New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by Luis Moya
Mexico
Joined May 2004
252 Posts
My theory is that continuing circling and going around to get into lift may be more efficient (less drag) as there is no "fighting back" disturbing the momentum the glider assumed on its own.

Luis
Luis Moya is offline Find More Posts by Luis Moya
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
6,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Moya View Post
My theory is that continuing circling and going around to get into lift may be more efficient (less drag) as there is no "fighting back" disturbing the momentum the glider assumed on its own.

Luis
Consider that there is generally sink around the outside of the lift, so I tend to want to avoid the sink and get into the lift as fast as I can. Turing away to "come back around" to the lift means you are flying in the sink and any minor reduction of drag (debatable in the first place) is far outweighed by flying in the sink.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Today, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by Luis Moya
Mexico
Joined May 2004
252 Posts
Quote:
there is generally sink around the outside of the lift
An interesting point to consider.

Luis
Luis Moya is offline Find More Posts by Luis Moya