Name: DSC_0754.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 469.7 KB
Description:

Name: DSC_0755.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 318.6 KB
Description:

Got a steerable tail wheel mod and everything. Look's great. Hoping to maiden it today.
commanderbryce is offline Find More Posts by commanderbryce
Old Aug 07, 2014, 12:16 PM
Joined Aug 2014
1 Posts
Converted from glow to electric

I used to fly a glow plane. I had to get out because of the cost. I did a search one day to see about converting my FlightStar 40 to electric and found the FT video on the P47 conversion. Accourding to my wife it went down hill from there. I a little over 8 months I am up to 9 swapables with four power pods from the Blue Wonder up to the Beef. I am know by the guys where I fly as "that home built guy". Here are just a few of my builds. The Baby Blender is the only one I used the speed build kit to build.
pbfubar is offline Find More Posts by pbfubar
Old Aug 10, 2014, 03:38 PM
Joined Jun 2014
87 Posts
Nice pics! I like the Mustang!
commanderbryce is offline Find More Posts by commanderbryce
Old Aug 11, 2014, 05:30 AM
Jezza
Joined Jan 2014
8 Posts
Hi again,

Sorry for the late reply, my school timetable is less that ideal in regards to free time at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1185 View Post
The ft-22 uses the prop wash for maneuverability making an edf very difficult to get working. I've built 4, 3 with props that flew fantastic and 1 with a 70mm edf that was a bear. I know of only 1 guy who got the plane flying with the edf setup. BTW, my latest ft-22 sounds just like a jet, I taped the hole for the prop with packing tape and it totally changed the sound.

All in all, pull the edf and put in a prop and you will love this plane.

PS, my last plane is a modified ft-22 with strengthening throughout, I'll post pictures real soon.
I have found, at least for the real quick flights I have had with it so far anyway, that because I have the EDF mounted right at the back with the thrust tube about 15mm from the elevons I do get quite a lot of airflow over the control surfaces (still not as much as a prop though!)

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas on strengthening, they are most helpful!

Jeremy
Jezza Vieth is offline Find More Posts by Jezza Vieth
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:00 PM
HZ Super Cub
Canada, ON, St. Thomas
Joined Jul 2014
17 Posts
Just finished my first ever scratch build and first FT plane.

http://imgur.com/a/ccdtN

I built a Bloody Wonder, I have to still check the balance before I can maiden it, but hopefully this week if the weather cooperates.
Grauwulf is offline Find More Posts by Grauwulf
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:41 AM
JoeB
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Here is my second Dusty, completed in Jolly Wrenches theme.
JoeB76 is offline Find More Posts by JoeB76