Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:41 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineroo View Post
Hello,

1. What is the reason that B-lens has the ir-filter in front of the lens?
2. Knows someone the fixed aperture of the different lenses? Would be interesting to calculate depth of field with "dofmaster".

Thank you, rhineroo
For your second question, the EXIF metadata for a still image says f2.8. That's with a B lens, but it may be just encoded with the Novatek package. My #20 with an A lens is also f2.8.

Let us know what dofmaster gives
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:04 PM
low'n'slow is the way to go
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Tom. I have to say, your a saint for putting up with all the bull $h!t from this thread alone. Either that or you drink a lot to make it through the day!

Round of applause for Tom Frank and all other OP's who continue to support threads of this caliber. You guys deal with far to much crap for nothing in return. Thanks, honestly. Even throughout all the bs and redundant questions, threads like these really do help a lot of people.

Keep up the good work!
DeepEastKilla is offline Find More Posts by DeepEastKilla
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:17 AM
Australia, NSW, Maroubra
Joined Mar 2008
48 Posts
guys i dont have time to read 800+ pages of txt so can someone tell me how to connect and operate this camera...I have done all connections with no problem but still have no video signal to my Fatsharks googles....Help please
Cableguy0_9 is offline Find More Posts by Cableguy0_9
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:25 AM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
As you can see in the link, is from ebay. Here is a searh. My advice is to buy with high amperage like the one from my previous link which is 2.5A. From the pictures (look here again) I saw the green PCB is 2.5A and the red ones are less.
Output voltage is 5V. Charging voltage for the power pack is also 5V.

Rechargeable batteries can be something like these.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks a lot mtz.

Please help me out on below too

1. Can i record video while connecting the camera to the battery pack. (in other words can i connect the camera to the battery pack and activate recording to get longer recording time)

2. How long i can record video with the type of battery shown in ur battery pack (i use 32GB TF card) (http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...220_002607.jpg)

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...220_002607.jpg

3. Which type of rechargeable battery (specification please) u recommend which is safe and will not damage the battery pack or the camera.
Ajithkumarc is offline Find More Posts by Ajithkumarc
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:15 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
587 Posts
1. Yes. The battery pack will provide the power and when the 808 internal battery is full the camera will use only the power from the pack.
2. I didn't tested it for full discharging yet, but maybe some user will tell you based on some calculations. But if the recording time is greater than 32GB card capacity (10 hours of recording) is not important if more than 10 hours power available because the card will be full.
3. I bought the Trustfire like these (about $13/pair). Also you can see many details in my picture because the position of batteries are different to show all things wrote on them.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:07 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
To the forum moderators.

Thank you for removing posts objecting to an individuals unsuitable behaviour.

Now what about addressing the problems caused by that behaviour... off topic posting, miss-leading information and posting in such a way that the content is meaningless ?

Having challenged our response to this unsuitable behaviour then how about getting off your perch and checking out the posts submitted by "fishycomics" ? Some action to moderate the forum so it stays true to purpose would be appreciated !

If you are going to "police" the forum then please do it even handedly !
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:13 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableguy0_9 View Post
guys i dont have time to read 800+ pages of txt so can someone tell me how to connect and operate this camera...I have done all connections with no problem but still have no video signal to my Fatsharks googles....Help please
First are you sure you have the v2 camera? v1 didn't have video out.
Second have you activated video out function? it comes default with video out disabled as it consumes more battery if not needed for regular recording.
Video out can be enabled manually with the text file but I would recommend using one of the very handy tools that have been developed specifically for this camera. Look at the first few posts for details of these.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:26 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
To the forum moderators.

Thank you for removing posts objecting to an individuals unsuitable behaviour.

Now what about addressing the problems caused by that behaviour... off topic posting, miss-leading information and posting in such a way that the content is meaningless ?

Having challenged our response to this unsuitable behaviour then how about getting off your perch and checking out the posts submitted by "fishycomics" ? Some action to moderate the forum so it stays true to purpose would be appreciated !

