SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by schumixmd
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
2,059 Posts
The resistor mod only affects the white level of the Overlaid information, not the whole image, which means that if you're satisfied with how visible the information is on the screen at the moment in the bright days, then you don't have to bother with that. Remember - don't fix it if it works.

New units with black metal top has the 330 resistor, which is almost half. If Charles decided still to have a 330 resistor instead of just shorting the pads(that would save 0.01$/unit) then the difference between 0 ohms and 330 shouldn't be noticeable and once again, I would not fix it.

I am flying new units without the mod, and feel the same comfortable as with older unit with mod.
schumixmd is online now Find More Posts by schumixmd
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by hotrod5607
HEADS UP!!
United States, CO, Gunnison
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd View Post
MFD AP does not support S.bus. You have to set your Dragonlink RX to output PPM.
Thanks! I didn't realize it didn't like sbus. I also don't understand why it worked on the bench, then sat for 2 weeks, then didn't work...
hotrod5607 is offline Find More Posts by hotrod5607
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod5607 View Post
Thanks! I didn't realize it didn't like sbus. I also don't understand why it worked on the bench, then sat for 2 weeks, then didn't work...
Most probably you have your micro rx set up as Sbus on one channel and ppm on another.
While plane was sitting on your bench, a mouse or cat came and changed the connection from one channel to another.
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by RCnator
Joined Jan 2014
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd View Post
The resistor mod only affects the white level of the Overlaid information, not the whole image, which means that if you're satisfied with how visible the information is on the screen at the moment in the bright days, then you don't have to bother with that. Remember - don't fix it if it works.

New units with black metal top has the 330 resistor, which is almost half. If Charles decided still to have a 330 resistor instead of just shorting the pads(that would save 0.01$/unit) then the difference between 0 ohms and 330 shouldn't be noticeable and once again, I would not fix it.

I am flying new units without the mod, and feel the same comfortable as with older unit with mod.
If the mod indeed only affects the white level of the overlaid information I might as well enable Black edge. Thanks. In post 1558 the mod doesn't seem to add any black edges to ladders anyway.
RCnator is offline Find More Posts by RCnator
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by Bill0
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,247 Posts
Quick question if I may.. the last two flight's I've, had upon landing I noticed there was no Data telling me the max altitude, speed, distance and such. I was sure I had that information on the flights before, but it has been some time since I last flew it.

Have i got to go turn something on to get this, or did it ever have it, or have I confused this with another OSD/AP? I've just gone all thru the manual again and could have missed something.

Thanks.........Bill
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
6,037 Posts
It's in one of the menus and you have to go in to see the flight data manually. (Forget which one now)It would be more convened for it to pop up once the ap knows you have landed. Like some other osds do. Like the dragon osd for example.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by Bill0
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
It's in one of the menus and you have to go in to see the flight data manually. (Forget which one now)It would be more convened for it to pop up once the ap knows you have landed. Like some other osds do. Like the dragon osd for example.
Thanks.. Storm and RVOSD pop up at the end of the flight.. Oh well
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
6,037 Posts
Maybe C well add that to the list for 1.18 is there is anything in making of a new FW. Wonder how there doing... I emailed them last week no reply yet. Why have a customer service email when you don't reply. It was just about the motor that $ Hit to bed NIP. Glad i got it from RMRC and they took care of it the next day. I want to thanks C and them for carrying MFD products. I told him RMRC well more then likely take care of me, so i guess thats why he never replied...

Also i enabled the black edges, and it seems to be fine for me. Reason i asked if that mod was something newer APs should have done etc...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Yesterday at 11:58 PM.
Old Today, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Joined Oct 2011
1,149 Posts
I'm bench testing an MFD AP unit without the current sensor attached.

I'm running everything off of 1 x 3S lipo: MFD AP, VTX and camera from the AP, 5V UBEC running the RX, with the PPM link from the RX supplying 5V to the servos through the AP.

I'm seeing 20V on the voltage reading on the OSD. Tweaking the V1 calibration setting cranks this up or down a little bit, but it stays up there.

