177 Posts
Excellent and thank you.
RC_planefan is offline Find More Posts by RC_planefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:11 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2012
224 Posts
Picked up a first gen UMX Habu (White and yellow) but didn't have a battery. Looking for some recommendations from those who have logged quite a few flights on yours. Was wanting to get the newer 180, because I like the decal scheme better, but this one will work for now!
calde043 is online now Find More Posts by calde043
Old Feb 14, 2015, 03:33 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calde043 View Post
Picked up a first gen UMX Habu (White and yellow) but didn't have a battery. Looking for some recommendations from those who have logged quite a few flights on yours. Was wanting to get the newer 180, because I like the decal scheme better, but this one will work for now!
I responded on the other thread but here it is again:
Recommended packs are:
on 2S:
Absolute most Power:weight Thunderpower 325 70C
-many user's tests confirm this pack has the best power to weight of all common 2S packs. However it is also the heaviest. So expect faster landings. best of all expect 600 or so charges at 12C before they start to fade!!

Best featherweight: RCBabbel's BB240

-about 3min flight times, but it is extremely light. You'll definitely have the best handling and slow flight. This is my go-to pack in my confined yard flying.
These are about 14g complete w/ wires and connector

Best mix of both: Dinogy 300 65C
-Great longevity and cycle life here as well. weight with cables and connector is about the dead middle between the TP and BB.

The gamblers choice: HobbyKing 300
-sometimes you win sometimes you get a dud... If you get a good one they have good power, weight on HK is an outright lie... the "16g" they state must be before putting the plastic wrapper on and soldering up the wires and connector... note the shipping weight of 28g

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Feb 14, 2015, 09:55 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calde043 View Post
calde043,

One more for ya.

My:
BB Hyp (2S) 330mAh RTF w/UMX connector. (short lead)
$16.95
L x W x H
43x17x12 mm
Approx: 16.7g (FYI: stock TP (2S) 325 70C weight: 23.3g)

All the wires tuck in clean.
Batt does not hang below the fuse.
It doesn't produce as high of RPM as the TP but that is off-set by it's light weight & clean aerodynamics.
Performance in the air is almost identical vs the TP.
Slow speed performance is better with the Hyp.

Roger
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member