Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:45 AM
Joined May 2009
18 Posts
Nice, hows your AIl Horns? Do they look like there going too fail and rip out of the foam seeing there glued on the paint with out screwed back plates like the Rudder horns?[/QUOTE]

i havnt check hold on

they feel tight.
but im gonna put a bead of thick ca on there just in case
since the plane is quick i would expect the horns to deal with alot of force
...on a side note..is it just me or was this stryker a super easy build..took me 5 min with my ca and accelerator
HeliorPlane is offline Find More Posts by HeliorPlane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:57 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,300 Posts
OK ,just wondering if its going to be a issue. Someone had one come out and mentioned about being glued too the paint. But im sure its got a spine of some sort into the Ail. lol
I'm still going too replace them with horns with a back plate.
piece of mind.

What did you have too use CA for? Ive got the PNP on the way.
How are the rudders installed? CA hinges?
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:12 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster433 View Post
How are you getting it to get into a flat spin? Is it controlled or uncontrolled? I can hover it down and get it to sorta spiral but nothing like a true flat spin.
Just take it up high. Chop the throttle. Give it full down elevator and full left or right rudder. You will need max throws to get a good inverted flat spin. But don't go too low before you pull out.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:31 AM
*** gravity sucks ***
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
400 Posts
For me the entry of the inverted spin works best with full down, full aileron and full opposite rudder. If the plane is in the spin, take out the aileron and the spin will become ultra slow. If you keep aileron it will spin faster, but still very nice. For an upright spin pull full elevator, full aileron and full rudder same direction.
Fotor is offline Find More Posts by Fotor
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:01 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
USA, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliorPlane View Post
all four of these beauties came in yesterday.. i took out the q first..powerless had launches worked great for me..great plane..picked up the f27c rtf for 85 bucks...so i have both stykers.and my new dx5e and my umx beast...what a great day..i love the rudders and the magnetic nose
Where did you get the C from for 85 bucks? I would order one right now for 85 bucks
chevypower1930 is offline Find More Posts by chevypower1930
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:48 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
New to the forum as well as the plane. This is my first wing and after 3 flights I'm having a BLAST!! I did have to change my shorts after the maiden flight, the recommended settings from HH did not work for me at all. After whinning and crying for help EastCoast78 explained Exponential to me as well as suggested settings. Flights 2 and 3 looked smoother and felt a lot better!

Didn't try the vertical landing yet. I'm guessing just point her into the wind and full UP Elevator?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Now if only my mouth would STOP getting so dry and my hands would quite shaking before I fly the Stryker I'll be feeling much better!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:54 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,992 Posts
I put 6 flights on the Q yesterday. It was great!

But on my last flight all of the sudden it started to turn left and it wouldn't straighten up. So I decided to land it. As I inspected it my left aileron control horn was off! It did land ok so don't worry to much about it.

So i scraped off the paint and reglued on the control horn with CA. I hope this holds it.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:03 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
I have looked at the new stryker. I agree it needs it own thread.
I like some of the changes.
I am just concerned about the fuselage replacements costing 85 bucks.
Have anyone seen them cheaper than what Parkzone has them for?
I would love to get my hands on just the fuselage to see what I can do to it!
It sure is faster than the original one i bought some 7-8 years ago.
But for us speed junkies, it is going to need some mods so it can handle the high speeds.
I think they made it so it would be harder to modify.
Truly the motor mount looks like the old zagi setup!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:25 AM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
i haven't seen anyone really talk about flight times.. What are ya'll setting the timer at on 3s 2200?

Sorry if i missed it, there is been alot of good stuff on here now that alot of people have gotten planes.
6 minutes then time to land. already put her up 20 times or so,and this is the safe bet. Some flights will have juice for after 7,some ,not after 6:30. runnin,stock pz batt. and Tenergy as well as Progressive RC spyders , all 3s 2200 25C All seem to give very similiar flight times so far,without goin overboard on the wot runs.
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:19 AM
Mooresville, NC
Joined Dec 2004
266 Posts
F-27Q Stryker or FunJet Ultra with Power pack??

Does anyone have both and what flies better and is faster? I would probably go with the Multiplex Power Pack option.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Thank you,

michael
MichaelT1960 is offline Find More Posts by MichaelT1960
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:43 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I put 6 flights on the Q yesterday. It was great!

But on my last flight all of the sudden it started to turn left and it wouldn't straighten up. So I decided to land it. As I inspected it my left aileron control horn was off! It did land ok so don't worry to much about it.

So i scraped off the paint and reglued on the control horn with CA. I hope this holds it.
Holy ! This is what we were all afraid of. Sure would be nice if someone from Parkzone or Horizon could explain their thought process of using the screws/backplate setup on the rudders but not the ailerons! This makes absolutely no sense on such a high speed/aerobatic plane. And they also need to ship all of us a free set of control horns w/ backplates.
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:52 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus The Red View Post
6 minutes then time to land. already put her up 20 times or so,and this is the safe bet. Some flights will have juice for after 7,some ,not after 6:30. runnin,stock pz batt. and Tenergy as well as Progressive RC spyders , all 3s 2200 25C All seem to give very similiar flight times so far,without goin overboard on the wot runs.
This stryker would be a candidate for a telemetry module, or at least an audible battery alarm, being this thing has such a wide flight envelope. I set my timer to 6 min, and have hit LVC before the timer goes off doing speed tests at mostly WOT, and have had 2.2Ah packs come down requiring only 1Ah to be put back when just flying around, doing parachutes, spins, and gliding. The only other plane I have that is similarly hard to predict flight times with is my Radian Pro, a battery might hit LVC in 10 minutes, or only drain 1/2 of a 1.8Ah over an hour long flight. That plane has the telemetry module, and it is worth every penny. In either case, setting a timer to run when throttle is 25% or over does help a bit if you do a lot of power off gliding or elevators/spins, setting for 6min with this feature usually gives me about 6:30-7min flight.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:02 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Holy ! This is what we were all afraid of. Sure would be nice if someone from Parkzone or Horizon could explain their thought process of using the screws/backplate setup on the rudders but not the ailerons! This makes absolutely no sense on such a high speed/aerobatic plane. And they also need to ship all of us a free set of control horns w/ backplates.
Mine pulled out before I even had the throws set up, much less in flying shape.

Not only were the horns just glued over paint(pretty much happens on some parts, usually the gear plate for most of HH's EPO stuff), they weren't glued well even if it was bare foam, you can see in the pic, glue was only where the paint pulled up, just 2 small drops of what looks like CA on either side of the flange, nothing in the channel for the "foot" of the horn, or in front where there is more stress. I would urge everyone to pull the horns and reglue them with epoxy, CA, or add backing plates. It's easy to catch, and easy to fix, hopefully this is the only F-up on horizon's part with this plane, if so, that would actually be an improvement considering most of their recent models.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Last edited by alucard0822; Jun 23, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:03 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960 View Post
Does anyone have both and what flies better and is faster? I would probably go with the Multiplex Power Pack option.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Thank you,

michael
I have both. I've been flying the C for many years now. The Q is a better out of the box plane hands down. It's faster and more maneuverable. It also flies slow better and it hold high alpha a lot better. It does everything the C does, but it does them better and it does things that are impossible the C to do without serious mods.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:19 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
would 25 steady winds be a good condition to maiden this bird? I am getting tired of waiting.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn