HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:35 PM
United States, CA, Meadow Vista
Joined May 2010
15 Posts
Discussion
Acro NAZE 32 flight mode question

I am setting up my Acro NAZE 32 and would like to know what the three Flight Mode positions do: Rate mode , Angle mode, Horizon mode.
Thank You!
PrimeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by PrimeFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2014, 03:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
3,489 Posts
The code on the Naze32 is a Port from MultiWii v2.3 code. So just study what MW code can do to learn.
There is also a Nasze32 for dummies thread here that have all those questions asked and answered so go read that thread.
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
Old Sep 30, 2014, 04:54 PM
United States, NJ, Edgewater Park
Joined Dec 2013
765 Posts
ACRO - Gyros only mode - sometimes called full-manual mode or acro mode - in this mode the gyros prevent disturbance from wind and turbulence but do NOT interfere with pilot inputs - its a crisp and responsive mode - absolute best mode for amazing flying

ARM - we recommend not arming by switch unless your running a Tricopter

ANGLE - - self leveling mode - activates the Accelerometer - Great for learning FPV and hovering. You can not Flip this mode- its a required mode for RTH or PTH

HORIZON - new multiWii mode - stable mode - so when the cyclic stick is near the centre the Acc is activated (self leveling) - but when you want to fly fast forward or even do Acrobatic flips and you push the cyclic controls toward the edges - then its gyros only
RC_Flying is offline Find More Posts by RC_Flying
Old Dec 10, 2014, 01:25 PM
Joined Nov 2014
4 Posts
How do you change the flight modes?

For Christmas I purchased a used quadcopter for my daughter. It did not come with any instructions or cables to connect to the transmitter or to the Nazze32 board. I would like to figure out how to change the Naze32 flight modes because I want to be sure it is in Angle, or whatever the easiest to fly mode is before I give her the controls. I am hopeful that it is just a switch selection on the radio, but I have no idea how to know which switch does what.

I have spent hours searching online but I cannot figure this thing out.

It came with a Taranis ACCST X9D radio that seems to work with the quadcopter, but this guy is extremely touchy! If I give the smallest input the quad shoots extremely fast that direction. Do I need to program expos in the radio? If so what should I start with for a beginner and then what for an intermediate?

Do I need to obtain a degree in computer programing and reprogram both the quad and the radio? We love flying all ouor other factory quadcopters we have but without changing something this “kit” type quad is not enjoyable to fly at all.
UofUDavid is offline Find More Posts by UofUDavid
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
3,489 Posts
Not really but it helps.
The Nase32 runs a port of MultiWii code so reading about MW will teach you a lot.
Read the Nase32 for Dummies thread and the Nase32 manual.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1653753

The advantage of BaseFlight (code that runs on the Nase32 Board) over MW code is that every thing is configurable (NOT programming) through either the BF config gui or the CLI interface. Google "Baseflight CLI" to learn about this

To TAME the copter down reduce the RC Rate (0.8), make the R/P Rate zero, and increase the RC Expo (0.65) are good settings. If it Yaws too fast then also decrease the YAW Rate. These are all adjusted in the BF conf gui. Do not adjust anything in the TX setup.
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
Last edited by waltr; Dec 10, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 06:47 AM
We were all noobs once
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofUDavid View Post
For Christmas I purchased a used quadcopter for my daughter. It did not come with any instructions or cables to connect to the transmitter or to the Nazze32 board. I would like to figure out how to change the Naze32 flight modes because I want to be sure it is in Angle, or whatever the easiest to fly mode is before I give her the controls. I am hopeful that it is just a switch selection on the radio, but I have no idea how to know which switch does what.

I have spent hours searching online but I cannot figure this thing out.

It came with a Taranis ACCST X9D radio that seems to work with the quadcopter, but this guy is extremely touchy! If I give the smallest input the quad shoots extremely fast that direction. Do I need to program expos in the radio? If so what should I start with for a beginner and then what for an intermediate?

Do I need to obtain a degree in computer programing and reprogram both the quad and the radio? We love flying all ouor other factory quadcopters we have but without changing something this “kit” type quad is not enjoyable to fly at all.
Watch this YouTube upload first-
Naze32 multirotor flight controller (part 1) (26 min 21 sec)

Upload the software/tools with Google chrome & as far as settings the factory settings are very forgiving so I'd suggest making sure you are actually using the default settings..
Genetics101 is online now Find More Posts by Genetics101