HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:23 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
425 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Parkzone/Hobbyzone 1s charger double charge port

So for all you who have a PZ/HZ charger and want to charge multiple batteries, but don't want to buy a new charger, this thread is for you! I figured out a very simple way to do it, but you have to have a soldering iron. I'm sure somebody has a better method, and if you do, please share it!

I'll take pictures and start my how-to tomorrow.
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:09 PM
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
425 Posts
So I finally got around to getting this together! Follow in picture order.

1.) Here's your basic charger. Take the batteries out and flip it over.

2.) Take the pads off the base, and put them somewhere you can find them later.

3.) Open up the charger, and cut the sticker that hods it together. For all that bulk there really isn't much inside.

4.) Wedge out the glue and take out the screws from the charger port and LED.

5.) The led is going to go in the screw hole, so drill or scrape out the plastic till the led fits snugly. also cut two holes for your female charger connectors.

6.) Find a second female charger plug.

7.) Put the plugs in the holes you cut out, and solder the wires to the second plug in parallel to the first, and glue the LED and plugs in.

7.5.) There is a potentiometer on the circuitry. Break the glue and turn it all the way to the right.

8.) Make a stand and admire your handywork!

Warning! Unless you want the life span of your batteries to decrease, only charge two at a time.
Last edited by SuperBarlow; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:10 PM
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
425 Posts
I have been using data found online to know the charge rate with the dial all the way to the right. I don't know what mine is. If the thing explodes for some odd reason, I will feel sorry for you, but take no blame.

If someone could test it, that would be great.
Last edited by SuperBarlow; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:45 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
Nice mod, SB!

On the PZ version of this charger that i have, wIth the pot turned all the way CW, the charge current is ~350mA, and ~180mA with it turned all the way CCW.

With this mod, I guess you can now charge 2 lipo's in the time it would have taken to charge just one, or charge just 1 lipo in about half the time. Cool!
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:02 PM
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
425 Posts
Great! those look just like the specs that I saw. Thanks!