HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2015, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
For now, I'm just going to stick with the stock servo setup.
I do have another question. Most economy motors have a 16x19 bolt pattern. Is the firewall strong enough to extend the mounting holes? Or is a 19x19 most ideal?

I was thinking about setting up with This motor 16x19 Or use this motor 19x19 with a shaft reverse. Both are only $20. I'm planning to use 3s 1800- 2200 with 8x6 prop with either one.
I went with that Supo, with no trouble. I may have used a longer shaft for clearance.
The spinner I used wanted more.
The Fire powers I have do their job, but the Supo seems better in every respect.
No trouble with the fire wall mount at all.
Both Heads Up RC and Altitude Hobbies have been great.
Wamp is online now Find More Posts by Wamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2015, 06:52 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,089 Posts
Thanks. I could always get a shaft for a longer motor and cut it down, if need be. I have a Suppo (Powerup) 480 in another plane and the bearings have come sloppy after maybe 50 flights max. also the collar grub screws seem to strip at the threads easily (soft metal in the collar.)The motor is about 4-5 years old now. I know these are easily fixed or even upgradeable with other parts.
Any better bearing suppliers out there?
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
Thanks. I could always get a shaft for a longer motor and cut it down, if need be. I have a Suppo (Powerup) 480 in another plane and the bearings have come sloppy after maybe 50 flights max. also the collar grub screws seem to strip at the threads easily (soft metal in the collar.)The motor is about 4-5 years old now. I know these are easily fixed or even upgradeable with other parts.
Any better bearing suppliers out there?
Suppo and Power Ups are the same, wow,I did not know that.
Have both here , but none of the same size.
Disappointing to hear, after only fifty flights, bearings loosened up.
I do have an E Max here that is nice for the price, but it has not been used much yet. Omegas from 3D Hobby Shop are very nice, even as prices go. However they are generally wound for lower KVs. Think I saw bearings on the 3DHS site.
Good luck in your search.
Way back in this thread there is a list of power systems folks used.
Wamp is online now Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Feb 25, 2015, 02:25 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,089 Posts
Yeah, some of the powerups are suppo. The gold anodized ones. I think I will just get a new set of bearings form headsup. Not a big investment at $3 a set. Needs servos to buy anyway. I like the Emax servos and motors. I bought a large .25 size on a Magister and so far, so good. I have a small red 370 size one too on my wing and it has 100's of flights. Been using the 8g nylon and 12g metal micro analog servos from emax. Only issue ever was an early generation pair started to jitter on my dogfighter. Too bad emax motors won't work out easily for the CW.

I originally bought a Turnigy 1250kv D3536, but you can't reverse the shaft nor do the mounting holes line up. Seems just suppo or rimfire are only ones with 19x19 bolt pattern.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Feb 27, 2015, 09:51 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Apr 2006
480 Posts
I remember seeing a post some time ago where someone (probably reading this) added an axel between the two side of the main landing gear to stiffen it up and eliminate the bouncing. I'm just wondering if a different set of landing gear might do better - maybe something just a little stiffer. Anyone replaced the stock landing gear arms?
mark963 is offline Find More Posts by mark963
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
Dir. of Innovation at Alert 5
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2011
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark963 View Post
I remember seeing a post some time ago where someone (probably reading this) added an axel between the two side of the main landing gear to stiffen it up and eliminate the bouncing. I'm just wondering if a different set of landing gear might do better - maybe something just a little stiffer. Anyone replaced the stock landing gear arms?
The solid axle was awesome.... Really helped the "bounce" 200% on landings...
Demon 6 is offline Find More Posts by Demon 6