to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:30 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktumbler View Post
Any interest in me working my way through the 12 plans in the book 'Flying Scale Models of WW11'.
Absolutely!!!!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined May 2008
84 Posts
Thought I'd better check and make certain I'm not wasting my time. Oops, there all on the Outerzone site.
locktumbler is online now Find More Posts by locktumbler
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:10 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Thought I'd better check and make certain I'm not wasting my time. Oops, there all on the Outerzone site.
Hi Locktumbler,

Yes please! It's the photos that I really want. I believe I have all the plans, and I have started doing OCR on all the text I have, but what I do not have is good clear copies of the photos.

For an example of why your pics would help, see here - http://www.outerzone.co.uk/books/dis...ok=3&chapter=1

Your scanned pages are perfect for me. Would make my day if you said you felt like doing all the other chapters exactly like that. Then I can go through and replace all the photos with good copies.

Steve

Edit, just a note on scanning - don't want to seem too picky, but some of the photos at the moment show a watermark of the print from the other side of the page, showing through. Might be worth trying some other setting on your the scanner, or maybe using a black cover ontop of the paper, to try and cut down on this? Just a thought. Better to say that at the beginning than after a few days worth of scanning
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Last edited by WMD; Nov 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: note on scanning
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined May 2008
84 Posts
SteveWMD,
Can do on the rest of the book. I see what you mean about the print from the other page showing through, I'll try some things. This and the SC 049 plans(its me AW), busy busy. I've got the whole of RCM&E from start to now, lots of Radio Modellers from the early 70's to the end, AMI, Model Flyer, Aeromodeller, Silent Flight, Flying Scale Models, Radio Control Model World, Electric Flight etc and lots of books, annuals pamphlets etc. Thought I'd get some of this stuff out there as I'm not getting any younger. Things may slow down a lot as one of my dogs is due to give birth to four pups in 10 days or so.
Regards, Allan.
PS Scan was 300dpi do you want it up'ed?
Last edited by locktumbler; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
185 Posts
[QUOTE=locktumbler;23308228]SteveWMD,
I've got the whole of RCM&E from start to now, lots of Radio Modellers from the early 70's to the end, AMI, Model Flyer, Aeromodeller, Silent Flight, Flying Scale Models, Radio Control Model World, Electric Flight etc and lots of books, annuals pamphlets etc. Thought I'd get some of this stuff out there as I'm not getting any younger. QUOTE]

What a useful chap...you will be most welcome to post any that you can...hope the dog birth goes OK.

Regards

Bridon
Bridon is offline Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,339 Posts
Quote:
RCM&E from start to now, lots of Radio Modellers from the early 70's to the end, AMI, Model Flyer, Aeromodeller, Silent Flight, Flying Scale Models, Radio Control Model World, Electric Flight etc and lots of books, annuals pamphlets etc.
Some of those publications are still alive and kicking, so start with older stuff that is no longer available from the original source.

... what kind of dogs do you have?
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Last edited by perttime; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:12 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
SteveWMD,
I've got the whole of RCM&E from start to now, lots of Radio Modellers from the early 70's to the end, AMI, Model Flyer, Aeromodeller, Silent Flight, Flying Scale Models, Radio Control Model World, Electric Flight etc and lots of books, annuals pamphlets etc. Things may slow down a lot as one of my dogs is due to give birth to four pups in 10 days or so.
Regards, Allan.
Allan,

I look forward to the early RCME and Radio Modeller scans. There were certainly some interesting models done then but I've lost the majority of the magazines that I had in my travels. Best of luck with the dogs.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined May 2008
84 Posts
Copyright? Surely its only a problem if there is any financial gain involved?
Did have 5, GSD - he died from hemangiosarcoma aged 9 on 16/12/09, collie - he died from prostate cancer aged 11 on 1/7/12, tibetan terrier - he died 1/11/12 aged 12 from liver cancer. Just the two yorkies left. Bailey 6 year old dog and bella 41/2 year old pregnant bitch. She's just too big to be a tea cup yorkie @ 6lb. Bailey is over twice her size @ 13lb. Last scan showed 4 pups so we're a bit concerned comes the birth due to possible size of pups. So, off to the vets again Wednesdy morning. Hey Ho, got to spend the money somewhere. Dont need any more aeromodelling stuff my 5th bedroom/store is cramed and my 4th(hobby room) I can hardly move in there!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,244 Posts
Quote:
SteveWMD,
Can do on the rest of the book. I see what you mean about the print from the other page showing through, I'll try some things. This and the SC 049 plans(its me AW), busy busy. I've got the whole of RCM&E from start to now, lots of Radio Modellers from the early 70's to the end, AMI, Model Flyer, Aeromodeller, Silent Flight, Flying Scale Models, Radio Control Model World, Electric Flight etc and lots of books, annuals pamphlets etc. Thought I'd get some of this stuff out there as I'm not getting any younger. Things may slow down a lot as one of my dogs is due to give birth to four pups in 10 days or so.
Regards, Allan.
Hi Allan - small world, eh? That's great, if you can add scanning the book to your to-do list. As far as scan resolution goes, 300dpi is fine with me, that's all I need. Hope everything goes well.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:12 PM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,339 Posts
It isn't really quite that simple but let's not go deeper into it.
Last edited by perttime; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: should have used a PM instead
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
619 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhh!
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Last edited by kkphantom; Nov 20, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:17 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,339 Posts
A couple of peanut scale plans that have been floating around the internet:

Seafire Mk.47
Tsunami (the air racer)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:33 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,339 Posts
Might as well add a fuzzy copy of a Seafire 47 scale drawing. Looks like it is made by Fred Spring of Australia. I believe he is no longer with us and I have not been able to locate a source for better quality copies.