New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2015, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by fpvdrifter
Joined Feb 2015
6 Posts
Discussion
Soldering Multiple Lipo Connectors

I bought a powered antenna system for one of my transmitters. It came with two sunhans amps and some type of proprietary lipo (see picture). It's identified as a 3000mah 3s lipo. There's no balance plug and it seems to need it's own proprietary charger. There are two outputs (one for each of the two amps) that are of the small dc plug variety (I don't know what they're called, see photo).

I'd really like to just convert some standard 3s lipos to power this rig, but am not sure if my approach will work. My plan was just to solder two lengths of wire with the two output connectors PLUS a standard XT60 onto the main lipo leads, heat shrink it all, and call it a day. Will this work? If I'm charging through the xt60, will the two extra leads cause any issues during charging (assuming I don't short them during the process)? Finally, what the heck are those little dc connectors called, and where can I get them?

Thanks in advance
fpvdrifter is offline Find More Posts by fpvdrifter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2015, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
6,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvdrifter View Post
I bought a powered antenna system for one of my transmitters. It came with two sunhans amps and some type of proprietary lipo (LiIon) (see picture). It's identified as a 3000mah 3s lipo. (LiIon)There's no balance plug and it seems to need it's own proprietary charger. There are two outputs (one for each of the two amps) that are of the small dc plug variety (I don't know what they're called, see photo).

It looks similar to an RCA jack but not quite. Some type of phono jack perhaps?

I'd really like to just convert some standard 3s lipos to power this rig, but am not sure if my approach will work. My plan was just to solder two lengths of wire with the two output connectors PLUS a standard XT60 onto the main lipo leads, heat shrink it all, and call it a day. Will this work?

Get a LiPo that already has an XT60. Then I would make up a cable that has a male XT60 going to the two phono/RCA plugs. That way you don't have to modify the battery and it's connector. To charge the battery simply disconnect your cable and charge the battery normally.

If I'm charging through the xt60, will the two extra leads cause any issues during charging (assuming I don't short them during the process)?

Not if you build the cable as I suggested.

Finally, what the heck are those little dc connectors called, and where can I get them?

Thanks in advance
Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jun 04, 2015, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by fpvdrifter
Joined Feb 2015
6 Posts
That's a really good idea. Thanks.
fpvdrifter is offline Find More Posts by fpvdrifter