SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
fredmdbud's Avatar
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd-dem View Post
I believe a 2800kv is a good 5s motor for most any fan other than the CS! From what I understand the blade count of the CS (10) requires stronger/lower kv motors to be efficient. I have test flown mine (Het 2W-25 2720kv) on 4s and it's a "pleasure".
Some important differences:

Het 2W-25 2720kv is an inrunner - inrunners generally draw less current than outrunners at the same RPM, generate less torque and is more efficient at higher RPM's.

Het 2W-25 2720kv is rated at 1100W with a 6S battery - has no problem when derated at 4S. The HK motor is iffy, in my opinion,

Throw the setup on a wattmeter and see what it pulls from the battery ...
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:13 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Orange Park
Joined Jul 2010
229 Posts
OK, put the watt meter( Turnigy) on my F-18 today with a Skylipo 4s 40c 3000mah batt she pulled a peak of 68 amps and 1100 watts and settled to 63 amps and 1023 watts WOT for around 10sec. I forgot to watch the volts, sorry. In any event I fly for 4min and land with 3.8v to 3.7v per cell across the board and the batt is just warm. The motor is a HET 2W-20 with an 80amp Hobby-wing pro esc. Stock fan and Skyworld aluminum shroud.
3rd-dem is offline Find More Posts by 3rd-dem
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
Progress with the process...
M3ATpl0w's Avatar
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd-dem View Post
I have test flown mine (Het 2W-25 2720kv) on 4s and it's a "pleasure".
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:02 AM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
I got a l2855 2100 but i went with the Eflite bl15 bc the turnigy motor is rated at 42a and i think thats gonna be a little too low with the CS....i have heard of the bl15 on the CS fan but i got it on the eflite fan and its balanced already so i am going this route first. if i get crazy i may switch the eflite over to the CS later...

By the way, i am not home and looking at batteries online...anyone have the measurement for the battery bay available?
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:36 AM
John
jk671's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
here u go

Exceed RC F/A-18 edf jet repaired, failed landing! (5 min 0 sec)
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:40 PM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
will a few of you do me a favor and let me know the weight of your plane as it flies? thanks guys!
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Flew my F-18 (bellylander) with new CS fan and I was quite pleased with the performance. Improved thrust,speed & sound. I will be using CS fans in all my 70mm EDFs.
will3kgt is online now Find More Posts by will3kgt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:42 PM
Progress with the process...
M3ATpl0w's Avatar
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3kgt View Post
Flew my F-18 (bellylander) with new CS fan and I was quite pleased with the performance. Improved thrust,speed & sound. I will be using CS fans in all my 70mm EDFs.
Video, or it didnt happen!
Which motor did you go with?
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:15 PM
Registered User
will3kgt's Avatar
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w View Post
Video, or it didnt happen!
Which motor did you go with?
Since when? Trust me, I wish I had video of that flight. I used a 3000KV motor.
It was well worth the switch from an RC Lander fan (Which I have vids of BTW)
will3kgt is online now Find More Posts by will3kgt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
Go Sabres!
savall21's Avatar
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
I got a l2855 2100 but i went with the Eflite bl15 bc the turnigy motor is rated at 42a and i think thats gonna be a little too low with the CS....i have heard of the bl15 on the CS fan but i got it on the eflite fan and its balanced already so i am going this route first. if i get crazy i may switch the eflite over to the CS later...

By the way, i am not home and looking at batteries online...anyone have the measurement for the battery bay available?
What setup will you be using with the BL-15? (battery, ESC). I curious how many minutes of flight time you will get and the amps.
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Orange Park
Joined Jul 2010
229 Posts
W 3000mah 4s lipo and 450mah 3s lipo (bec) = 1253 grams/ 44.20 oz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
will a few of you do me a favor and let me know the weight of your plane as it flies? thanks guys!
3rd-dem is offline Find More Posts by 3rd-dem
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:04 AM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21 View Post
What setup will you be using with the BL-15? (battery, ESC). I curious how many minutes of flight time you will get and the amps.
I will be running it in the E-Flite delta v fan (possibly try the CS later) and i am gonna run 2 2s 3300mah 30c in series. (4s 3300mah 30c) may later bump up to a 5s and add a 3s battery to the equation for the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd-dem View Post
W 3000mah 4s lipo and 450mah 3s lipo (bec) = 1253 grams/ 44.20 oz.
Thanks!
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:50 AM
Go Sabres!
savall21's Avatar
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
I will be running it in the E-Flite delta v fan (possibly try the CS later) and i am gonna run 2 2s 3300mah 30c in series. (4s 3300mah 30c) may later bump up to a 5s and add a 3s battery to the equation for the series.



Thanks!
Cool. Let me know what the performance is like and how much flight time you get.
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:55 PM
Defender of the park sky
Ispintechno's Avatar
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
I will be running it in the E-Flite delta v fan (possibly try the CS later) and i am gonna run 2 2s 3300mah 30c in series. (4s 3300mah 30c) may later bump up to a 5s and add a 3s battery to the equation for the series.



Thanks!
Have no good way to weigh my plane or I'd throw you some figures too.
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
Registered User
Blasturbator's Avatar
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined May 2011
84 Posts
ok another question for motor and CS10 fan
Tacon 2858-2618kv
4S 30C
Vm: 15.00
Ap: 60.00
Ws: 778.0
Thrust(kg): 1.47*
g/w: 1.89
Any good?
Blasturbator is offline Find More Posts by Blasturbator
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New! $129 Nitro Planes Rc Landers 70MM F-16D EDF Jet With Retracts FlyBoyTha1 Foamy EDFs 49 Jun 20, 2009 05:58 PM
Discussion Starmax/Exceed RC/Topgun F18-C 70mm what Fan does it use? Stuart B Foamy EDFs 0 May 16, 2009 12:39 PM
New Product New!!! Exceed RC F-22 Raptor 70mm Ducted Fan RC Jet nitroplanes Nitro Planes 9 Apr 19, 2009 08:06 AM
Cool *** UPDATE *** New Version 2 70mm Exceed RC F/A-18C EDF Jet + NEW MOD VIDEO nitroplanes Nitro Planes 2 Mar 20, 2009 05:57 PM