SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:17 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
Ok here is a video of my first attempt at recording, editing and posting a video... Flight time less then three min. editing time less then 3hrs the on-board camera is my key cam #16 d lens. ohh.. this is a maiden flight ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkef5FNOQs&feature=plcp
Considering all the "first time" events on this production... well done! The video duration nicely kept the scenes from being repetitive, and nice maiden flight as well.

I'd like to see what the video looks like without the "de-shake" filtering that is evident with the "dancing landing gear and black border". It's just a personal preference thing, though. I find the artifacts from deshaking of aerial video usually worse than the native video itself. But that's just me! Nice first efforts!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:52 PM
BDM
Joined Jan 2005
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
How long does yours run before it shuts down, and what is your external power source? It should keep shooting stills until the memory card is full, the power source is insufficient, or you manually shut it off. Unless... something else is going on with yours.
I'm testing with a bench supply with plenty of current, dialed in to 5.00 volts. It takes 2 or 3 pictures, then shuts off. But it will shoot a movie as long as I want. I will try a second bench supply tomorrow.
BDM is offline Find More Posts by BDM
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:29 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM View Post
I'm testing with a bench supply with plenty of current, dialed in to 5.00 volts. It takes 2 or 3 pictures, then shuts off. But it will shoot a movie as long as I want. I will try a second bench supply tomorrow.
Do you have the auto-shutoff function toggled OFF? If you used the latest GUI to set the parameters, it should toggle off the Auto-shutoff fro you. If it's on, the camera will shut down when it times out.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:02 AM
BDM
Joined Jan 2005
5 Posts
Quote:
Do you have the auto-shutoff function toggled OFF? If you used the latest GUI to set the parameters, it should toggle off the Auto-shutoff fro you. If it's on, the camera will shut down when it times out.
Yes, when the GUI set the interval, it disabled the auto-shutoff.
BDM is offline Find More Posts by BDM
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:06 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM View Post
Yes, when the GUI set the interval, it disabled the auto-shutoff.
Hmmmm... other than a memory card issue (which isn't likely if the camera shoots video OK), there's not much else that could cause this. I think I'd re-install the latest FW just to be sure there's no corrupted code.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:09 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
A short test clip with my #16 D lens

I finally got some AV with the D lens. I'm not wowed by it with the extreme fisheye distortion in this sample clip. But it handled the setting sun lighting about a good as can be expected from this camera. My focus might be made a bit better... haven't tried that with it yet. Here's the Vimeo clip (best viewed on Vimeo site in full screen with "scaling" turn off):
Backyard Eagle Flight (1 min 57 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
Connector 808#16

Hello

Super Video especially for landing compliment

It is difficult to remove the connector from the lipo manufacturer can it change the vertical connector as pictured???
thank you

Rubis
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:47 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Tom,

Are you (legally) allowed to fly over your local neighborhood like, that and high high were you - above 300ft or does the lens just make it look like about 500ft?
The town is is very nice, neat and pretty, it almost looks like a fake prefab setup for ground zero nuke testing site!

Rubis,

Is that how the battery connector comes mounted or did you modify it to suit your needs.
I only opened my #16 once when I first got it (about this time last year) and can't remember how the connector was mounted and I'm too lazy to open it up again to do a comparison.
So I'm not quite sure what your question is. I think I saw in one of Tom's or ISO's or Comic's? video's that the PCB had to removed to be able to unplug the battery, so I'm guessing that's what you are getting at?

-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:04 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Tom ,

Is it possible to put a poll in the forum thread asking which is everyone's favourite video editor is for the #16 (and/or #11).

Because as well as those you suggest in post #3 (editors, converters etc) and over the course of the thread's 736 pages (11033 posts) many others have been mentioned as peoples favorites. Quite often I download demo versions but have never settled on one in particular.
I would be curious to know which one get's voted as the best/preferred by readers of the thread, perhaps if you could make a list of say 5 or 6 of the one's YOU currently prefer/use most often.

Also now that Motion Detect and Time Lapse are included, that might effect which editor is best/preferred now that those functions have to be considered when editing.

Or is my idea completely pointless because different editors are used depending on what you actually want to achieve with the finished video.
(And perhaps the fact that Polls can't be put on thread - I dunno if they can or not!!)

-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Tom ,
Or is my idea completely pointless because different editors are used depending on what you actually want to achieve with the finished video.

-B!LL!
Yes.....

(also depends on the depth of your pocket as to which editor you might want to buy.)
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Rubis,

Is that how the battery connector comes mounted or did you modify it to suit your needs.
I only opened my #16 once when I first got it (about this time last year) and can't remember how the connector was mounted and I'm too lazy to open it up again to do a comparison.
So I'm not quite sure what your question is. I think I saw in one of Tom's or ISO's or Comic's? video's that the PCB had to removed to be able to unplug the battery, so I'm guessing that's what you are getting at?

-B!LL!
The battery connector in the #16 is mounted horizontally, so Rubis modified his connector to vertical. When I remove the battery I always first remove the board, so a vertical connector would be advantageous, as Rubis pointed out.

People who are not used to handling tiny screws will often over tighten the #16 screws, so I can see why Rubis pointed this out.

Since the developer monitors this thread, I'm sure he'll have taken note of Rubis' post for consideration.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:45 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,961 Posts
Quote:
I finally got some AV with the D lens. I'm not wowed by it with the extreme fisheye distortion in this sample clip. But it handled the setting sun lighting about a good as can be expected from this camera. My focus might be made a bit better... haven't tried that with it yet.
Tom, I started a vimeo account. What did you upload your vid as? MP4? MOV? or AVI? There seems to be a lot of loss in my vids when I upload them. Thanks
Doug

This arrived today so camera will be well used...
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:55 AM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Tom ,

I would be curious to know which one get's voted as the best/preferred by readers of the thread, perhaps if you could make a list of say 5 or 6 of the one's YOU currently prefer/use most often.

(And perhaps the fact that Polls can't be put on thread - I dunno if they can or not!!)

-B!LL!
My editors are not fancy but they are almost within my skill range.
I use AVS Video remaker just to cut useless material and remake the vid, and AVS Video Editor if I want to do add ins and transitions etc.

Cheers
Doug
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:17 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Tom, I started a vimeo account. What did you upload your vid as? MP4? MOV? or AVI? There seems to be a lot of loss in my vids when I upload them. Thanks
Doug
Vimeo recommended settings.
http://vimeo.com/help/compression
I personally find 5000kbs MP4 gives the best on both Vimeo and Youtube, however you will NEVER get the original quality of video.
Both use compression after you upload.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,961 Posts
Thanks VK. Obviously just upload the best you've got. I have saved that page to favourites for future reference.
Cheers
Doug