SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by kayjm10
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Help!
Motor keeps beeping and won't rotate while my servos are fine.

Guys i need help with my motor. Its seems that everything else works just fine with the servos. My connection on my esc to the motor, i tried all the conbinations.
ESC: Black , RED , RED.
Motor: Black, RED , Blue.
I am new in the RC world and really would appreciate from any help.

I list the details of the equipments below.
Battery, 800mAH 2S 7.4v , 30C
Motor : Sunnysky x2212-9 kv:1400
esc: detrum , 12 a (5-12 NC/24 LiXX)
Transmitter ( K-7X II , KDS model)

when i plug in the battery, ther will be 3 beeps and followed by continuous single beep. My servos are all okay. My throttle stick is all the way down when i start and slowly moving it up seems like there is no response. My motor sometimes will have a jerk following the beep. GUYS PLEASE HELP mE
thanks !!
kayjm10 is offline Find More Posts by kayjm10
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by RobC(UK)
**** 37130 ****
Joined Aug 2007
1,781 Posts
I am not familiar with any of your components, but here are some generic troubleshooting tips:

1. Remove the propeller or anything else attached to the shaft.

2. Check that the ESC is plugged into the throttle port of the receiver.

3. Switch on the Transmitter and ensure that the throttle trim is set to zero i.e all the way down.

4. Connect the battery to the ESC . You should hear a short start up tone followed by a series of beeps indicating the ESC settings.

5. If the system continues to beep after the start up routine disconnect the battery.

6. Calibrate the throttle. Move the throttle stick to maximum power then connect the battery to the ESC . After you hear a short start up tone there should be a pause when you should quickly close the throttle. The start up sequence should now complete.

7. If when starting step 6. the sequence continues, completes and allows control of the motor, you will need to reverse the throttle channel on the Transmitter.

8. Should the ESC still not initialize, verify the operation of the throttle channel by plugging a servo into the throttle port of the receiver.
RobC(UK) is offline Find More Posts by RobC(UK)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:39 AM
Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,047 Posts
If your transmitter does not alarm "THRO",
maybe your 800mAh battery is not fully charged?

transmitter-receiver manual
http://www.kdsmodel.com/newsDetail.a...387&N_C_ID=169

ESC manual
http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/diantiao.pdf
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:44 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
the colour what i mention above are the wire colours connecting the esc from the motor.

this is a video of what i tried to do what u mention above.. thanks alot of the help but i still cant seem to get it work =(

Fail !! (0 min 58 sec)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 04:21 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
It seems that according to my ESC manual , Beep every 2 seconds means that Throttle signal is abnormal. In other words my esc can't defect the throttle signal.. omg i am lost...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:46 AM
Find More Posts by slipstick
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
11,647 Posts
Are you sure you have the ESC plugged into the correct THROTTLE channel on the receiver as RobC asked ? That's probably the most common reason for servos working but not throttle .

If that's o.k. does the throttle channel need to be reversed (Futabas always do, but I don't know your transmitter).

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Guys i seriously have no idea what to do... I check my channel for throttle is channel 3 and still it has this beep with 2 seconds interval. spare me as i am new to this..
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
18,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjm10 View Post
Guys i seriously have no idea what to do... I check my channel for throttle is channel 3 and still it has this beep with 2 seconds interval. spare me as i am new to this..
Can you read the manual?

http://www.kdsmodel.com/script/News/...tem_Manual.pdf

You can remove the prop, then set the TX to defaults and all trims to their center, 0, or neutral position, and the throttle to full off (all the way back towards you). Then plug the receiver in and bind the TX and RX to each other.

Then see if the motor will run.

If it does not, unplug the receiver and go to the settings on the TX, and set the Throttle channel to it's opposite state (if it is normal, make it reversed, if it is reversed, make it normal).

Then power the receiver up again, when it binds try the throttle again.

If that does not do it, check back here...

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
thank you all of you who tried to help. I tried exactly what u guys told me.. something must be weird...
i am charging my battery again just in case
i isolate my Rx with only the ESC connect to ch3
I reset all my Tx settings all back to zero.
still the same thing happen as u can see the video above.
This is my first RC plane which its unable to fly... thanks for all your patience
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:55 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
even when i connect my servo to ch3 there is no response... is my Tx spoilt or Rx?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:27 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
fail again (1 min 14 sec)

Even when i rev the throttle still doesn't work...

when will i fly my first rc plane ...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by jackerbes
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
18,098 Posts
Quote:
thank you all of you who tried to help. I tried exactly what u guys told me.. something must be weird...
i am charging my battery again just in case
i isolate my Rx with only the ESC connect to ch3
I reset all my Tx settings all back to zero.
still the same thing happen as u can see the video above.
This is my first RC plane which its unable to fly... thanks for all your patience
Is the receiver indicating that you have successfully bound the RX and TX? It will be a steady LED lighted on the receiver if I understand the manual right. You *are* reading the manual, right? And you are following the procedures there?

If the RX is bound to the TX, uplug the ESC and, with the TX still on proceed as follows...

Go to paragraph 6.1 and follow that to set R3 to "Rev" (not "Nor"). Doint that is the thing I described earlier that sets the throttle servo to the Reversed (not Normal) travel condition.

Just to make sure the setting is right, turn the TX off, then turn it back on and see if the R3 setting is still "rev" and not "nor".

Now go to paragraph 7 of the manual. You are not using a helicopter, right? You are in the aeroplane mode, right?

Then, with the TX on, throttle set to full off, and RX off, connect the ESC's BEC lead to the RX R3 connector making sure the polarity is right (black or brown wire on the (-) or Negative lead.

Then, with the TX still on, connect the ESC to the battery. The LED on the receiver will come on and stay on if the TX and RX bind to each other. If they do not something is wrong there.

Go to paragraph 11 and read about the throttle warning.

If the RX and TX are bound and the display says "Thro" the RX is seeing the throttle as being at full open and is not going to arm the ESC until you correct that. So unplug the ESC, go back through the setting process, and change the throttle setting from "Rev" to "Nor".

Then go through the power up process again (always with the TX on first and then the ESC and RX), check for a bind LED, check the display for "Thro" (you should not see it now), and then open the throttle a click or two and the motor should run.

Quote:
even when i connect my servo to ch3 there is no response... is my Tx spoilt or Rx?
If you go through all of that and the motor does not run, there is a chance that you have a bad TX, RX, ESC, or even a bad Motor.

Put servos on the other channels. Do any of them move ever? If not, something is wrong.

Do you have a flying field? Other fliers around that can help you?

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
i tried like what u mention above as well. seems like my motor doesn't response to anything and it keeps beeping with the 2 seconds interval. only thing that sounds right is the start up with the 3 tones. my servos are working fine on the other channels. but when i tried ch3 its dead.

thank you jack for the advise, i live in singapore so there are aint much flying field around to find fliers. i guess i just bring this set back to the rc shop to get it check.

cheers mate ! =)
Old Jul 04, 2013, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by zachsalness
Joined Jul 2013
1 Posts
I just set up my bixler 1.1 I got two weeks ago.. And after I set up up it was working perfectly, until I got curious and reversed the throttle (I didn't know what that meant) . and all of the sudden it went to full throttle so I cut it off. Then I disconnected the battery and turned off the transmitter and switched the throttle to normal. When I turned the plane and transmitter back on it made the normal beeping sounds of the startup, but it continued this. And sometimes it would even do different pitches of beeping. I looked at the ESC and connections to everything but they were fine. Then I saw a tiny little nut sitting inside of the fuselage..... I have no clue what its too but it's worrying me and since I found it I haven't turned the plane on since. HELP
zachsalness is offline Find More Posts by zachsalness
Old Nov 27, 2014, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by menalek
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
I have the same problem: the motor doesn't have power and constantly beeps. No matter what I tried it didn't help until I switched ESC and worked
menalek is offline Find More Posts by menalek