If you are going to "police" the forum then please do it even handedly !
agreed - the Moderators are trying to make the problem go away by hiding the complaints, not by castigating the person who is causing the problem in the 1st place .
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:30 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Post removed.
By a "roundabout" method the problem was made to go away.
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Last edited by sparklet; Jan 03, 2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Problem resolved
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
1. Yes. The battery pack will provide the power and when the 808 internal battery is full the camera will use only the power from the pack.
2. I didn't tested it for full discharging yet, but maybe some user will tell you based on some calculations. But if the recording time is greater than 32GB card capacity (10 hours of recording) is not important if more than 10 hours power available because the card will be full.
3. I bought the Trustfire like these (about $13/pair). Also you can see many details in my picture because the position of batteries are different to show all things wrote on them.

When i record video using #16 camera, it gets heated up just after 10-15 mins of recording. So if i continue recording hours of video, will my camera gets burned off or catch fire due to the heat.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableguy0_9 View Post
Read post 1 -4 first,
Read manual that the seller emailed to you with the camera.
Hook up the camera to a PC and load the GUI software.
Set the video out to on and select NTSC or PAL and correct aspect ratio.

You should find it will then work. If it does not, post back with a copy of your config file and then we will have some idea what you are talking about.
Saying "I have no video signal" does not really give us a lot to go on now does it.

VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:22 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajithkumarc View Post
When i record video using #16 camera, it gets heated up just after 10-15 mins of recording. So if i continue recording hours of video, will my camera gets burned off or catch fire due to the heat.
They do get warm, but that normal. Have you a thermometer, do you have a temperature readout or something actual to show the problem.
I've never heard of one catching fire though, If your does please be sure to let us know.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:01 AM
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
They do get warm, but that normal. Have you a thermometer, do you have a temperature readout or something actual to show the problem.
I've never heard of one catching fire though, If your does please be sure to let us know.
i am planning to use this camera as a surveillance system by activating motion detection and connecting cam into an external battery pack so that i can keep it on for atleast 10 hrs continuously . I dont want to get it over heated and damaged due to long hours of usage. Thats y i am asking all these questions
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:19 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajithkumarc View Post
i am planning to use this camera as a surveillance system by activating motion detection and connecting cam into an external battery pack so that i can keep it on for atleast 10 hrs continuously . I dont want to get it over heated and damaged due to long hours of usage. Thats y i am asking all these questions
They do get warm, warmer than most domiestic equipment, but HOT is a rather vague term, can you get an actual temperature reading?
(A case temperature of 50 degrees C should be ok but not much more)
If the camera is placed where the air can flow freely around it, it should reach a stable temperature, because the hotter it gets (relative to the air in the ?room? ) the faster the heat is convected away. (I think it is Boyles law or something like that)
Many Aeromuddlers own an inexpensive IR thermometer, and I find mine is useful all round the house
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Jan 02, 2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: fumble fingers
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Royal Tunbridge Wells
Joined Dec 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
Moderator please note....

From the rules.....

Trolling (Obnoxious behavior) The post is designed to annoy other users, inflate the post count of the author, describe or recommend an illegal or recklessly dangerous activity, or give advice that, if followed, would cause obvious harm.

Trolling (Provocation) The post contains content which is designed to elicit an emotional response from other users.

My post, which you have hidden, was not in contravention of either of those 2 rules. It was intended to challenge and point out the fact that a certain person was constantly abusing the intended purpose of this thread. The aim was to, hopefully, get that person to submit posts that were relevant and readable.

You have received complaints about this person and their constant contravention of the threads purpose. Did you leap into action so quickly then ?

I would have been more impressed if you had taken some action to ensure that the intent of the thread and it's undoubted benefit to others was maintained.

Your perceived lack of even handedness and failure to moderate the thread equitably will, no doubt, result in it being removed and taken elsewhere.

If people can post totally irrelevant material on a thread then what is the purpose of a moderator ? We might as well just have a free for all where anything goes.... or perhaps we do.... unless it's criticism of non-relevant posting !
I concur with your sentiments entirely.
Sam234 is offline Find More Posts by Sam234