1,267 Posts
Looking good Gordy. Gotta love foam
semperfi1970 is offline Find More Posts by semperfi1970
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2014, 04:27 PM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
199 Posts
you have to love steam, semper, the creases all popped out use d lightweight filler (spackle?) to build up the nose , wiped it over with pva to seal it, my boss was taking the p*** out of the plane saying he wouldn't buy one of them ,they look crap with all the tape holding it together. that was like a red rag to a bull , it got painted, came out ok I think
gordynic is online now Find More Posts by gordynic
Old Aug 14, 2014, 03:44 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordynic View Post
you have to love steam, semper, the creases all popped out use d lightweight filler (spackle?) to build up the nose , wiped it over with pva to seal it, my boss was taking the p*** out of the plane saying he wouldn't buy one of them ,they look crap with all the tape holding it together. that was like a red rag to a bull , it got painted, came out ok I think
Don't pay any attention to anyone that puts down your model, especially your boss. Just be respectful, however, I would NOT engage in any additional conversation about it with him.

These models are "They are what they are!"

The easy to repair is what it screams to the beginner RC Flyer and for those experienced (Expert) RC Flyers they allow for experimentation to command the model moves that you would not do with a more expensive RC Airplane model.

Enjoy, go fly and leave those that have a negative outlook behind.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2014, 05:30 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
199 Posts
think I found the true cause of the crash the plane took off , a bit slow, but got airborn, it then went over to the left and sort of spun in , when I was checking out the 3 axis stabiliser I found the rudder was reversed, ( i had switched it, it didn't seem to be in the correct plane when I set it up) so it takes off, turns slightly to the left the stabiliser senses this and gives it right rudder ,which is actually left rudder, plane banks the stab gives full down aileron on the left wing which stalls that wing . it was never going to survive that scenario it's getting treble checked before the next flight..... DOH!!!!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,267 Posts
These GWS planes are like Pitts said are what they are. I make them into what I want them to be. Spot on Pitts, you nailed it rite on the head. Gordy I think your plane is cool as hell. I would be proud to fly it any where any day of the week.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:46 PM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
199 Posts
almost ready for its second maiden flight rx to sort out (and double check)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 03:44 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,146 Posts
gordynic,

Looks great, can't wait to learn of your Maiden.

Pitts
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2014, 07:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,267 Posts
Please let us know how the re maiden goes. Crazy question Gordy. Are you running the motors in the same direction? Or are they counter rotating?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,267 Posts
Looking at the picture of your plane the props both look to be standard rotation.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:42 AM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,927 Posts
Both ailerons are up too.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Aug 20, 2014, 04:34 PM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
199 Posts
Hi folks the GWS models I imported are now being sold on E bay, I have had to increase the selling price a bit to cover the e bay charges, should you still be interested contact me through this media. they will be approx. 10% cheaper
Old Aug 20, 2014, 04:41 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,927 Posts
You can post them here too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-ele...lanes-fs-w-15/
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Aug 21, 2014, 02:03 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Regretfully I'm not able to send them to USA
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,267 Posts
Now your just teasing Gordy
Old Today, 01:43 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Both ailerons are up too.
5 gram servo in each wing I don't use contra rotating props on my twin cargo , and it flies fine, and I've just checked the plans for the islander and they show identical props. As the original kit was the EDF model and I had to source props , finding 5 inch props other than GWS over here was difficult as was finding drivers( everything was listed , but sold out) hence having to use prop savers
Last edited by gordynic; Today at 01:53 AM.