SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblekit View Post
Flew my Parkzone Archer the other day in some strong winds for the first time. Probably 10-20 mph. Still flies smooth with the Hobby Eagle A3 Super II stabilizer. Rudder gain is too high and the tail "waggles" but only in the cross wind....

http://youtu.be/TqnPgMp1L9U
Good job Mr Marbles. Hey, was that another Archer flying around with you?
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
Joined Jun 2014
151 Posts
Of the planes ive flown, without doubt, the Archer has positively KICKED MY ASS! Mind you there is NOTHING wrong with this plane what so ever....it just seems like every other time I fly it....I do something REALLY DUMB! Last week I tried to fly it in a sorta tight area, got my head so wrapped around not clipping a row of trees after take off that as I made my turn, I simply scrubbed off too much speed, stalled it, snapped it, and put it straight into the ground from less than 40 feet!! Only damage was a broken prop....AMAZING! It still looks like an Archer......but it AINT the pretty Archer I once had Guess ill just keep on flyin!!!!!!
Bill Gibson is offline Find More Posts by Bill Gibson
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Joined Oct 2014
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosmosis View Post
Good job Mr Marbles. Hey, was that another Archer flying around with you?
That was a multiplex Fun Cub.... a much larger plane, 55 inch wingspan
marblekit is offline Find More Posts by marblekit
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
725 Posts
Nice flying Marblekit. I am so looking forward to my Lemon Rx stabilization now after seeing yours fly so smoothly in the wind. I ordered my Lemon Rx about 10 days ago, but I don't think it has shipped yet due to the Chinese new year celebration.

I got my archer out today for the first time since making the repairs, and like Marblekit, it was pretty windy and gusty, but I wanted to fly anyway, so what the heck. At one point I had the plane pretty close to me flying into the wind, and was giving almost full throttle and watching it more or less stand in one place Certainly made for some acrobatic flying and skills enhancement, but after flying helis in the same conditions many times, I have developed some good reflexes One thing I did make sure, was to keep the throttle pretty hammered most of the time, either because of trying to make headway into the wind, trying to outrun the wind when flying with it, or making sure there was plenty of authority when making turns. I was also careful not to bank the turns super heavy as I didn't want to have the wind catch the underside like before. One time the wind took it away pretty fast, and I ended up flying the furthest away I have ever flown I had a momentary thought that perhaps I might not be getting it back, but did manage, just was a little nervous afterward.

Here is proof of the my flying conditions
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
Of the planes ive flown, without doubt, the Archer has positively KICKED MY ASS! Mind you there is NOTHING wrong with this plane what so ever....it just seems like every other time I fly it....I do something REALLY DUMB! Last week I tried to fly it in a sorta tight area, got my head so wrapped around not clipping a row of trees after take off that as I made my turn, I simply scrubbed off too much speed, stalled it, snapped it, and put it straight into the ground from less than 40 feet!! Only damage was a broken prop....AMAZING! It still looks like an Archer......but it AINT the pretty Archer I once had Guess ill just keep on flyin!!!!!!
Try taking off and just keeping a steady half throttle or so and just using your right stick
Turn with Ailerons, control height with elevator
She's a gentle flyer that way
No tip stall if yo u keep throttle on and stay off the rudder
Add rudder to fine tune turns as you get used to it
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Today, 05:50 AM
Joined Jun 2014
151 Posts
Thanks foamyflyerr! Just gotta do a better job of keeping those things in mind when im flying this thing ......it really is a great flying plane, it just doesn't put up with laziness on my part at low airspeed...gotta keep er flyin! Especially at low altitude and landing!
Bill Gibson is offline Find More Posts by Bill Gibson
Old Today, 09:08 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,072 Posts
Quote:
Thanks foamyflyerr! Just gotta do a better job of keeping those things in mind when im flying this thing ......it really is a great flying plane, it just doesn't put up with laziness on my part at low airspeed...gotta keep er flyin! Especially at low altitude and landing!
Easy to get lazy with this one
She flies like she is on auto pilot so you get to feeling like it's gonna stay on track no matter what you do with the sticks
Once you get the feel of her then the next thing is to try and fly , land , and take her off as scale looking as you can.
That's were she really shines at as far as I am concerned.
Especially working your touch and goes.
Those have made me a better lander with all of the rest of the planes in my fleet as well.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Today, 10:56 AM
Flying Object Crash Tester
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jun 2013
304 Posts
Quote:
Don't feel bad, you came out better than I did. It was windy so I left my new TH Hellcat at home took the Archer out to try a new spot. Things went pretty good, but with the wind direction my landing area was only a 30' turn around at the end of the road. To much wind for me to cross wind it along the road.

Did pretty well over all, multiple takeoffs and landings, a few go arounds on approach when to close to the fire hydrant or to high. Some nice loops and rolls. Some stall turns both up and down wind, an inverted circuit Overall I'm feeling good. Battery timer telling me at 8 minutes so I'm bringing it in, nice angle going to set it down just as it crosses the edge of the pavement. Best approach yet!
Then the wind dies! Stall from about four feet with a tip dropping, cartwheel

One more broken prop, one more time I have to put the nose back on. Oh well, that's why I used the Archer, it wasn't the first time the nose has come off, and I'll be surprised if it is the last At least I didn't plow in the new airplane on it's maiden fligt. Those are the flying days that really suck!
kitetricks is offline Find More Posts by kitetricks
Old Today, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2014
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblekit View Post
Flew my Parkzone Archer the other day in some strong winds for the first time. Probably 10-20 mph. Still flies smooth with the Hobby Eagle A3 Super II stabilizer. Rudder gain is too high and the tail "waggles" but only in the cross wind....

http://youtu.be/TqnPgMp1L9U
I forgot to add that I upgraded the motor to a 2212, 1000kv and I'm running this Archer off a 3s LiPo instead of the stock 2 cell. Gives it a lot more punch in the wind!
marblekit is offline Find More Posts by marblekit