SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:57 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2008
306 Posts
New Product
Gopro protection for minis

Flying the mini quads can be really fun and you can get some wicked footage with Gopro, well at least until you crash. The new MINI Gopro box offers multiple layers of protection. The G10 cage itself will protect the exterior of the Gopro from extreme damage while the opening by the Gopro video port can actually help hold your video cable in, preventing those blackouts from loose cables.

Note: Lens protector not inluded

The case weighs 23g assembled and pieces together like a puzzle. You can use either CA or epoxy to glue the cage together. For securing the Gopro in the cage, the included rubber band raps around and attaches to the "T" on top of the case.

The case was designed to fit on a wide variety of frames. The MINI cage has a bolt pattern to accommodate any 3mm bolt, spacing between 1.7613" and 1.185" or roughly 45mm to 31mm. The Cage was initially designed to fit on the Turtle mini quad but works just as well on other minis.

Includes:
  • Rubber band
  • Microphone holes for clear audio
  • Button holes for WIFI and shutter
  • Live video port accessible

Price: $12 shipped CONUS
Payment via Paypal only. Credit cards will be accepted on my site in a few days.
For intl shipping please contact me.
noxnflame is offline Find More Posts by noxnflame
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by noxnflame; Aug 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:42 AM
United States, OH, Findlay
Joined Jan 2013
249 Posts
Sorry but I don't see how this offers any protection at all. All I see it doing is keeping the gopro from getting a scratch.
Dubbin1 is offline Find More Posts by Dubbin1
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:33 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2008
306 Posts
So what the box offers is not only a way of protecting the Gopro during a crash, but it helps to secure the Gopro more permanently onto the mini. The old standard was to Velcro strap your Gopro onto your mini but there were multiple things wrong with this method. The strap could always come loose and the video port wasn't accessible.

-Though scratching the Gopro lens is terrible, it isn't the only way to destroy a Gopro camera. Because I wasn't using my case, I shattered the front LCD screen due to the Gopro fling off. The case allows a more permanent mounting point to the mini as well as a level of style.
-With the old Velcro way of mounting, in a crash, the Gopro will fly and if you run video out, the cable will stretch and tug at the USB port on the camera, I have pulled so many traces inside of the Gopro because uf a yanked cord. This case helps hold the cabl;e in and helps hold the Gopro to the mini. Plus, Velcro never looks good

This was the crash that kick started the Mini cage project. Front Gopro panel popped off, ripped USB traces, and scratches all over.
noxnflame is offline Find More Posts by noxnflame
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread