HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:08 PM
Joined Mar 2005
2 Posts
Discussion
Vroljikheid

I AM BUILDING THE "FATHER GOOSE" LAUNCH AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CABIN TOP. WHY THE 1/64 PLY FOR THE MAIN HATCH? I ASSUME THIS IS THE ACCESS TO RUNNING HDWE, BATTERY PACK, SPEED CONTROL, AND IS NOT GLUED DOWN. THE TOP OF THE CABIN IS 1/32 SHEET BALSA. HOW DOES THIS MATCH THE HATCH. MY ASSEMBLED HATCH WANTS TO WARP A LITTLE BIT AND NOT LAY FLAT. I AM AFRAID PAINT WILL CAUSE FURTHER WARPING ON THIS VERY DELICATE PLY. SHOULD I PREFINISH THE CABIN SIDES BEFORE INSTALLING TO PREVENT MESSING UP THE WINDOW PLEXIGLAS? tHIS IS A VERY LIGHT BUILD AND WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL BOAT. DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF IT OR CONSTRUCTION PICS OR VIDEO OF THE FINISHED MODEL?
PJEFF is offline Find More Posts by PJEFF
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
RC Bum
Riverside, CA
Joined Apr 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJEFF
I AM BUILDING THE "FATHER GOOSE" LAUNCH AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CABIN TOP. WHY THE 1/64 PLY FOR THE MAIN HATCH? I ASSUME THIS IS THE ACCESS TO RUNNING HDWE, BATTERY PACK, SPEED CONTROL, AND IS NOT GLUED DOWN. THE TOP OF THE CABIN IS 1/32 SHEET BALSA. HOW DOES THIS MATCH THE HATCH. MY ASSEMBLED HATCH WANTS TO WARP A LITTLE BIT AND NOT LAY FLAT. I AM AFRAID PAINT WILL CAUSE FURTHER WARPING ON THIS VERY DELICATE PLY. SHOULD I PREFINISH THE CABIN SIDES BEFORE INSTALLING TO PREVENT MESSING UP THE WINDOW PLEXIGLAS? tHIS IS A VERY LIGHT BUILD AND WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL BOAT. DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF IT OR CONSTRUCTION PICS OR VIDEO OF THE FINISHED MODEL?
Unless you plan to attach wings, you might get a better response in the Scale Boats forum.

Eric
Eric_N57105 is offline Find More Posts by Eric_N57105
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:48 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,475 Posts
PJEFF, I PM'd You with the details

PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:51 PM
RC Bum
Riverside, CA
Joined Apr 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
PJEFF, I PM'd You with the details

PAT
I forgot you do boats as well, Pat.

Eric
Eric_N57105 is offline Find More Posts by Eric_N57105
Old Feb 15, 2007, 06:08 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,475 Posts
Eric, Yep, that's my "other" hobby. But, lets don't beat up on PJEFF too much, it could have been posted in Scale Boats too, but I've been a bit delinquent about checking in over there lately, so I'll have to take some of the blame for this one too.

PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle