HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:30 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
DX7s, DX8, and DX18 / DX18QQ setup files are now available at parkzone.com in the Support section:

http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...ProdId=PKZ6580

Also available on spektrumrc.com. Should go live on horizonhobby.com tomorrow.
Dave, that's a fine thing for the VisionAire owners, thanks
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
@joel

Ok, thanks.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:33 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jul 2004
262 Posts
GOT MINE...
flew it and slightly disapointed.... there needs to be more gain available. i even bumped all the gains up to 100% in 3D mode and the surfaces barely react to changes when the plane is shaken. unlike the micros that bang the surfaces when shaken.
you can fly it as fast as possible, in 3D mode with the gains set to 100% and it will not oscilate in any axis. needs more gain.
imacav8r is offline Find More Posts by imacav8r
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacav8r View Post
GOT MINE...
flew it and slightly disapointed.... there needs to be more gain available. i even bumped all the gains up to 100% in 3D mode and the surfaces barely react to changes when the plane is shaken. unlike the micros that bang the surfaces when shaken.
you can fly it as fast as possible, in 3D mode with the gains set to 100% and it will not oscilate in any axis. needs more gain.
Are you saying that that the gyro isn't reacting ENOUGH for you? Are you basing this purely on what you're seeing on the ground or based on how it flies?

I don't understand your last sentence. If you're flying fast you don't WANT it to oscillate on any axis right? It sounds like you want it to actually have TOO much gain.

The gyro is there to help out a little... it's not there as an autopilot.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:43 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Are you saying that that the gyro isn't reacting ENOUGH for you? Are you basing this purely on what you're seeing on the ground or based on how it flies?

I don't understand your last sentence. If you're flying fast you don't WANT it to oscillate on any axis right? It sounds like you want it to actually have TOO much gain.

I was thinking the same as you ,,,started to post a comment ,,, U beat me to it ...........I.read manual,,,warns against extended full throttle, which might cause SEVERE oscillations that will damage plane.. Dale
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Jul 2004
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post

yes, the gyro does not seem to react enough.
take a properly tuned tail rotor heli gyro. you dial up the gain until it hunts then back it off a touch and you are set. same goes here but it never hunts even at 100% gain. my statement of fast flight with gains at 100% and no hunt (oscilation) makes me say not enough gain.

note. it does smooth out the flight, keeps the plane from bouncing around. but in hard 3D, i.e. torque rolls, hovering, etc. you are still on the sticks as much as without the gyro help, because it does not react enough and you have to take over.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
It's different than a heli gyro, a heli has no stabilization whatsoever in yaw. While an airplane does have stabilization, so it only needs to help.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:02 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
yes, the gyro does not seem to react enough.
take a properly tuned tail rotor heli gyro. you dial up the gain until it hunts then back it off a touch and you are set. same goes here but it never hunts even at 100% gain. my statement of fast flight with gains at 100% and no hunt (oscilation) makes me say not enough gain.

note. it does smooth out the flight, keeps the plane from bouncing around. but in hard 3D, i.e. torque rolls, hovering, etc. you are still on the sticks as much as without the gyro help, because it does not react enough and you have to take over.
Ok. I understand what you're saying now. But as the poster above has stated, heli gyros and plane gyros are fairly different. I think a very good gyro on a plane will make it seem like its not there but at the same time provide assistance in key areas. If you notice the gyro then that's a problem.

Additionally, if a gyro makes it where you can hover by just pointing the plane straight up and finding the right throttle spot then that just wouldn't be any fun would it?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:05 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
This is a rate gyro not a heading hold gyro. The deflection depends on how fast you move the plane. For example, if you slowly move the tail up and down, the reaction will be slow and little movement. But if you move the tail up and down rapidly the counter-acting movement from the gyro will be much more pronounced.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Jul 2004
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
This is a rate gyro not a heading hold gyro. The deflection depends on how fast you move the plane. For example, if you slowly move the tail up and down, the reaction will be slow and little movement. But if you move the tail up and down rapidly the counter-acting movement from the gyro will be much more pronounced.
you can enable the gyro by blipping the throttle, and pick up the plane and shake it so hard that you fear the wings will rip off, the gyro's reaction is very little. as i said, it does smooth out the flight..... but not a big help in hovers, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,628 Posts
Quote:
you can enable the gyro by blipping the throttle, and pick up the plane and shake it so hard that you fear the wings will rip off, the gyro's reaction is very little. as i said, it does smooth out the flight..... but not a big help in hovers, etc.
AS3X not there to help in hovers,,,,as3x IS there to keep plane STABLE in breezzzey and windy conditions.................
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Jul 2004
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
AS3X not there to help in hovers,,,,as3x IS there to keep plane STABLE in breezzzey and windy conditions.................
well, thats exactly what it does. but HH has built it up as a 3D monster, personally designed by QQ.
i like it, going to keep it. perhaps i built up my expectations too high before release. a friend has an eagletree system that seems perfect for 3D. i wish the AR635 had more gain to bang the control surfaces like that one does.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:05 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,245 Posts
Sounds like you might not have your setup right. Unfortunately I'm not close enough to the details to be able to help you. I suggest calling Product Support at 877-504-0233.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:07 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,628 Posts
Quote:
well, thats exactly what it does. but HH has built it up as a 3D monster, personally designed by QQ.
i like it, going to keep it. perhaps i built up my expectations too high before release. a friend has an eagletree system that seems perfect for 3D. i wish the AR635 had more gain to bang the control surfaces like that one does.
me i have no pre flight expetations about any plane,,,EXPERT flyers ALWAYS make make it look SO EASY,,,,,so i copy there moves over and over untill i can do stuff on a consistent level,,,,,,PRACTICE ,PRACTICE ,PRACTICE your new friend DALE.....post a vid
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:15 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
me i have no pre flight expetations about any plane,,,EXPERT flyers ALWAYS make make it look SO EASY,,,,,so i copy there moves over and over untill i can do stuff on a consistent level,,,,,,PRACTICE ,PRACTICE ,PRACTICE your new friend DALE.....post a vid
Well said. No gyro system is going to turn a 3D beginner into Joe Smith. It's like loosing weight... The only way to reach your goal is perseverance. There's no magic pill and in this case no magic gyro. But... The gyro should help quite a bit.