SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2014, 09:49 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
1,712 Posts
I'll add my 2 cents. I was up to 150 orders, and a few weeks ago it dropped to 130. No biggie. My first order is still there which was almost 4 years ago.

Not sure what happened, I contact CS and they replied that their IT department are investigating. I won't lose sleep over it but just curious why it happened.

I have been Platinum Elite for as long as I can remember, I am sure I had it well before 100 orders, maybe they changed qualifying level at some point.

I also remember in the beginning bonus points were very generous and it didn't take long until you could place an entire order with only points. Now they accumulate much more slowly.

One thing I will say, as an Elite you get access to the "bug the boss" feature where you can send a message directly to the boss's phone (apparently).

I used it recently over a few non delivered orders and had several emails within 3 hours offering immediate refunds.

I actually thought this was unfair to those customers who are not platinum elite and don't have this benefit but then realised many companies have benefits for their frequent customers.

EG, Airline Frequent flyer clubs, EG Hotel rewards membership. I have Diamond status at Hyatt hotels (more than 50 stays per year) and get nice perks from this. like a free bottle of wine on every new check in, complimentary meals and free alcohol in the executive lounge each night, free upgrades to executive suites, etc etc. and am currently on a 3 week private holiday in Florida USA without paying a cent for accommodation by using accumulated reward points. (yeah I'm cheap!)
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160
Last edited by Rob2160; Feb 04, 2014 at 10:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2014, 03:27 AM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
I'll add my 2 cents. I was up to 150 orders, and a few weeks ago it dropped to 130. No biggie. My first order is still there which was almost 4 years ago.

Not sure what happened, I contact CS and they replied that their IT department are investigating. I won't lose sleep over it but just curious why it happened.

I have been Platinum Elite for as long as I can remember, I am sure I had it well before 100 orders, maybe they changed qualifying level at some point.

I also remember in the beginning bonus points were very generous and it didn't take long until you could place an entire order with only points. Now they accumulate much more slowly.

One thing I will say, as an Elite you get access to the "bug the boss" feature where you can send a message directly to the boss's phone (apparently).

I used it recently over a few non delivered orders and had several emails within 3 hours offering immediate refunds.

I actually thought this was unfair to those customers who are not platinum elite and don't have this benefit but then realised many companies have benefits for their frequent customers.

EG, Airline Frequent flyer clubs, EG Hotel rewards membership. I have Diamond status at Hyatt hotels (more than 50 stays per year) and get nice perks from this. like a free bottle of wine on every new check in, complimentary meals and free alcohol in the executive lounge each night, free upgrades to executive suites, etc etc. and am currently on a 3 week private holiday in Florida USA without paying a cent for accommodation by using accumulated reward points. (yeah I'm cheap!)
+1
Finally a answer I can agree on.
It was never about getting this status. Just wanted to know if there are any benefits and most important.. Why did this happen. If there is no answer on that, I'll still get my sleep also.

Thanks for your input.
Qtop is offline Find More Posts by Qtop