Obviously when running properly the V1 reading should be no higher than 12.6V.

Is it normal to see a 20V V1 reading on a unit that has no current sensor attached?
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Old Today, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by baddb1
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
I'm bench testing an MFD AP unit without the current sensor attached.

I'm running everything off of 1 x 3S lipo: MFD AP, VTX and camera from the AP, 5V UBEC running the RX, with the PPM link from the RX supplying 5V to the servos through the AP.

I'm seeing 20V on the voltage reading on the OSD. Tweaking the V1 calibration setting cranks this up or down a little bit, but it stays up there.

Obviously when running properly the V1 reading should be no higher than 12.6V.

Is it normal to see a 20V V1 reading on a unit that has no current sensor attached?
The MFD gets the pack voltage from the current sensor leads so that is probably the norm if you are disconnected...
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Today, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by tpalshadow
4ever newb
United States, IA, Mason City
Joined Sep 2013
365 Posts
Hey all, I have 2 outstanding issues with this outstanding autopilot:

1.) A while ago I reduced the Roll-P by two to try and help with drift on launch, which it did not, it still rolls/drifts badly to the left, but it flies, so I'm going to leave that be.

I then noticed bad snaking on Alt-H and RTH. So I bumped Roll-P back up 1 reduced Cruise-P by 1 (currently now at 2). The snaking is still there and it's really bad. I suppose I should take the Roll-P back up 1 and bring the Cruise-P all the way down to 1? Any other suggestions? Other than the snaking it seems to fly great.

2.) Airspeed sensor. This thing is driving me crazy. The other day I got a flight in when it was DEAD calm. I reset the current sensor before the flight and no matter the altitude or direction it was always 10 mph SLOWER than ground speed. This isn't a big deal, but it runs my motor at a higher speed than I would like, around 75% throttle. I have also noticed, if I reset the airspeed sensor and let the unit sit on the ground, out of the wind for a few minutes it will start showing around 10 mph of speed...while it is sitting in calm air. Any ideas on that?
tpalshadow is online now Find More Posts by tpalshadow
Old Today, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Joined Oct 2011
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
The MFD gets the pack voltage from the current sensor leads so that is probably the norm if you are disconnected...
Seeing as the MFD AP has a built in 20V max power switching unit, it's not surprising, and seems likely that that the phantom reading I've been getting is, as you say, normal under the circumstances.

Thank you!
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Old Today, 02:33 PM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalshadow View Post
Hey all, I have 2 outstanding issues with this outstanding autopilot:

1.) A while ago I reduced the Roll-P by two to try and help with drift on launch, which it did not, it still rolls/drifts badly to the left, but it flies, so I'm going to leave that be.

I then noticed bad snaking on Alt-H and RTH. So I bumped Roll-P back up 1 reduced Cruise-P by 1 (currently now at 2). The snaking is still there and it's really bad. I suppose I should take the Roll-P back up 1 and bring the Cruise-P all the way down to 1? Any other suggestions? Other than the snaking it seems to fly great.

2.) Airspeed sensor. This thing is driving me crazy. The other day I got a flight in when it was DEAD calm. I reset the current sensor before the flight and no matter the altitude or direction it was always 10 mph SLOWER than ground speed. This isn't a big deal, but it runs my motor at a higher speed than I would like, around 75% throttle. I have also noticed, if I reset the airspeed sensor and let the unit sit on the ground, out of the wind for a few minutes it will start showing around 10 mph of speed...while it is sitting in calm air. Any ideas on that?
1. I think Coyote have mentioned. Your snaking is due to too high Cruise D.
You can watch one of my first videos about MFD where I've mentioned the same thing.
Old Today, 02:39 PM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
Seeing as the MFD AP has a built in 20V max power switching unit, it's not surprising, and seems likely that that the phantom reading I've been getting is, as you say, normal under the circumstances.

Thank you!
The voltage sensing pin is not pulled up or down, therefore it floats in the air and may read what it want if the CS is not connected, but it has nothing to do with switching unit. Mine is reading 13-15v when powered without CS.