotus RC has also released the GPS auto pilot version. but after having so much issues with the T580 & T580P+ I will not be offering a warrantee with it sales are final.
http://WWW.OFFTHEGRIDWATER.CA/
same as http://mymobilemms.com/OFFTHEGRIDWATER.CA/
aopen3434 is offline Find More Posts by aopen3434
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
I have returned defective ESC controllers to lotus RC & have yet to receive a replacement parts.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
shiping is is a bitch!!!
shipping is expensive to ship a T590p to Israel from Toronto is $270 FedEx $320 UPS from China to Israel it only $65 to $100 EMS.
depending on the shiping rates. when people want Lipo & TxRx Battry charger your just adding more waight hence more shiping cost.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Have had around 10 flights on mine, up to 24 mins each, and now had just put my GoPro on with camera mount, and hardly any heat from the ESC, and motors only warm.

The alititude hold works and holds pretty well. But does not stay still in one spot like the demos show, it drifts, so always have to be on the Ali, elevator stick, since I am now using a Devo 12s, the handling is different, more sensitive then the Devo8s, so the 580p+ I find needs trim.

It's much easier to fly with the Devo 8s, than the 12s, due to being much more sensitive, so have to get used to the Devo12s.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Jan 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aopen3434 View Post
I have returned defective ESC controllers to lotus RC & have yet to receive a replacement parts.
Recognized pictures or video?
You who have purchased?
LOTUSRC directly involved in it?
Happy to serve you.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
Let T580 fly- - - - - -T580 quadcopter installation guide - - - - - - and X flight

Finally busy a paragraph, find time took the unpacking assembly video of T580 . In line with concise and easy to use design principle, T580 airframe adopted factory assembling way, 90% of the workload has finished in the factory, leaving the user's just landing gear and propeller installation, such benefits is the maximum guarantee factory each machine quality, convenient for users. PS: if you think we rob your assembly fun and discontent, can also take the machine apart to assemble again again, but be careful not to break it . em19:
T580 factory default flight mode is "+" .The character conform to most people's sense of direction, especially beginners new machine.To head and tail completely symmetrical of the quadcopter, can not find a north while turn a direction , em15: + flight mode easily fast identify machine bearing. Of course, in familiar with machine performance characteristics operating handle, able to operate the machines follow one's inclinations when hovering around, can pass slowly practice in order to master stage, such as can do " Heart with organics, all over the world without inorganics " of selflessness realm .You can try the current popular X flight mode. First don't worry, now we still need to know the unpacking assembly process of the machine .
Name: T580.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 46.1 KB
Description:
LIUCHUNYAN is offline Find More Posts by LIUCHUNYAN
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Jan 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot
Why all the different lotusrc threads where you two basically just type messages to each other and every now and again make another bogus account pop in to say how wonderful your quad is? You do know that the original t580 thread is still right here and readable right? Even though you closed it last year........

Or more simply, with EVERYONE here already knowing about your quads "FLIP OF DEATH" or "BURNING ESC" or how you basically blanked everyone who told you your esc's were faulty in the 1st place and how you kept on blanking people till sales fell off drastically then released v2 esc (same as v1) then the real v2 esc (bullet connectors) then the v3 esc (green) and yet did NOTHING about the faulty code or flight controller?

Dont you think you should just call it a day, when even the "noobs" can dig up such info and tell YOU why no one else is bothering to post on these many free advertizing threads where you do not need to become a site sponcer to spam freely across all multirotor forums?

We do not deny the problem V1.0 version of the ESC.
But we re-sent to guests free of charge worldwide, and to be recognized, you know?
Up to $ 30,000 worth of ESC, all free fill out, this does not prove LOTUSRC honesty and strength? Can not prove LOTUSRC put the customer first it?
I do not understand your questions about what you want to express? Sir, can you tell me?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
if you are looking for a great frame light & durable the T580 is a good buy but if you looking for RTF Quad you will not be happy.