HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2011, 02:22 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post
i would suggest you cancel your transaction. what ebay seller would pull their account? Its obviously ebay that did this, and he appearss to be doing another listing for even less money under a new name for around $20

this is the listing the scammer has put up now.. DO NOT ORDER THIS..
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-4ch-M...item4cf434279b
Another big clue this scammer is also lazy. If you click on the link for spare parts, it will take to another seller (original?) from which the scammer ripped the ad from.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GYRO-Metal-4c...item3a5cf81859
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2011, 02:25 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Paypal Payment canceled!

I refreshed my Ebay summary page, and I noticed that now there is a note next to the auction I bid on it for the Falcon, it says, "THIS USER IS NO LONGER REGISTERED on EBAY"

I Immediately, CANCELED my PayPal payment. I would suggest everyone that ordered this thing, do the same immediately!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 02, 2011, 02:26 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
"Situation Report" On Ebay Falcon 4 CH RC helicopter.OK, I noticed that my PayPal payment submitted for this item on Jan. 1 for this heli, today it remains status as "Unclaimed" , The link to the auction has indeed has been removed , the status this morning showed as "Ended, with 100 Sold, I've posted a screen shot of this that I has saved from my buffer this morning when the listing was still available. See the pic I posted. I just sent an email to the vendor through Ebay, notifying him what is happening with his listing and my payment. I also asked him to respond immediately with proof and assurance that his auction was for a legitimate item, and that I would be receiving what I paid for. Because, I can still "cancel' the PayPal payment while the payment remains as "Unclaimed" status. I told him I would do this unless he responds to immediately and assure me I will getting my heli.

Look at the transaction, if your payment is "unclaimed', there is "Cancel" button.next to the payment details.

I'm going to give him 24 hours to respond, If I don't hear from him, I will try to cancel at that point, Otherwise I will call PayPal.
Regarding to your screenshot:

It showed 199 sold...so 199*20 = 3980 USD!!!
And he had two listings.. so this bucks may be doubled...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Jan 02, 2011, 03:06 PM
Joined Mar 2004
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post

I don't think he made off with anything because the PayPal payments were "unclaimed". It was easy to cancel payments made to him.
uabass is offline Find More Posts by uabass
Old Jan 02, 2011, 03:47 PM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined Oct 2004
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I refreshed my Ebay summary page, and I noticed that now there is a note next to the auction I bid on it for the Falcon, it says, "THIS USER IS NO LONGER REGISTERED on EBAY"

I Immediately, CANCELED my PayPal payment. I would suggest everyone that ordered this thing, do the same immediately!
Looks to be the version that's missing the two trim knobs on the tx anyway.
richh is offline Find More Posts by richh
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:30 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Apparently this item was pulled too. What a shame that some people think they can get away with scamming like that.

Ed

Quote:
i would suggest you cancel your transaction. what ebay seller would pull their account? Its obviously ebay that did this, and he appearss to be doing another listing for even less money under a new name for around $20

this is the listing the scammer has put up now.. DO NOT ORDER THIS..
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-4ch-M...item4cf434279b
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2008
17 Posts
Ok I'll add to the frenzy
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-rc-mini-heli...item5ade3d30ab 4ch with ir
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-4ch-M...item3cb2fb4efa 4ch with ir again (Australia)
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-4G-4-Channel-4...item5d2cdd89d2 4ch 2.4ghz $33au (china based)
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-4ch-Mini-Ra...item3f05f3ac73 4ch ir cheap looking $27 (china)

However FYI some of these units use a cheap head
isaacs is offline Find More Posts by isaacs
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2010
27 Posts
isaacs, all of those listings have been removed from ebay.
funinthefalls is offline Find More Posts by funinthefalls
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:09 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Well it appears with the new year some people wanna make a fast buck by trying to rip us off, so I am going to implement a new rule in the thread.

All deals/posts from eBay must have AT LEAST 10 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS FROM MULTIPLE BUYERS, before you can list them in the thread.

If you want to buy an item with less than that 10 positive feedbacks, then its on you to take that risk, but please dont list it here.

Thank goodness ebay seems to be on top of it, and did a great job dealing with this.
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:16 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Well it appears with the new year some people wanna make a fast buck by trying to rip us off, so I am going to implement a new rule in the thread.

All deals/posts from eBay must have AT LEAST 10 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS FROM MULTIPLE BUYERS, before you can list them in the thread.

If you want to buy an item with less than that 10 positive feedbacks, then its on you to take that risk, but please dont list it here.

Thank goodness ebay seems to be on top of it, and did a great job dealing with this.
Yep, I know some people don't like Ebay/PayPal, but they have a well developed infrastructure that provides redundant safety measures to protect buyers.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 02, 2011, 08:05 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
[QUOTE=Doubletap; I Immediately, CANCELED my PayPal payment. I would suggest everyone that ordered this thing, do the same immediately![/QUOTE]

My payment went through on the 30th. I'll let you guy's know how cool it is when I get it. Sent a email to the seller and asked for a tracking number when they ship.
nysom is offline Find More Posts by nysom
Old Jan 02, 2011, 08:09 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post

bulesz, last count I had was 207 between the 2 auctions. At $25.99AU each that's $5,379AU or $5,472US.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 08:18 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
My payment went through on the 30th. I'll let you guy's know how cool it is when I get it. Sent a email to the seller and asked for a tracking number when they ship.
Your payment went through on the scammer's 4-ch heli? Hummm ...
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 02, 2011, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Yea, I noticed all the listings were removed - I sent a fraud alert to ebay earlier. I have no idea if it was related but the postings were pulled within a few hours.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:24 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Yea, there was no record of the auction anywhere in my-ebay after they removed the auctions so I logged into paypal and I have a transaction id # with payment on 12/30. I have the name of the person that the money was paid to also.