HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:42 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,185 Posts
I cut all mine off and put new pins on the ends.

Now I've moved them to a new frame and now they are all to short. *sigh*

I cut off 5 inches from every one probably.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:54 AM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
448 Posts
Length seems fine to me, a little long maybe. Since I'm running PPM I'm going to follow suit and trim the uneeded +/- leads from all ESCs.
Jefte is offline Find More Posts by Jefte
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:52 AM
Switching to guns!!!
Littleton, CO
Joined Dec 2009
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Those of you who've ordered our Emax 12 amp ESC's. How do you like the servo cables? Too short, just right?
Call me a fan! I think it's a good compromise for length. They're still a little bit too long if placing the ESC's in the body, but they're about right (and possibly even a touch short) if placing ESC's on the arms. Definitely a step in the right direction for these 250's! MUCH better than the "stock" length of the regular Emax 12A ESC's.
CO_rcDude is offline Find More Posts by CO_rcDude
Old Sep 23, 2014, 07:57 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,134 Posts
I'll be on vacation Sept 24th - Oct 1st over in South Dakota. Orders will still be processed but any warranty cust. support issues I won't be able to attend to until I get back. I'll check emails as internet access permits.

We have bunch of new DIY\FPV products on the way:

-Black nylon standoffs
-Buzzers for our Massive Acro/Massive32 boards
-3S LiPos: 1000 mAh in JST and 1500 mAh in XT60 both Turnigy
-HQ Bullnose 5045 props (6045s cut down via Warpquad thread)
-EMAX 6 amp ESCs (save 20 grams on your 2S setup)
-EMAX MT2204 motors
-EMAX\NightHawk all carbon frame

The following will all have SMA connectors:

-TS5823 32 channel 200mW VTX compatible with Fat Shark frequencies. The 500 mW model is twice as much. My philosophy is spend the money on a diversity setup. I've verified with the supplier that these don't have the noise problems associated with earlier models.
-FR632 32 channel VRX compatible with Fat Shark frequencies. This has dual diversity.
-RX-LCD5802 32 channel, fat shark compatible, 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver with 7"LCD built-in battery & Sunshade and charger.
-Compact 5.8GHz 11dBi Patch Antenna
-12" 5.8GHz Helical Antenna 12dBi RHCP with fiber-glass cover
-2.4 Ghz 2W power amplifier with JST connector (going to test these first)
-SMA/RP-SMA adapters for those of you who already have RP-SMA equipment

I've created a CleanFlight thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2249574

I can tell you that CleanFlight is going to be a game changer and part of the reason why you should no longer fear jumping into DIY and the most complex component, the Flight Control Board. You'll notice we only carry 2 boards, our Massive Acro and Massive32. In my opinion, for the 250 class, there's nothing better suited for your money and paired with CleanFlight, it's the most user-friendly configuration tool out today. Soon you won't even have to use CLI.

These 32 bit boards scream flight stability and performance. You'll hear people throw around the term 'locked-in'. Worried about nightmares of tuning PIDS? Go to the thread I linked above and read some of the happy users who've tried AutoTune, which automagically tunes your PIDS for you. Still want to tune your PIDS manually or fine tune them or configure other settings at the field? Get the Bluetooth module and adjust them with your Android phone.

GPS.........it's the last piece of the puzzle. You really don't need it for 250 FPV racing, but you, like me, may want to dual-purpose your rig or maybe you're not doing FPV racing and just like the compact size. Right now GPS position hold works relatively well. Harakari, a fork of MultiWii, just like CleanFlight has made great strides in GPS position hold and return to home. Dominic aka Hydra is porting Harakari GPS code into CleanFlight.

Currently our GPS boards are reconfigured with Fiero's configuration and set to 115200 baud rate and 5Hz update rate. No need for I2C converter when using a PPM LemonRX with our board.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:24 AM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
448 Posts
Osd?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:30 AM
United States, NJ, Edgewater Park
Joined Dec 2013
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I'll be on vacation Sept 24th - Oct 1st over in South Dakota. Orders will still be processed but any warranty cust. support issues I won't be able to attend to until I get back. I'll check emails as internet access permits.

We have bunch of new DIY\FPV products on the way:

-Black nylon standoffs
-Buzzers for our Massive Acro/Massive32 boards
-3S LiPos: 1000 mAh in JST and 1500 mAh in XT60 both Turnigy
-HQ Bullnose 5045 props (6045s cut down via Warpquad thread)
-EMAX 6 amp ESCs (save 20 grams on your 2S setup)
-EMAX MT2204 motors
-EMAX\NightHawk all carbon frame
Any idea of when the mentioned parts will be in stock?

And how much the EMAX MT2204's will cost?
RC_Flying is offline Find More Posts by RC_Flying
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:50 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,134 Posts
I'd put the order in now but I'm trying to get customized ESC's with color coding which may hold up the Emax stuff, but I may just go with standard stock this time around.

Standoffs, buzzers, LiPos, and Bullnose hopefully 2 weeks.

Emax motors will probably be ~$15.45-16
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:06 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,134 Posts
Finalizing an order of 6 amp ESCs and MT2204 motors. Both will have bullet connectors with color-coded heat shrink on the bullet connectors. Our next batch of 1806 motors and 12 amp ESCs will be configured the same. The 6 amp ESC's will also have the shorter servo leads.

We also have 1806\2204 ball bearing kits, motor shafts, and C-Clips on the way as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,185 Posts
2mm bullet connectors?
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:17 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
2mm bullet connectors?
Yep, our 2mm bullets didn't get shipped on our last order, but will be there for this one. If you're referring to the installed bullets on the ESCs and motors, yes they'll be 2mm as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:21 AM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
448 Posts
Enjoy your vacay! Get off rcg!