SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:07 AM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
490 Posts
Well that looks correct, and I believe the tooth count is correct, but I'd never measured its dimensions
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 03:14 AM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
F45 gyro chip dead during flying, cannopy LED fast blinking

Hello guys,
It may be helpful what I found on my F45.
But, first let me tell you shortly what happened.
I was flying the F45 for about 2 minute and suddenly the tail motor start running on full throttle.
Of course the heli start spinning crazy, and lost control of it. Lucky when happened it was only at 4' height so no damages.
Without unplug the heli I was try again to lift of, but the tail motor was stuck on maximum throttle, it was impossible.
I have unplug the battery, switch off the TX and try to restart it. The heli never binded anymore with the TX.
When I was plugging the battery on the heli, the servos was resetting but that's it. The LED on canopy was blinking very fast (strobe) after moving the throttle up-down on TX.
I was try so many time even after a while, nothing worked.
I had another heli with gyro chip, so what I did, I have replaced the gyro module (adapted the pins) and voila, back in business.
My F45 flying, like nothing happened.
So my conclusion the gyro chip died during the flight for some reason.
When trying to bind the LED was rapid flashing, the manual say it's in gyro testing, but because gyro was defective the test never getting complete so the main chip will loop in the testing and can get to the process of binding with TX.
So, the PCB actually itís not broken, only the Gyro module need to be replaced.
ullsign is offline Find More Posts by ullsign
Old Jan 22, 2015, 03:17 AM
Joined Aug 2013
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by train06 View Post
Well that looks correct, and I believe the tooth count is correct, but I'd never measured its dimensions
Thx , I'm from the ornithopters forum and the reason I asked for this info is the need to find an replacement gear for the main gear used in the ornithopter shown on the picture. I beleave the manufacturer used the main gear from MJX F45 but as I don't have experience with helis desided to ask here .
Sorry for out of the topic question .
ZTEX is offline Find More Posts by ZTEX