HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2013, 03:16 PM
better at crashin than buildin
United States, TN, Luttrell
Joined Aug 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianGugu View Post
Mine is on a truck somewhere between California and Tennessee. Supposed to be here Thursday. Way cool.........
Mine must be on the same truck.
FedEx says to expect it Thursday.
Coolpins is offline Find More Posts by Coolpins
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2013, 03:27 PM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,759 Posts
Got the vario tuned in nicely now, number need to be right for the glider, my minimoa is heavy and comes down quite fast for a glider, I needed dead band of +.1 and -1.1 now it's normal glide is quiet and still shows lift and sink, tested in calmish air and simulated lift/sink by elev movements, be interesting to see what number I need for the blaster dlg, should be a lesser -number I think.
I used the neck strap this eve and it works well-much better then the one I had for the dx6i, balances nicely I can take my hands off the controls and they stay right where I want them.
Flew 1/2hr and had one rssi warning over head, voice worked all time and I have trimmed out the throttle elev mix for a nice steady climb out, though I did manage to add another mix by mistake, managed to add 100 rudder mix to elev and only noticed in air, that was interesting when I turned with rudder I can tell you!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Sep 08, 2013, 03:28 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-baloo View Post
Hi Scott.
I was just working on it.
The only issue except replacing the pot is modifying the spring by flatening a bit the angles.

As a picture is better than a long explanation :
How did that work for you - can you feel the indents stronger....in both directions? Or does it just slide like a Heli gimbal?

Thanks to all who replied to my question. My question was poorly worded, but my quandary was how to make better use of them by increasing their tactile feedback. Right now I can only feel center by moving in one direction, and I'm not complaining so much as exploring how to get a better feel for them. I must say that the sound (horn) idea is rather novel.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:10 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jul 2010
198 Posts
A guy walks into a bar. He asks the bartender, "Do you have any helicopter flavored potato chips?" The bartender shakes his head and says, "No, we only have plain."
Gnu4FF is offline Find More Posts by Gnu4FF
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescuejim View Post
I have become a lipo parinoid I am supper cautious of them now and only store in locked fire boxes.
same here, I use a german forces ammunition box to store my LiPo batteries: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261145072508...84.m1423.l2649

They're gas tight and very tough. Much better than these LiPo bags.. For the taranis I got the Eneloop pack from T9
har1 is offline Find More Posts by har1
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
They must have copied the 9303 quite closely.
FrSky didn't design the shell they got it from another company.

At first glance the shell looks like a copy of the 9303 but if you put them right next to each other there are some cosmetic differences. I wish they would have changed the speaker grill because it's cheesy looking. No reason they couldn't have replaced that with something better looking.

Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 08, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:37 PM
Joined Nov 2005
14 Posts
I've received a Taranis from Hobbyking. It arrived very quickly (to Hawaii) in excellent condition. It was very simple to change from Mode1 to Mode2. It did not ship with a battery charger (12v. .5a. I believe), but I had a 12v. 2a. laying around and it works. The Nimh gets warm but not hot. Could this charger's amperage hurt the Taranis's charging circuitry or the battery?

In the ANALOG INPUTS screen, the sticks reliably return to 0. I assume this is the screen where others have noticed problems with stick centering?

Dave
tonnes is offline Find More Posts by tonnes
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnu4FF View Post
A guy walks into a bar. He asks the bartender, "Do you have any helicopter flavored potato chips?" The bartender shakes his head and says, "No, we only have plain."
A radio control car enthusiast walks into a bar with a monkey sitting on his head. The bartender takes a look at the two and finally he asks "wherever did you get that from?" to which the monkey replies "it started off as a boil on my ass yesterday"
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahon View Post
Is CPPM strictly used for quadcopters? Can someone explain please how does it work? Can it be used for channel mixing in planes? Thank you!
It's used in flybarless helicopters and with flight stabilizers on planes as well. Basically any time you need to get a lot of servo channels from the receiver into some box that actually controls the servos.

If you have a choice between sbus and CPPM use sbus. They do the same thing but sbus supports more channels has a higher framerate and is digital.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:57 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
FrSky didn't design the shell they got it from another company.
I know they bought from another vendor, but that vendor was obviously copying the JR transmitter. As did the "designer" of the 9X whomever that was.

Close enough that the 9X and the 9303 can swap battery covers. And it has been said on here that the 9X cover fits the Taranis a bit better than the stock one

Little details like the speaker grill don't bother me, more important is the ergonomics and build quality, which IMO are excellent on the 9303.

When I see images of the Horus posted I know 100% I won't be buying one. It is a tray radio. And, not that it matters, like all tray radios it is ugly

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Sep 08, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
(double post)
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 08, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 05:01 PM
RISC - SCRCC - AMA member
United States, RI, Warwick
Joined Apr 2010
145 Posts
Guys be careful about storing lipos in ammo boxes. If you store them in an airtight steel box you have a potential bomb. Take the rubber seal out of the ammo box. I use a small cash box type steel tool box to hold mine. Many electronic devices use lipos today and nobody seems to exercise extra care with these devices. Remember most hobby shops just leave them in the cases or on the shelves. It's like ammo not particularly dangerous until you load them up.
bluzjamer is offline Find More Posts by bluzjamer
Old Sep 08, 2013, 05:04 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,339 Posts
Quote:
With a high enough sampling frequency and bit resolution you can surpass the fidelity of any analog system. CD audio was designed in the 80's so they used the bare minimum requirements to keep costs down but a crappy implementation doesn't mean digital audio is inherently inferior. There was also an initial problem with using preamps designed for analog audio intended to be recorded to LP's on a digital signal that made early CD albums sound even worse.

Nobody uses analog recording in professional audio, it's all high sample rate high resolution digital.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-analog-268366
Electromagnetic is online now Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Closest example I can think of that is considered digital, but has "analog" time encoding is the Super Audio CD format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital

Arguably the best system since it is somewhat analog in nature. Of course everyone seems to be satisfied with MP3 compressed crap played through cheap ear buds, so it pretty much died.
With high enough sampling frequency and bit resolution digital you can surpass the fidelity of any analog system. CD audio was designed in the 80's so they used the minimum requirements to keep costs down but a crappy implementation doesn't mean digital is inherently inferior.

Nobody uses analog in studio recording and professional audio editing. It's all high sample rate high resolution digital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
99% then.

Doesn't mean that audiophiles aren't objectively crazy and essentially immune to things like logic and scientific evidence.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 08, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,604 Posts
Quote:
With a high enough sampling frequency and bit resolution you can surpass the fidelity of any analog system. CD audio was designed in the 80's so they used the bare minimum requirements to keep costs down but a crappy implementation doesn't mean digital audio is inherently inferior.

Nobody uses analog recording in professional audio, it's all high sample rate high resolution digital.
Note I specifically said compressed MP3.
MP3 compression is lossy, merely approximates the original sound.. Similar algorithms to JPEG compression.
Start to compress a picture of the sky or a field of grass and you can see the sort of thing that it does to audio, turning it all mushy.

CD quality is vastly superior to MP3, no data compression at all, in fact the data is expanded to add redundancy and error recovery.

But back to Taranis.....

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie