SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2002, 10:20 PM
Kou
Andover,MA.,USA
Joined Aug 2001
735 Posts
Advice on ECO8 upgrade and more....

I finally am not breaking something everytime I fly the ECO8 and I actually get to like flying the ECO8. Since I plan on keeping the heli, I would like to get some advice on upgrade.

I just ordered the Mega 22/20/4 to replace my Magnetic Mayham. I have the AL swap plate and a modified CF boom. Since I have limited amount of fund, I have a choice of getting a CF main blade or AL rotor head and would like to get only one of the above. I am not an aggressive pilot and is perfectly happy to hover the ECO8 around.

I am also seeking advice on my next step in flying the ECO8. I can hover with no problem and would like to fly around a little bit. I try it on the sim (FMS) but I feel that the response between the sim and real machine is quite different. Is there any maneuver I can try before I get into forward flight ?

Any advice is appreciated.

MK
Kou is offline Find More Posts by Kou
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2002, 10:46 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,216 Posts
Hello

I suggest you wait until you purchase you recieve and use your brushless before you get anymore upgrades.

If you have the following:

AL Swash
Auto Hub
Tail servo mount
Carbon tail control rod(make it)
hardened shafts

you are set.

When you start acro, get a set of MS blades.

Just so you know I have all the upgrades.

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old May 26, 2002, 11:17 PM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
I agree with Carlo's upgrade list. Those are the ones you should aim for first!

The brushless setup should give you enough increase in performance.

> What pinion, ESC and cell-count are you planning on using??

Before you get into forward flight, I would recommend that you first feel confident in "nose-in" hover and any other direction.

Shooting your helicopter away is the easy part.
Turning around and slowing your helicopter down to a hover can get a bit tricky. Watch out for the ballooning effect of the Eco during windy conditions and FFF. Try and keep the nose down.

Practice, practice, practice!!

Chachin..

PS: I would go for the MS blades first. The aluminum rotor head is more for "looks" unless you're going 3D.
Chachin is offline Find More Posts by Chachin
Old May 26, 2002, 11:52 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chachin
I agree with Carlo's upgrade list. Those are the ones you should aim for first!

The brushless setup should give you enough increase in performance.

> What pinion, ESC and cell-count are you planning on using??

Before you get into forward flight, I would recommend that you first feel confident in "nose-in" hover and any other direction.

Shooting your helicopter away is the easy part.
Turning around and slowing your helicopter down to a hover can get a bit tricky. Watch out for the ballooning effect of the Eco during windy conditions and FFF. Try and keep the nose down.

Practice, practice, practice!!

Chachin..

PS: I would go for the MS blades first. The aluminum rotor head is more for "looks" unless you're going 3D.

I agree, the blades are sweet.
Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Crasher